Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 17:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silverback to skip White House visit ... again  (Read 3297 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009 at 07:23 »

Are we getting to the point where we can fill in James Harrison's name when we use a Chuck Norris reference...

If you have five dollars and James Harrison has five dollars, James Harrison has more money than you. 
There is no 'ctrl' button on James Harrison's computer. James Harrison is always in control. 
Apple pays James Harrison 99 cents every time he listens to a song. 
James Harrison can sneeze with his eyes open. 
James Harrison can eat just one Lay's potato chip. 
James Harrison is suing Myspace for taking the name of what he calls everything around you. 
James Harrison destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise. 
James Harrison can kill two stones with one bird. 

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009 at 08:46 »

I'm on board with that. Chuck Norris is sooo yesterday.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009 at 14:40 »

Dude is definitely his own man.  And there is nothing wrong with that.

However, if the Steelers need some way to fill in for him in his absence, I'd be happy to take that position at O's house!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009 at 18:54 »

Is anyone able to decipher what his statement means?

"If you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don't win the Super Bowl. As far as I'm concerned, he would have invited Arizona if they had won.''

WTF?

Does he not understand that championship teams get White House invites?  Of course, I'm not going to be the guy to question him (see avatar).

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009 at 07:51 »

He is saying that when you win, everyone wants a piece.  If you (Obama/the President) are really interested in meeting the Steelers, it would be a genuine invitation if you invited us when we haven't won the SB.

I think that is what he meant.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009 at 10:15 »

He makes twenty times The President's salary per year. Why the hell should he be honored? The Prez should be so lucky as to get an invite from James.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009 at 13:48 »

This just in...

Fear of flying why Steelers' Harrison will skip White House visit
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Steelers linebacker James Harrison gave little reason for not wanting to join his teammates for their visit to the White House Thursday.

A well-placed source, however, later revealed the real reason for Harrison's reluctance to make the trip: He has a fear of flying and is a "wreck" whenever he must take team flights.

"Let me ask you a question," Harrison asked reporters who greeted him coming off the practice field today. "Why is it a big issue now that I'm not going if it wasn't a big issue the last time?"

Harrison, a backup linebacker for the Steelers when they won Super Bowl XL, did not join his teammates four years ago when they visited the White House of President George Bush.

However, his profile changed in four years. He was the NFL defensive player of the year and his 100-yard touchdown with an interception in Super Bowl XLIII was the longest play in Super Bowl history.

"Hey, James ain't changed," Harrison responded. "I guess my profile did but I didn't change. I'm not going because I don't want to go."

He added, seemingly in a joking manner, that the White House is not in the safest area of Washington, D.C.

"It's not a good neighborhood over there either," Harrison said. "It's a bad neighborhood."

Harrison said he was surprised at the reaction to his declining an offer to visit the White House.

"They're making a big deal out of this: 'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'"

He said he will remain in Pittsburgh Thursday to "work out, run, get ready."

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009 at 14:41 »

Yes, Big Virgil is not going to the White House either.  BV has may other things to do and he doesn't think it's a big deal.

I love speaking in 3rd person.  I should start doing that at work.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009 at 14:48 »

I love speaking in 3rd person.  I should start doing that at work.

And refer to yourself as Big Virgil.

Big Virgil's bike is worth more than your car!

Big Virgil isn't suffering from a rectal prolapse, he just wears his padded bike shorts 24/7.

Big Virgil thinks it time for your pet to be with Jesus.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009 at 15:15 »

'Oh, my, Big Virgil is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: