Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 30, 2014 at 14:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yardwork and Pain  (Read 594 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Apr 25, 2009 at 20:38 »

So I'm doing yardwork, trimming the hedges, putting down fertilizer & weed killer, etc.  Decide I'd better turn the compost as that rarely gets done.  Get the shovel, stand ready and what do I see but a squash plant (I think) growing on the top.  Maybe a bird ate my seeds and shart it into the compost?  Dunno.  But I'm gonna get that sucker and transplant it.  So I reach in there, scoop up some dirt and FEEL BURNING PAIN.  I grabbed a double-handful of fire ants. Those little fuckers are pure evil.  It took about 2.5 seconds to get 'em off.

I do not recommend grabbing a double-handful of fire ants.  Never a good choice.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2009 at 22:22 »

Never Mow the lawn in the south wearing flip flops...made that mistake once....once.  Killed those fuckers the next day...

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2009 at 09:35 »

So I'm doing yardwork, trimming the hedges, putting down fertilizer & weed killer, etc.  Decide I'd better turn the compost as that rarely gets done.  Get the shovel, stand ready and what do I see but a squash plant (I think) growing on the top.  Maybe a bird ate my seeds and shart it into the compost?  Dunno.  But I'm gonna get that sucker and transplant it.  So I reach in there, scoop up some dirt and FEEL BURNING PAIN.  I grabbed a double-handful of fire ants. Those little fuckers are pure evil.  It took about 2.5 seconds to get 'em off.

I do not recommend grabbing a double-handful of fire ants.  Never a good choice.

YIKES - hopefully there was no need to seek medical attention.

Lack of humidity and bugs is an extremely nice part of living in the Rockies.  You midwest/easterners won't believe this,but there is only one place we go camping that we need mosquito repellent.  A few ants and gnats but once you get to about 7000 feet there are very very few bugs.

Jonzr - I just noticed this.  I, but more so the people reading my posts, thank you for instituting a spell check.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2009 at 09:40 »

Never Mow the lawn in the south wearing flip flops...made that mistake once....once.  Killed those fuckers the next day...

I ran over or near a yellow jackets' nest (the in-ground nest) with a lawnmower and was zapped a few times

Growing up in the South, I was very used to fire ants.  I guess they don't have them up here in Maryland, as I haven't seen 'em.  Though, the tough streets of Bawlmore may be too much for them.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2009 at 11:21 »

Jonzr - I just noticed this.  I, but more so the people reading my posts, thank you for instituting a spell check.

The red squiggly line has popped up in many of my posts!  The series of tubes has destroyed my spelifying!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: