Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 02:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 02 - Sep 20 @ Chicago  (Read 4769 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Sep 24, 2009 at 08:36 »

Good analysis of "The Longest Drive" we've allowed in 3 seasons.

While I will continue to kvetch and moan about BA ad nauseam, given the fact that this roster has so much wasted talent on the O side (IMO, why aren't we holding opponents to ~15 but putting up ~30?!?)...  Let's not forget that Soldier Field was a soggy, sloggy mess.  We had some CBs slip at key times, and Tone couldn't hold onto the fastball outs.  (IMO, again, wrong pass being called given the conditions, which BA should have accounted for). 

I think we'll rebound just fine.

I actually didn't think the conditions were that bad and it shouldn't be an excuse for not catching the damn ball. If we can't catch the ball in those weather and field conditions, what the hell are we going to do in Nov/Dec at Heinz Field. That will make Soldier Field look like the RCA dome.

That said, I also think we'll rebound from a terrible game. Playing Cincy will help.

I agree that you have to make the play regardless of conditions.  But (and maybe Otis can clarify) it looked like most of the time sheets of rain were coming down, several times they showed divots of grass kicked out, and I saw both Gay and Ike slip on some key plays.  And unless Tone's back to smoke, I think the fastballs high and away were impossible to get a grip on.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Sep 24, 2009 at 08:47 »

I don't know what they mentioned during the telecast, but the guys behind us said that grass had only been down for a few days. Didn't look bad from the grandstand  Smiley

It never really rained that hard and it would only last for a few minutes. But, it always seemed to rain the hardest when we had the ball.

There were 3 Steelers fans in our section that really should have been set on fire. Just acting like cunts from the opening kickoff. Needless to say, by the end, things were getting a little chippy in the stands. Guess there was a brawl up a little higher, but I didn't see it. Caught part of one on the way out. Some Bears fan threw some dude's TT to the ground and got turfed.

Shitty game, but Saturday night was a good time.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Sep 24, 2009 at 08:52 »

Sweet move: go into the house of a non-rivalry team and act like cunts.  Nice way to represent.

Just go in, be a fan of your team, don't act like a fucking douche, and try to enjoy... and let others around you have an enjoyable time, too.  Steelers fans should always comport with class. 

kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Sep 24, 2009 at 10:48 »

Sweet move: go into the house of a non-rivalry team and act like cunts.  Nice way to represent.

Just go in, be a fan of your team, don't act like a fucking douche, and try to enjoy... and let others around you have an enjoyable time, too.  Steelers fans should always comport with class.  

Except when in Baltimore and Cleveland (and maybe New England). Wink

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Sep 24, 2009 at 10:53 »

Sweet move: go into the house of a non-rivalry team and act like cunts.  Nice way to represent.

Just go in, be a fan of your team, don't act like a fucking douche, and try to enjoy... and let others around you have an enjoyable time, too.  Steelers fans should always comport with class. 

Except when in Baltimore and Cleveland (and maybe New England). Wink

Well, I'd consider those rivalry teams... any divisional rival, and NE gets a special place in the Hall of Hatred.

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: