Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 27, 2014 at 03:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 07 - Oct 25 - Minnesota  (Read 4474 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Oct 25, 2009 at 16:01 »

Can we trade the MotherFuck out of Taylor and Gay?  Those two pieces of shit aren't worth a shit bag.  Townsend can play the same 10 yard soft coverage, but at least he can fucking tackle.

Holmes - put that fuckin ball away instead of acting like a gangster Bengal carrying the ball with one hand.  I expected the fumble on that series from Holmes instead of Mendenhall.  Tomlin needs to bring his attitude down a notch.

Arians - How about a running the ball OUTSIDE until they can stop it?  Let's see I'm as stupid as a mother fucker so I'm going to run Moore and anyone else up the middle.  Ben must have called the runs with Mendy outside.  Hey BA, you stupid fucking cocksuckingmotherfuck instupidpieceoffuckin gshit, how about a roll out play for Ben?  Got one of them in the book.

Props to the D.  Nice fucking goal line stand. They made Favre work for yards, while keeping Petersen in check.  With the exception of Gay and Taylor, they were pretty much lights out.  Seemed like Farrior was everywhere!!!  Harrison, Woodley, and Timmons were in the backfield all day.  Favre is going to get rid of the ball, unlike BR, so they actually did pretty good getting their sacks & TDs baby!!!!!!!.

O-line - For the lack of talent, they played pretty damn good against the Vikes D. 

Receivers - Heat, Holmes and Wallace kicked some tail.  The Vikes must have really been doing a number on Ward to hold him to 1 catch.

That's all I got.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Oct 25, 2009 at 16:23 »

That was one of the worst offensive gameplans I've ever seen in my life.  Every single running play off-tackle right was working like a charm and yet the run was scrapped almost immediately.  The Vikes secondary is a mess, and the plan of attack?  Dink and dunk to the middle of the field the entire game.  The O-line was holding their own against one of the best D-lines in the league, yet they seemed scared to have Ben drop back and pass.  Just stupid.

Red zone offense reverted back to weeks 1-3 again.  Seriously, Arians is terrible.

Why not have Sepulveda kick off from here on out?  It's not like Reed has a cannon leg anyway, and at least he can tackle somebody.

Can anyone explain to me why Dickie prefers to have his corners play off 10 yards on every single play?  They were playing to Favre's strengths, giving him those quick screens and slants all game long.  Not only that, when they did send Rice deep, they couldn't cover him anyway. 

Great overall effort by the defense though: not folding after long, back-breaking drives in the 4th quarter.  That's Steelers football, baby.  I don't like the idea of relying on Fox long-term though, we need Timmons back.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #42 on: Oct 25, 2009 at 17:15 »

Can we trade the MotherFuck out of Taylor and Gay?  Receivers - Heat, Holmes and Wallace kicked some tail.  The Vikes must have really been doing a number on Ward to hold him to 1 catch.

That's all I got.

Thought Gay played well, on balance.  Ike had his worst game in a while though.

Nice to see the D win one.  Isn't that what we've all been bitching for around here?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #43 on: Oct 25, 2009 at 17:31 »

Ugly win.

And I'll take it.  Any day.  What an effort in crunch time by the defense.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #44 on: Oct 25, 2009 at 18:16 »

Can we trade the MotherFuck out of Taylor and Gay?  Receivers - Heat, Holmes and Wallace kicked some tail.  The Vikes must have really been doing a number on Ward to hold him to 1 catch.

That's all I got.

Thought Gay played well, on balance.  Ike had his worst game in a while though.

Nice to see the D win one.  Isn't that what we've all been bitching for around here?

I thought both looked bad throughout...but it's Brett Farve.  He's pretty good.  We won't see anything like it again until the post-season

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #45 on: Oct 25, 2009 at 18:26 »

It's a different defense without Smith. It's a different defense without Timmons. It's a different defense without Kischke. It's just different than last year. It's not dominant. The offense is gonna have to get cut loose. Can't play it safe and do all the little screens to heath when we're up, trying to protect the lead. We're gonna have to chuck the ball no matter what the score is and keep chucking it. And Mendy needs to get the ball more. If we get him 25 carries, the defense will get tired. Forget the fumble, he'll work through it. It's more important to have ballance. I'm pissed because I think we got outplayed, and that's not good because I didn't think all THAT much of Minny, regardless of AD and Favre. Oh well, happy with a win. Players of the game, Clark, Woodley, Fox, Starks, Ben, and Wallace.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #46 on: Oct 25, 2009 at 19:38 »

Great win!!!!  Really was a game that was great to have- since the Ratties lost to MN. Might be important if we split with them later this year.  Still an NFC game, so not a dagger if we lost.

I still believe the O has to consistently put up 35 points....  If I didn't know better, this team tries to piss the game away in the fourth quarter.  Glad the D took some stands in MNs red zone today.

It's proof that this team has the talent to repeat, but their biggest challenge is keeping from beating themselves.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #47 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 09:00 »

The one play after Kirschke went out, I watched Hood.  Pass play, one of the completions to Rice IIRC, and Hood got no traction, no push at all, just got walked back 5 yards by his man.  Don't know what was going on with that.

I thought the call on Miller was BS, too.  Just too many trips to the RZ wound up with 3 -- or with Mendy's fumble, zip.  This guy has all the potential to be a solid feature back, explosive and powerful, but WTF is up with his ball security?  And with Arians not exploiting the place to run it?  Every time we ran right, HUGE pickup.  No, let's get down close to the goal line and run it right the motherfuck into the Williams sisters.  Douchery. 

And while we're at it, how could that horrible Vikings secondary, without Winfield, not be what Arians would pick apart?  Yes, I realize they were getting the better of our OL in the pass rush, but there were countless one-on-one matchups in our favor, and Asher Allen's starting his first game, come the fuck on, you lazy rat bastard. 

The maddening thing is that the defense has had spots of brilliance, the rushing game has had spots of brilliance, and the passing game has been downright blazing for much of the year, but it seems like they can never get all these things to happen at the same time.  Meanwhile, the STs are fucking abysmal.  Sepulveda is downfield on every punt trying to make a tackle, but Reed's classic moves are the "I'll fall down and try to trip you!" and now the "Here, let me play patty-cake with you!"  I'd like to go out drinking with that son of a bitch and kick his ass.  He might think he has the advantage, being a party boy and spotting me 15-20 years, but guess what, that little Nancy would be spitting gravel out the hole where a tooth used to be.  Aside from that, I cool with Jeffy.

The call on Heat for interference, the refs can suck it.  Sick of this pansy bullshit.

Did I actually see a holding call in 92's favor?  After I fainted, my short-term memory was foggy.

Defense needed a great 4Q.  I just sensed their pride was flagging.  Two of the most unbelievable run-backs this side of James in XLIII.  Nice job by the Vikings speed players to puss out both times.  Saw Rice got blocked, but otherwise, nice non-effort. 

A great win, and even though there were some criticisms, at least we're coming out on the right side of the close games now.  Got a bye, and hopefully Tomlin can get a better level of effort and consistency.  Not sure what he can do with STs, but the Steelers have a decent enough outlook for the 2nd half of the season.  At least we're ahead of the Ratties, and I still say the Bungles are pussies. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #48 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 09:13 »

Amen brother!!!!!

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #49 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 12:41 »

The offense is gonna have to get cut loose. Can't play it safe and do all the little screens to heath when we're up, trying to protect the lead. We're gonna have to chuck the ball no matter what the score is and keep chucking it.

I dunno, SDW.  I think the offense is playing about as all out as it's going to get; at least, as long as Arians is calling the plays.

BR's what, 2nd in the league in passing yards?  Pretty sure they're top 5 in passing and top 10 in overall offense.

A case in point yesterday was when they took possession after a punt inside their own 10 yard line with around a minute and a half to play before halftime.  It woulda been a perfect opportunity to go all safe and conservative; run out the clock and go into the half only down 4.  But, they let Ben wing it.  About a minute later, they're up 3 when Wallace makes a sweet TD grab.

I think the main problem is that people are expecting this defense to match last year's performance.  Well, let me break the news to you, boys and girls, that ain't gonna happen.  The likelihood that it would've happened again, even if everyone was completely healthy, was pretty slim to begin with.  What they did last year was special...was all-time kinda shit.  That stuff only comes around once or twice a lifetime, if you're lucky.  To think that it's gonna happen in back-to-back years when they pretty much are the samegroup, just a year older (and they were old~ish to begin with...) is wishful thinking to say the least.

Don't take this as my way of saying they're crap.  They're far from that.  Easily still a top 10, if completely healthy, top 5 group.  It's just not a clear cut #1 across the board...and then everybody else like we saw in '08.

It also doesn't mean they can't win another Champeenchip with them either... B)
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2009 at 12:43 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: