Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 22, 2014 at 21:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A good story for everyone...even Otis  (Read 1317 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: May 04, 2009 at 17:33 »

http://www2.statesville.com/content/2009/may/04/couple-goes-extra-mile-injured-dog/news-local/#comments

Ok Otis...have at it.

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009 at 18:18 »

Don't show Big Virgil that photo.

He'd stick that dog on his roof and wire him up if he thought there was even the slimmest chance that he could dial in just one more HD channel.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009 at 18:38 »

Congrats, Brinker.  I hope y'all can recoup the rest of those expenses.  Hopefully the publicity will help out with that.  Cute dog, too.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009 at 06:52 »

Nice article Brinker...Though I do have to wonder how you are owned by three rescue dogs.

But these two dog lovers, who are owned by three rescued dogs,

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009 at 07:54 »

He'd stick that dog on his roof and wire him up if he thought there was even the slimmest chance that he could dial in just one more HD channel.

Does that thing have some sort of foil backing?  If Mrs. doggie got some steel parts, we might be in business.

Brinker - That is certainly doing a selfless deed.  Through your rescue connections, I am glad you have the resources to raise money.  I have to say, in all honesty, if that happened to any dog I own (even when I was really into it), the outcome would be much different.   

Congrats Brinker and I hope the donation keep rolling in.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009 at 10:57 »

Nice article Brinker...Though I do have to wonder how you are owned by three rescue dogs.

But these two dog lovers, who are owned by three rescued dogs,

She was implying that our dogs run the house.

Does that thing have some sort of foil backing?  If Mrs. doggie got some steel parts, we might be in business.

Steel plates and screws...not sure what type of metal. 

Shadow is a dog. A dog barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild her. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dog. Shadow will be that dog. Better than she was before. Better, stronger, faster
Brinker - That is certainly doing a selfless deed.  Through your rescue connections, I am glad you have the resources to raise money.  I have to say, in all honesty, if that happened to any dog I own (even when I was really into it), the outcome would be much different.   

Congrats Brinker and I hope the donation keep rolling in.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009 at 11:32 »

Then they plan to look for a forever home for the lab. With their three rescue dogs, they want Shadow to have more attention than they can provide.

They said they will be picky about anyone wanting Shadow.

"They'll have to have a fenced yard," he said.

I know this construction worker dude that lives (kinda) in Virginia.  Nice house; fenced in yard; multiple pools; lotta dog "friends" for Shadow; a real "animal lover" that has gone out of his way to make many donations to help other animal lovers out there.  I think he'd be a great addition to the friendsoftheanimals.n et community.  He's got a lot more time on his hands now since his last job fell through.  I won't go into details, but he got totally railroaded for something that was blown completely out of proportion.  Anyway, what's done is done, right?

Seriously, that's a great article, man. 

*raises soda bottle*

To a speedy recovery for Shadow.  And, here's to hoping that donations cover the surgical costs and you guys manage to find her a safe and happy home.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009 at 10:31 »

Donations jumped after the article to $5100.00 in total....$700.00 more and we are all good.  Thanks for the support MGS...

Brinker

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: