Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 17, 2014 at 22:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 04 - Oct 4 - San Diego  (Read 7303 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #140 on: Oct 05, 2009 at 08:52 »

I think that we can safely say:  None of the sacks given up so far were the fault of the offensive line.

True, indeed.

+2.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #141 on: Oct 05, 2009 at 08:55 »

Maybe Logon gets a pass for being such a runt and getting mugged by 4 or 5 guys, but when one guy had him around the waste, he was waving the ball around like he was looking for a lateral. 

I'm not too worried about the D.  They need to finish better, obviously, but overall, they played great for 3 q's and OK for one.  The O looked completely different.  Arians must have had a monster sinus headache in which he couldn't think clearly.  Using a FB, Ben getting the ball to Heat, HB TD Pass, a reverse, PAP in appropriate situations, 5 wide sets with new looks.  Holy crap.  I'm probably giving him too much credit.  Tomlin prolly put together the game plan for the O.

Like Jack said, what about forward progress for Logan!?  Besides, I've seen plenty of times when the whistle is blown when the tackling team is *clearly* holding a guy up when the play is long over.  That said, if there's no lane and you can't break the first tackle, get to the ground, Logan.  Then again, how about a little help for the midget?

Agreed on all other points - esp the D.  They were great for the most part, really only had one terrible series and I suppose you have to give Livers a little credit.  And I didn't consider the Arians/Tomlin angle - bet you're right!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #142 on: Oct 05, 2009 at 09:15 »

Can somebody explain what the fuck is happening right now?

I'd say it was right about here when I went to bed.  Still fully expected them to win, but I wasn't going to watch it.  I can't remember the last time I was that angry watching a Steeler game.  Oh, wait a minute...yeah, I can...3rd and 6, QB SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 ... 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: