Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 03:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Round Three: Canes vs Pens  (Read 3642 times)
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2009 at 13:33 »

That was the most complete and dominating game the Pens have played this entire postseason. The best part of it all is that I feel Ward played a pretty damn good game, and probably prevented 3 more goals. Even when it was 3-2 late, I just felt the Pens were completely dominating. Even though I have a ticket to game 5, I want to embarass these fuckers on their home ice and just end it with a sweep. The way Fedontenko, Guerin, Satan, and the checking line are playing, wow. Marian who? And Malkin is on a whole other planet right now.

I hate to look ahead, but:

Hopefully Chicago steals one more from Detroit, pushing that series to at least 6. I still don't know if we can beat Detroit, but I think this years team has a better chance to push it to seven than last years, and I honestly think if we improve on a few things (clearing the fucking zone after rebounds!!!) we can beat those douchebags.

Thinking back to last year, we were basically down 2-0 in pretty dominating fashion before we woke up and lost that series in 6. Malkin was invisible, and although the team looked better on paper (Hossa, Malone, etc.), this team has more of an "it" factor. This year's team has had a much harder road (I think this year's Philly team is better than any team we faced last year), and if they close out this series have beaten better teams than they did last year. Coasting to the finals last year was not a good thing, this team is battle tested and peaking at the right time.

I know we have to take care of business against Carolina first, but getting another shot at Detroit is just to hard not to talk about.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2009 at 11:43 »

I know we have to take care of business against Carolina first, but getting another shot at Detroit is just to hard not to talk about.

Me too, man, me too.  I watched the third period yesterday in hopes that one of the many runs the Hawks were taking at Hossa would actually connect.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2009 at 16:49 »

Even though I have a ticket to game 5, I want to embarass these fuckers on their home ice and just end it with a sweep.

Ditto, here. Of course, my buddy just landed us tickets for fifty bucks for game 4, and we live in Raleigh, NC.

yeh headbang clap
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009 at 16:52 by LambertsFrontTeeth » Logged

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2009 at 20:59 »

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2009 at 21:43 »

The way Fedontenko, Guerin, Satan, and the checking line are playing

See if Guerin wants to come back at a respectable cost and get Fedotenko back here.  Satan can go back to Slovakia for all I care.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2009 at 07:09 »

Wow, way to go Pens! Considering where we were at the beginning of February, it is truly amazing we are standing on the threshold of the Stanley Cup Finals. Thanks to the leadership of Dan Bylsma, the resolve of Crosby and Malkin, the infusion of Guerin and Kunitz and a total team effort, we have a shot at redemption.

yeh  clap  applause  blob9  dancing  icon_salut

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009 at 07:29 »

It was pretty much a clean series for the most part.  No major injuries, no trash talk through the media, no fights.

There was really only one person who made a complete ass out of himself in this series and it was this guy...

Bill Cowher sounds siren Canes @ Pens Game 4 ECF
  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009 at 07:37 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2009 at 09:19 »

Wow, way to go Pens! Considering where we were at the beginning of February, it is truly amazing we are standing on the threshold of the Stanley Cup Finals. Thanks to the leadership of Dan Bylsma, the resolve of Crosby and Malkin, the infusion of Guerin and Kunitz and a total team effort, we have a shot at redemption.

A shot, yes, but the Wings still scare the piss out of me. The Canes offense became so one dimentional, that it almost felt as though our guys started to relax. Detroit isn't gonna try that circling stuff, they're gonna park big asses in front of the net and fire away. Fuckers. God, I hate them.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2009 at 10:13 »

A shot, yes, but the Wings still scare the piss out of me. The Canes offense became so one dimentional, that it almost felt as though our guys started to relax. Detroit isn't gonna try that circling stuff, they're gonna park big asses in front of the net and fire away. Fuckers. God, I hate them.

A shot is all you can ask for. You gotta make it to the finals to get a chance to win it all and we are right where we want to be. Detroit is, by all means, the elite of the NHL but the Pens are much more prepared to face them this year. We are more of a puck possession team, Sid has discovered his scoring by crashing the net and most importantly, Malkin is healthy and on a mission. As long as Fluery dosn't trip and fall on his face on his way to the ice, that is. IMO the Wings still have the same goaltender whose resume is more a product of the team in front of him rather than his own ability. And my last point, we have younger legs. "Why? Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen" - Herb Brooks

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2009 at 10:33 »

I've gone from hoping that Chicago miraculously takes that series to seven games to hoping Detroit closes it out tonight for a few reasons.

One, we're pretty damn hot right now, and I'd rather not have to sit for a week and a half. Two, Detroit is a little banged up, with Lindstrom and Datsyuk missing some time for various injuries. While I'd expect them both to be on the ice for game one, getting to this team when they are not 100 % is a great advantage. And third, of course, because I am an impatient bastard who wants the finals to start Saturday.

Let's fucking go.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: