Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 19, 2014 at 04:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Round One: Flyers vs Penguins  (Read 4856 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #60 on: Apr 25, 2009 at 17:07 »

Bea Arthur died today, too.

But she didn't blow a 3 goal lead at home.

Sad
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #61 on: Apr 25, 2009 at 17:11 »

Bea Arthur and she didn't blow used in the same post....ewww

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #62 on: Apr 25, 2009 at 17:23 »

Brinker,

Why aren't you out buying up the early editions?
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #63 on: Apr 26, 2009 at 19:18 »

Since we have no chance of playing the Rangers (who are done IMO), that leaves the Canes, Caps, Bruins or Devils. 

While it's going to be a battle no matter who we play, out of the four possible teams, I would rather see the Devils for reasons that I have already mentioned earlier in this thread.  They are up there in age, their defense is weak and we have played very well against Brodeur over the years.  Plus, we have owned them for much of the season.

The Canes scare me for one main reason...when Ward get's hot, he get's brutally hot.  The other reason, they are a very gritty team.  I do love the chance at having home ice for that series, which is huge this time of year.  While I would still rather see the Devils, the Canes are a very close second.

The Capitals offense scares me and I hate the Verizon Center.  Also, Varlamov has come in and has played very well.  In his first game, he only gave up one goal.  His second game, a shutout.  His third game, another shutout.  Today, he gave up three, but also forced a game 7 on Washington ice.  He's doing what Theodore failed to do.  I would rather face Brodeur and that Devils defense.

The Bruins I would like to avoid at all costs.  I would rather see them go through another series before having to meet up with them.  That is just a very solid hockey team from the goaltending on down.  I just don't like it.  It's not a good matchup for the Pens in my opinion.

So overall...

1A - NJ

1B - Carolina

2 - Washington

3 - Boston

« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2009 at 19:26 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #64 on: Apr 26, 2009 at 19:33 »

Eitherway, for us to even think about surviving past the second round, this team needs to step it up another level in my opinion.  For starters...

On offense, Chris Kunitz has to start scoring and go back to punishing D-men on the forecheck like he was doing early in the Philly series.  Bill Guerin has to score a little more.  They have to find a winger for Geno and stick with him.  I feel for the guy.  Throw Sykora back in there and just go with it, because we are out of options.  Staal has to score some goals while continuing to be the shutdown center he was on Carter.  I'm not expecting him to go on a scoring tear, but putting one in from time to time would be nice. 

On defense, Gonchar has to actually show up this series.  Gill has to stop turning the puck over time and time again.  Make smarter passes out of his zone.  While I felt Fleury played a very solid series, one of his nasty habits were starting to show....rebound control problems. 

On ST's, I've said it time and time again, the PP needs to click.  Frankly, I have given up all hope that our PP will magically start clicking at some point during this run.  I have been waiting all year long and it hasn't happened yet.  Why would it start now?  In short, it's absolutely f-ing horrible.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #65 on: Apr 27, 2009 at 09:16 »

Bea Arthur died today, too.

But she didn't blow a 3 goal lead at home.

Sad

She?

You mean it really wasn't a transvestite after all?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #66 on: Apr 27, 2009 at 11:41 »

Penguins sell out playoff tickets
Monday, April 27, 2009
By Shelly Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Penguins have sold the roughly 2,000 tickets to each of the first two home games for the next round of the playoffs that went on sale today at 10 a.m., ensuring sellouts.

Their opponent for the second round will be determined by the outcome of games tomorrow night. Dates and times will be set after that.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09117/965903-100.stm
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #67 on: Apr 27, 2009 at 17:54 »

Eitherway, for us to even think about surviving past the second round, this team needs to step it up another level in my opinion. 

as long as Talbot is willing to get beat like a slab of meat every game, the stanley cup is good as ours. chair

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: