Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 26, 2014 at 05:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 06 - Oct 18 - Cleveland  (Read 2786 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #10 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 15:14 »

Did they start kicking away from Cribbs after he burned 'em?

And was that the big guy's first 400 yard (23/35 417 2 1) game?  I cannot recall another.  Damn bus driver.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 15:55 »

Yes, they tried to kick it short or squib it. Gave the Stains excellent field position, which Anderson  and Co. would promptly squander.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 15:58 »

"Mendinghall" (as Wilcotts called him the entire day) was picking up blitzes all day with ease.  FWP definitely can't do that.

The score made the game seem closer than it actually was.  The Browns offensive TD should never have happened, Harrison was so blatantly held by Thomas on that deep ball to Massoquai it was unbelievable.  It took TWO guys holding Harrison at the same time in the 4th quarter for him to actually get that call.

Hines Ward looks as good right now as he has in his entire career.  Weren't we worried about him possibly losing a step as recently as two offseasons ago?  The guy looks like he can play another 5+ years.

Looked like Troy was pretty much just back there playing decoy after that pick when he tweaked his knee.  Looked like the knee just gave out on him due to lack of strength, I don't think he re-injured it.

Can't believe the Vikes let the Ravens back into that game, and that the Ravens ended up shitting the bed at the end anyway.  That Minnesota D isn't even as close to as good as advertised.  That D-line will give our O-line fits, but the secondary is ripe for the picking.  As a Twin Cities native, I definitely could use the win next week for my own well-being.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 16:12 »

And was that the big guy's first 400 yard (23/35 417 2 1) game?  I cannot recall another.  Damn bus driver.

No. Ben put up 433 in '06 in a 31-20 loss to Denver.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 21:19 »

I thought Ward's 2nd TD was good...he maintained possession long enough IMO before bobbling it.  THEN Massaquoi makes a decent catch with some questionable footwork that Tomlin challenges...watching the replay, he does the very same thing Ward did (bobbles OOB)and they rule it a catch.  WTF?  lets see some consistency fellas.

It just seems that this team is one bad play from making a game a complete blowout.  the Cribbs TD kept the browns in it somewhat, the pick 6 last week gave the lions some momentum, etc...

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 22:44 »

Couldn't complain too much about those two catch/no catch reviews.  Another solid win, but I'd really like to see us kick the crap out of one of these weak sisters, and have it show on the scoreboard.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Oct 18, 2009 at 23:35 »

It seems like all across the league this new "must maintain possession throughout the catch" rule has been interpreted about a dozen different ways.  Something the league definitely needs to look at next year.  Absolutely no consistency at all with those calls, to the point that even when I can see exactly what happened on replay, I have no idea what the result of the review will be.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 06:52 »

It seems like all across the league this new "must maintain possession throughout the catch" rule has been interpreted about a dozen different ways.

boot,

Did you see the first TD in the Gophers/Penn St. game?
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 07:42 »

I saw the end of the Bills/Jets game.  Still don't know how they took the catch away from the Bills at the 4-yard line.  I guess the technical interpretation was correct, but dang...how could they look at that play and say "no catch?"

Bill Hillgrove said that pretty soon they're going to have to catch it, get both feet down and carry the ball to the locker room for it to count.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 09:04 »

It seems like all across the league this new "must maintain possession throughout the catch" rule has been interpreted about a dozen different ways.

boot,

Did you see the first TD in the Gophers/Penn St. game?

No, I'm not really a college football guy.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: