Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 30, 2014 at 12:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 06 - Oct 18 - Cleveland  (Read 2731 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Apr 20, 2009 at 08:35 »

Week 06 - Oct 18 - Cleveland

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 09:23 »

I'm ready for another nail biter!!!
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 10:58 »

If we get the same announcing crew (Fouts and Dick Enberg I believe) as last week, I'll probably have to watch the game on mute. Did anybody else notice how any times Enberg said the wrong player's name during a play?  It was pretty much an every possession occurrence, and he seems to have always had this problem.  I'm not sure how that senile fucker still has that job.  Given the fact this isn't exactly a marquee match-up (it's a 5 star game because we're in it!) I'm sure that's who we'll be stuck with.

I predict no nail-biter this week.  Steelers win 34-10 and Derek Anderson might even complete 3 passes (remember when people actually thought he was good?  291998 )

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 11:08 »

It's so clear that the Steelers will dominate this game, I'm dreading it. If they barely win or <gulp> actually find a way to lose, then I will hide in my house for the rest of the week.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 12:25 »

So far, it sounds like we're only dominating in our mediocrity.  The BA/BS Report will be interesting tomorrow.

In the good news for the day, the Ravens look like a bunch of bumbling buffoons vs. the Vikings.  Hopefully we'll get our crap together before next Sunday.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 13:11 »

Can we just friggin' pooch kick it all day long when we play vs. Cribbs?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 13:17 »

FWP looks like he has a fire under his ass today.

Maybe that big game by Mendenhall last week has fringe benefits.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 14:11 »

OK, I'm flipping back and forth btw NYG@NO and BAL@MIN and following the Steelers game tracker on CBS Sportsline.  I noticed that after the Browns scored, the Steelers scored in quick fashion on a Mendenhall TD. 

Then I see the kickoff went to the CLE 22!?  Is that right?  Did Reed squib it? Like, on purpose or something?  The 22!?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 14:13 »

Yes, they have been kicking it short, to try to keep away from Cribbs. Although, that time it failed, he came up and caught it.

LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 14:29 »

Ok, disregard that Parker compliment.

Don't fumble there, douche.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: