Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 22:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 05 - Oct 11 @ Detroit  (Read 3619 times)
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #30 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 14:21 »

3rd and 7 and a draw gets the Lions 8.  Give me a friggin break.

Oh, INT!  Culpepper is a dumbass.

On that play, it looked like LeBeau was getting too cute. We had two defensive linemen on the play, both lined up outside the Offensive Tackles. No down lineman in between. Any team could run up the middle and bull it against that formation. The only play the Lions really have right now are draws and screens, and yet we're giving up big chunks on these plays.
Manimal

« Reply #31 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 14:22 »

Menenhall, meanwhile, looks like a smaller Earl Campbell.
VaBchSteelersfan

« Reply #32 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 14:45 »

We HAVE to stop this drive!

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
VaBchSteelersfan

« Reply #33 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 14:45 »

We HAVE to stop this drive!

that didn't work out so well...

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Manimal

« Reply #34 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 14:46 »

Nice job defense!
Manimal

« Reply #35 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 14:52 »

So, after 5 games, we are an offensive-oriented team with a defense that can't do much well.

We're the 1984 Dolphins, or the 2004 Bengals, or something like that.

We are playing a Lions team which is on a 2-26 run. They are starting a washed up bum at QB, don't have their #1 WR, and have TWO other receivers who have gone down on top of it.

And they are slicing and dicing our defense. This is sickening. We're going to end up looking good because of a cupcake schedule, but, frankly, we absolutely suck.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 15:41 »

I'm getting tired of these games that should be over after 2 quarters turn into nail biters, but it's nice to get a win.  Culpepper played admirably, and quite frankly it's too bad Stafford was dinged up.  If the kid starts, the Steelers probably win that game 35-6. 

Another awful second half.  This time Arians and the offense were far too aggressive when they should have been feeding the ball to RM to eat up clock and wear the Lions out on defense.  Pretty much the exact opposite of the last few weeks, so I guess we can be happy they changed the philosophy but the execution just wasn't there.  O-line looked dominant in quarters 1 & 2 and couldn't have blocked me in quarters 3 and 4.  Again though, I don't understand the play call: going for the deep bomb when they should have just been dinking and dunking.  Ben had completed 13 passes in a row for crying out loud, what's with all the hail mary attempts?

Nice to see Harrison and Woodley starting to get some consistent pressure again, but with that Swiss cheese secondary it doesn't matter unless they can bring the QB down.  I was saying prior to this game that I prefer Troy to sit until the Vikes game and come back completely healthy, that we wouldn't need him for the Lions game.  Hard to imagine Culpepper has that kind of success with Troy back there today.  But we REALLY shouldn't need him against the Stains, should we?

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 21:13 »

Ratliff is terrible

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Oct 12, 2009 at 10:58 »

...*sigh*...

By an inch or a mile...winning is winning.

I guess.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Oct 12, 2009 at 21:09 »

Hey guys, did you all check out that really awesome drop by sweed that killed the opportunity to extend a drive?  

Looks like he missed the memo that he needs to stop sucking.

I'm not sure who in the hell would want him, but tifwiw...

15. Wide receivers Limas Sweed and Kevin Curtis will be available for trade this week. Do you think anyone takes one? I doubt it.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Tavern-talk-A-win-for-Vikki-Zimmer.html
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: