Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 02, 2014 at 02:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 02 - Sep 20 @ Chicago  (Read 4348 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #20 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 16:11 »

MORE BULLSHIT against Harrison.  Cutler is in the EZ, Harrison is dragged down from behind (that alone should have been holding for a SAFETY) causing him to hit Cutler low. 

So, rather than the SAFETY we get a PF call against Silverback.

I hope he gets a clean kill shot at Cutler at some point in the game.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #21 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 16:12 »

I hope he gets a clean kill shot at Cutler at some point in the game.

A shot just like Carter put on Olsen.  SMACK!

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #22 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 16:16 »

I can't believe Timmons gets called for holding W/IN THE 5YD AREA on a move that was more incidental than anything.  Yet when a lineman clamps on Silverback, that's not a hold!?

BULLSHIT!

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #23 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 17:10 »

Good job by Mendenhall making something outta nothing on a busted play - hell, good job even making the catch.  Maybe they'll let him get a few touches this half.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #24 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 17:15 »

Diving in for the TD, save that Elway impersonation for the Super Bowl, big guy.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 19:11 »

I find it odd that we're giving it up to rookie receivers (Kenny Britt, Johnnie Knox) each week.

Ummm, BA?  Rashard Mendenhall averaged 13.0 a carry.  He made chicken salad outta chicken Scheiss on that one, and kept the drive alive that should have put us up 17-7, if not for Skippy's issues.  WHY DON'T YOU RUN THIS GUY?  Fucking sheepshit, something works, let's dare not use it again.  Fucking tick brain.

Teams are passing on us again.  And we're not getting pressure from Woodley and Harrison.  That's worrisome.  That's more worrisome than the injury to Troy, IMO, because it's not just going to get healthy on its own.

Arians ... KILLS ... drives.  His asinine playcalling typically results in run for nada, 2nd-and-10, 3rd-and-long.  Desperation offense every fucking drive.  Someone garrote this POS.

Was hoping Joystick would get untracked.  Alas.

More calls AGAINST Harrison than holding ON him?  MotherfuckersayWHAAAA ...?

Ben was not crisp.  Ben was, in fact, sloppy.  Cutler woke up.  Ben needs to, too.

We're tied for second... with the Bengals... behind Balty...  I'm sure Tomlin will expound.  Tomlin at the half did not look sanguine, by any stretch. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #26 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 19:19 »

One of the more distressing plays, to me, was the sack that Ben took before Reed missed his second-to-last FG attempt, when it was 14-7, Steelers.

I know it's easy to say in retrospect, since Reed misse this, what, 38-yard kick. And maybe Ben thought that Reed was money even if he got sacked.

But the thing is, that play wasn't going anywhere, Ben could have launched it through the back of the end zone, and instead, he takes like a 10-yard sack. He did a similar thing against Tennesee with the 19-yard sack he took, which took us out of FG range.

Anyway, if we kick from the 11-yard line, Reed makes that kick, it's 17-7, and the defense can tee off on Cutler. Changes the game, possibly. I am loathe to question Ben's game smarts, which I think are second-to-none, but I'd like him to learn when it's okay to not go for heroics and concede a play with an incompletion. His default is to never make this concession.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #27 on: Sep 20, 2009 at 21:01 »

Yeah, this was a game that they just flat-out pissed away.  And with Houston beating the Titans, you have to wonder how quality that win was.  

And now we're looking up at the frigging Ratbirds!?

Ben's INT was terrible, his sack before the FG attempt was terrible.  As usual, BA's play calling and usage of personnel was stupefying.  The defense looks good for most of the game then gives up tying or go-ahead scores at the end of each half.  

Plenty of items for Tomlin to refocus the boys.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda - Super Bowl Champs, 1-1, beaten by that punk-faced little shit, Cutler.  

Well, at least the Patsies lost.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 09:10 »

Good analysis of "The Longest Drive" we've allowed in 3 seasons.

While I will continue to kvetch and moan about BA ad nauseam, given the fact that this roster has so much wasted talent on the O side (IMO, why aren't we holding opponents to ~15 but putting up ~30?!?)...  Let's not forget that Soldier Field was a soggy, sloggy mess.  We had some CBs slip at key times, and Tone couldn't hold onto the fastball outs.  (IMO, again, wrong pass being called given the conditions, which BA should have accounted for). 

I think we'll rebound just fine.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 20:03 »

Good analysis of "The Longest Drive" we've allowed in 3 seasons.

While I will continue to kvetch and moan about BA ad nauseam, given the fact that this roster has so much wasted talent on the O side (IMO, why aren't we holding opponents to ~15 but putting up ~30?!?)...  Let's not forget that Soldier Field was a soggy, sloggy mess.  We had some CBs slip at key times, and Tone couldn't hold onto the fastball outs.  (IMO, again, wrong pass being called given the conditions, which BA should have accounted for).  

I think we'll rebound just fine.

I actually didn't think the conditions were that bad and it shouldn't be an excuse for not catching the damn ball. If we can't catch the ball in those weather and field conditions, what the hell are we going to do in Nov/Dec at Heinz Field. That will make Soldier Field look like the RCA dome.

That said, I also think we'll rebound from a terrible game. Playing Cincy will help.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: