Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 12:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 07 - Oct 25 - Minnesota  (Read 4547 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #50 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 12:55 »

This guy has all the potential to be a solid feature back, explosive and powerful, but WTF is up with his ball security?  And with Arians not exploiting the place to run it?  Every time we ran right, HUGE pickup.  No, let's get down close to the goal line and run it right the motherfuck into the Williams sisters.  Douchery. 

He needs to seriously stop with the spin moves, leaving his feet and turning his back on the defense.  Guys are too big and too fast on this level for somebody like him to get away with it.

When he's lookin' for a running lane, he needs to just lower his shoulders, drive into the defender and push, not hope to spin out of the grasp of a 270# defensive lineman.  I'd sit him down and make him watch a ton of gamefilm of a guy like Marion Barber.  The guy runs like he's pissed at the world and is taking it out on anybody that dares trying to tackle him.  Defenders don't deliver a blow to him, he does it to them.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #51 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 13:19 »

This guy has all the potential to be a solid feature back, explosive and powerful, but WTF is up with his ball security?  And with Arians not exploiting the place to run it?  Every time we ran right, HUGE pickup.  No, let's get down close to the goal line and run it right the motherfuck into the Williams sisters.  Douchery. 

He needs to seriously stop with the spin moves, leaving his feet and turning his back on the defense.  Guys are too big and too fast on this level for somebody like him to get away with it.

When he's lookin' for a running lane, he needs to just lower his shoulders, drive into the defender and push, not hope to spin out of the grasp of a 270# defensive lineman.  I'd sit him down and make him watch a ton of gamefilm of a guy like Marion Barber.  The guy runs like he's pissed at the world and is taking it out on anybody that dares trying to tackle him.  Defenders don't deliver a blow to him, he does it to them.

Another cowboy who needs remedial schooling is "Flexie" Holmes.  I was cringing when he was running downfield looking like he was getting ready to wind up and chuck the discus. 

You wanna watch film on a guy who shows ball security, cue up Heath fucking Miller.  Guy gets the ball over the middle with 3, 4 defenders launching themselves at him, and he's digging and clawing for those extra yards.  He knows where that first down is, and he's bound and determined to do everything he can to get there.  Oh, and as soon as he gets the ball, he's got two arms over it like he's running a baby through a battlefield.  I do this little clap every time Heat gets the ball and digs in for a few hard-fought yards.  Fuck flexing the bicep.  Miller's the man.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #52 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 14:02 »

Ike Taylor could take some cue's from Heat too . . . Wait, never mind, he'd actually have to catch it first.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #53 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 14:08 »

Ike Taylor could take some cue's from Heat too

I'm not aware of the origins of the Face Me Ike face wash, but some guy at the Y did it twice today after draining 3 pointers.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #54 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 14:18 »

Ike Taylor could take some cue's from Heat too

I'm not aware of the origins of the Face Me Ike face wash, but some guy at the Y did it twice today after draining 3 pointers.

Did you kick him in the 'nads?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #55 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 14:27 »

Did you kick him in the 'nads?

My D isn't tight enough to kick anyone at the arc. But if you drive inside, I always go for the Bill Laimbeer strip.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #56 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 17:23 »

I have seen a lot of guys do that.  "Face Me" is that what it means, like man up, if you are man enough?

I don't have time for that stupid gangster crap.

Otis - you should have "swept his knee" then put him in a figure 4 for doin that stupid crap.  Tell him that's not how he rolls, from now on!!!!!

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #57 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 17:31 »

I don't have time for that stupid gangster crap.

Cracka!

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #58 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 18:13 »

I'm listening to the locals on the am-sports-talk show, they're doing a weekly segment, Trip Down NFL Boulevard.  They're talking about how Minnesota totally dominated the Steelers and if not for that bad tripping call would surely have won.

What!?  There's no way those people watched that game.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #59 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 18:18 »

I'm listening to the locals on the am-sports-talk show, they're doing a weekly segment, Trip Down NFL Boulevard.  They're talking about how Minnesota totally dominated the Steelers and if not for that bad tripping call would surely have won.

What!?  There's no way those people watched that game.

Yeah, clearly they just saw highlights and the offensive numbers-- and what annoyed me was how the various media were harping on the trip but not one mentioned the phantom call on Miller.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: