Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 22, 2014 at 18:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Updated TwistedMock  (Read 803 times)
TwistedLemon

« on: Apr 20, 2009 at 12:23 »

Been spending a little (very little) time roaming aimlessly around other mocks, etc, as well as reading over the postings here.  As a result, here is the most updated version of the Twisted Mock:

1.32 - Alex Mack, C, California:  This has been all over, here and otherwise.  Why not agree for once in my life.

2.64 - Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma:  Have seen him as our first rounder as well, but I am projecting a major slip

3.96 - Coye Francies, CB, San Jose State:  Have seen as high as round 2, as low as round 5.  Take the average, late round 3

:  Just was reading this here.  Dont know if they would give him for simply our 4th, but I would do it with nothing additional.

:  Potential and ability are there if healthy.  Consider him the Hill of this years draft

5.169 - Vaughn Martin, DT, W. Ontario:  Am a sucker.....will go with what I read on here

6.205 - Brandon Underwood, FS, Cincinnati:  The Cincy secondary has been great over the past few years.  Position of need.  Good time IMO

7.226 -  Zach Potter, DE, Nebraska:  Again, developmental need position

7. 241 - Frank Summers, FB, UNLV:  Really do not know that he would be here this late, if so, take him

"My reality check bounced"
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2009 at 13:12 »

Overall, I'd be very happy with that haul.

Mack: A.

Robinson: C-.  IMO, he's Kemo, maybe a little better. 

Francies: B.  I've liked him, think he got slowed by a foot/leg ding, but will be a solid pro.

Parrish: B.  Great KR.  Not sure how much he'll be a part of the receiving game, and I almost wouldn't mind seeing us take someone who could grow into that as well.

Gardner: B.  Injury issue would need to be answered, but could be a very good starter, possibly even a LT in a few years.

Martin: A.  Raw athlete, great size, intelligence, moldable clay for LeBeau.

Underwood:  C.  Developmental, about the right value here.

Potter:  C.  Same as Underwood.  Might go with a higher KEI prospect like Mitchell, but would be fine with Potter.

Summers: A.  I'm a sucker for the hype.

Only one I don't really like is Duke.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
TwistedLemon

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2009 at 07:59 »

After reading an article on C Wood, I think I might actually prefer him over Mack.  One line in the article did it for me (wish I could recall where it was): "Plays with the nastiness of Mike Webster".

That being said, would Wood still be there in round 2?  If the thought is yes, I say place the San Jose St DE at the round 1 spot, Wood at spot 2, and replace the project of DE Potter with G Isdaner of WVU, in the 6th with the FS project from Cincy moving to round 7.

As always, good feedback an input there Finney

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2009 at 08:26 »

There's a gaggle of teams who need a center this year, and would take Wood well before we do at 2.64: Cinci and Cleve have worked him out and are very interested; Denver's C is 100, and they have an unproven backup; even Zona at 2.63 could use one. 

TwistedLemon

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2009 at 09:21 »

All things considered, replace Mack into spot 1 then. I just can't get past the "Plays with a nastiness of Webster" comment (assuming it is true)

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Apr 21, 2009 at 09:40 »

Quote from: finny
even Zona at 2.63 could use one.

Smokescreen.  Everyone knows they're waiting for us to cut Stapleton.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Apr 21, 2009 at 12:36 »

Quote from: finny
even Zona at 2.63 could use one.

Smokescreen.  Everyone knows they're waiting for us to cut Stapleton.

They're pissed they missed out on Gary Russell.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: