Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 05:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 [18] 19 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 01 - Sep 10 - Tennessee  (Read 10887 times)
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #170 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:34 »

Huge fuck up. We play awful, lost our best player to injury and had a chance to walk out with the W. Now we play extra time with no guarantee that we see the ball again. Terrible.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #171 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:34 »

I swear when I saw Ward running like that in the middle of the field carrying the ball in one hand, I saw that coming.

Gonna have to play a little extra for this one.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #172 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:35 »

Huge fuck up. We play awful, lost our best player to injury and had a chance to walk out with the W. Now we play extra time with no guarantee that we see the ball again. Terrible.

Yep...not a good decision at all, but he's earned a mistake or two. Just sucks that it may cost the team a win.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #173 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:37 »

Can we just line up and tell the league we're going to pass try and stop us? Cause the running game is shit. So glad I stayed far away from it in my fantasy drafts this year. Heath and Holmes look awesome. Ben looks OK, but has been inconsistent. The defense looked as good as last year with Troy, but has been much more average without him. Hope he's not hurt as badly as it looked. I hate when knees bend sideways (at least when the player's last name isn't Palmer). Oops...that was mean.

Also, special teams looks to be much improved this year with Robopunter and a legitimate return threat. Also surprised that the Titans WRs and TEs look as good as they do this year.

Can you call someone up from the practice squad during a game, cause our short yardage package looks like a big pile of black and gold shit.

Holy shit, who's this guy?

LOL...yeah, I'm back at least on a part time basis.

I'm just kiddin' with ya.  I'm a bit of a mirage around here these days.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #174 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:38 »

I got a flashback to the disastrous title defence of 06 when Hines fumbled in Denver....seemed like we were always playing catch up and could never get over the hump.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #175 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:39 »

Can we just line up and tell the league we're going to pass try and stop us? Cause the running game is shit. So glad I stayed far away from it in my fantasy drafts this year. Heath and Holmes look awesome. Ben looks OK, but has been inconsistent. The defense looked as good as last year with Troy, but has been much more average without him. Hope he's not hurt as badly as it looked. I hate when knees bend sideways (at least when the player's last name isn't Palmer). Oops...that was mean.

Also, special teams looks to be much improved this year with Robopunter and a legitimate return threat. Also surprised that the Titans WRs and TEs look as good as they do this year.

Can you call someone up from the practice squad during a game, cause our short yardage package looks like a big pile of black and gold shit.

Holy shit, who's this guy?

LOL...yeah, I'm back at least on a part time basis.

I'm just kiddin' with ya.  I'm a bit of a mirage around here these days.

Yeah...I hear you...real life really takes time away from surfing the net. Damn jobs and parenting (unbelievable amount of work).

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #176 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:44 »

Bringing Redman up or not, I don't see the short-yardage game or running game in general improving. 

It's amazing to see how well the OL is pass blocking but how atrocious they are in run blocking. 

And why the Steelers have gone to back-to-back run plays is ridiculous.  Jonrz, what's the other site you run?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #177 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:45 »

Can we call the Bus up?  Write it into his ontract that he only comes in for 3rd and 1.  Guaranteed he still converts more than half.

Thank God, we got one.  Had to spread the field to get it, but it's a conversion.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #178 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:47 »

Ben is a beast!
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #179 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 22:48 »

Going for the FG a little early though?

I think under 30 yards counts as a chip shot. 33 yards?
Pages: 1 ... 17 [18] 19 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: