Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 02, 2014 at 12:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Lazy Guy's occasional updates in the NFL  (Read 1699 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: May 18, 2009 at 11:36 »

Let's face it, ain't nothin' going on in the NFL right now.  Once the NBA and NHL playoffs end, the bitter reality that there's still nothing happening in the NFL will settle in.  Oh sure, there's a summer's worth of steroids ball to endure, the incessant bullshit drone of politics, and the usual scary crap on the news with -- pick your poison -- swine flu, the world submerging as the icecaps melt, this year's tsunami, some new al Qaeda thing, or Dick Cheney speaking.  But it won't matter, because very soon the mercury will settle in at 99F for eighteen straight weeks, your brain will coddle and become something like par-baked meatloaf, and stories of training camp will begin to send flickers of current through your slumbrous consciousness like DC current through Frankenstein's monster.  You'll be alive with hopes that some undrafted kid will be the next Willie Parker, only to find out by fall that he's actually the next Zamir motherfuckingdiarrhea bastard Cobb.  Minor dramas will unfold pertaining to contracts and renewals, to rookie signings, and to various dings and tweaks.  The preseason will be so close you can smell it, which means the regular season and, by God, the glorious playoffs are sure to follow in short order.

But for now, there really ain't shit going on.  So kick back, enjoy Dick Cheney skullfucking us with the irony that Obama's the one fucking this country up, keep alive the flickers of hope that this damned swine flu will mutate into something interesting (maybe, like, that book on fighting an army of zombies could be around the corner?), and settle for the Lazy Guy's occasional dispatches on what's happening in the NFL.  I am the Lazy Guy.  I have no specialized resources, and no tenacious skill in sifting through bazillions of Internet stories for some undiscovered kernel of interest.  I'm just too fucking lazy to do that, sorry.  My torpor and lethargy are really the whole thing you can relate to here, because, face it, you're too fucking lazy to really scour for NFL stories, too.

Brett Favre may or may not sign with the Vikings

Apparently, it could go either way.  The thing that upsets Brett is that this story has died off somewhat, despite everyone from Brett, to his agent Bus Cook, to the Vikings owner Qxyr Milf contradicting each other at every turn.  The Vikings' owner is actualy Zygi Wilf, but any randomized combination of Scrabble tiles will work. 

There's some talk that this may come down to whether Brett's shoulder has healed, and x-rays being scoured over and stuff.  But that's all bullshit.  What it comes down to is whether Brett can saunter into camp whenever the fuck he feels like it and have the starting job handed to him, because the only thing worse than fucking up your legacy is fucking up your legacy, sweating your balls off through every OTA and boring ass meeting, for which Brett has no fucking patience, as his brain hurts already, and then losing the job to Sage fucking Rosenfels.  The guy who staked the Houston Texans to a 10 touchdown lead over the Colts, and then single-handedly turned the ball over to them 11 times in 2 minutes, allowing Harold Horseface to not only win but get the now-overrated Colts into the playoffs. 

I really like the Vikings' strategy in assembling quarterbacks.  Ever since Culpepper was tossing the rock to Moss and Carter, the Vikes have adopted the QB strategy of their former OC, "Brain" Billick, which is to say, just get whatever cupstacker happens to amble past to play under center.  Tarvaris "More than a Woman" Jackson, Sage Rosenfels, and now Brett, who it should be noted is almost as old as I am.  Brett's filling out his NFL and AARP paperwork at the same time.  What a fucking jackass. 

Plaxico Burress has not shot off his testicles... yet

But he will.  Here's another fucking jackass who's just stupid enough to go out dancing with another loaded gun in his Hammer pants, only this time the gun swings a few degrees and lops off half his procreative potential.  The Steelers refused to overpay Plax, which meant he had to go out and work for it with the Giants, who then gave him a fat, new deal that promptly turned the Plax who worked for it into the spoiled, dumbass Plax who would rather sit at home and cry about Momma while he's eating his Ruth's Chris key lime pie, and then go out dancing with loaded guns, dozens of them, jammed in his draws. 

Oh, and some teams are thinking about signing him.  Jets.  Bears.  Possibly others.  If Plaxico does not go to jail, NFL Commissioner Rudyard Goodhell may suspend Plaxico for a number of games based upon a complex but secret formula that only Rog hisself is privvy to.  Plaxico better hope Roger gets some that morning, and has a box of Krispy Kremes waiting for him when he arrives at the office.  And of course, even if the courts are lenient (they will be) and Goody decides to impose a light sentence (he won't), we can count on Plax to shoot a nut off and start crying about how his dead Momma needs more grandkids, and something about the sound of one nut slapping.

Speaking of reprobates...

Michael Vick deserves another chance.  Really.  He does.  Because it's the charitable and God-fearing thing to allow a guy who tortures dogs for fun to express his heartfelt contrition -- by which I mean reading some scripted BS -- so that he can earn money to pay off creditors, buy some better ganja than the shit he scored in the house, and get him some stupid pussy that ain't never heard of Ron Mexico. 

Despite the fact that any team that signs Vick would wind up like one of those giant-headed Chernobyl babies, this "news" story keeps bobbing up thanks to Tony Dungy holding hands with Vick in prison and various sportswriters crying and wailing over the injustice of Vick being blackballed just because he's only gotten through the first three stages of the 12-stage serial killer in training program.  You know what, Mike?  Once you're out of the game, there's plenty of fresh meat to replace you, to use a dog-fighting analogy. 

Salary cap goes to $128 million

That's an increase of $1 million from the previously announced amount, and that now allows the Steelers to voluntarily over-pay the guaranteed franchise tender amount being paid to Max Starks, because the front office's strategy these past two years has been to pay this one guy as much as we can shovel his way.  Hey, we won the Super Bowl, right?  More money Max's way!

The fact is, this won't change anything for us, except to give us "breathing room."  This is a rather accurate description of the situation, as Omar Khan has been hiding in his coat closet, hyperventilating into a brown paper bag, and now he can saunter down to the men's latrine and hyperventilate into his bag of calmness there.  It would be really cool if someone smart like Omar could explain the seeming folly of the Starks deals, and intracacies of the cap whereby teams can spend more than the cap allows due to differences in accounting methodologies in the cap and in cash.  See, I just wrote that out and had to wake myself from a sudden narcoleptic fit.  But apparently, it's like this.  Your wife tells you there's only $116 left in checking, so when you go to buy beer, don't throw in the expensive cigars too.  Except that you do, and you spend $150, because of overdraft protection, which makes it OK.  You really didn't overspend, except that you did. 

And this is why Omar Khan spends his days sucking rogue crumbs from his tuna sandwiches deep into his lungs.

Chad Johnson to file for new name next year

Since Chad filled out the paperwork incorrectly, the NFL was bound to use exactly what he had on the form.

A little miffed by this, Johnson, or Ochocinco if you prefer, has already fired off his new name for next year's uni.  Be prepared for 85's nameplate to read Ocho Cinco, you dumbasses.

Shit you just cannot make up

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009 at 12:57 »

Great stuff finny.  Crank out one of those every day and you'd have a widely read and wildly successful blog.  Not that I'd personally know anything about widely read or wildly successful blogs.

So, mind if I put that on the MGS Blog?  With attribution, of course.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009 at 13:28 »

Great stuff finny.  Crank out one of those every day and you'd have a widely read and wildly successful blog.  Not that I'd personally know anything about widely read or wildly successful blogs.

So, mind if I put that on the MGS Blog?  With attribution, of course.

I'm too lazy to give a shit whether you appropriate it for the blog...

Daily updates?  I don't think you get the premise, jonzr.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009 at 13:54 »

Well, you only have to suggest that it'll eventually be daily or just make the claim that, yeah, it's daily.  Sorta like the Daily Show.  That effing thing ain't on every day and sometimes they're reruns.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009 at 13:22 »

You can make it daily.  Just post the same thing every day, because you're too fucking lazy to change it.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009 at 15:26 »

You can make it daily.  Just post the same thing every day, because you're too fucking lazy to change it.

Good idea...

Wait, I gotta scratch myself.  Maybe later.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009 at 21:01 »

Good idea...

Wait, I gotta scratch myself.  Maybe later.

The itch will wait.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jun 12, 2009 at 12:23 »

News from Steelers OTAs

The Steelers have wrapped up OTAs, which means that until the end of July, Casey Hampton will be ordering double cheese and pepperoni pizza for breakfast, Troy Polamalu will be doing astral projection exercises, Lonesome Dick LeBeau will strum a six-string as a respite from drawing up new defensive plays, and James Harrison will not be doing nothin' he don't damned well feel like doin', dammit.  This year's OTAs featured some noteworthy nuggets, in case you missed them.  

Steelers fans everywhere breathed a collective sigh of relief as reports that Ben had injured his knee were updated, and the injury seems to be nothing more than what medical doctors call an "ouchy ouchy boo-boo."  Ben is perhaps one of the toughest guys in the NFL, having played an entire season with his skull kept in place with staples and duct tape, and even during last year's Super Bowl run he played with ribs protruding from the skin, a shoulder separation that made the Whitney-Bobby Brown split look painless, and phalanges that on a weekly basis were shaken like an old mercury thermometer.  And yet Ben is also one of the pansiest assed players, as many in the media will tell you, and the knee-bump was just the latest example of this.  After bumping knees with Willie Parker, Ben threw some errant passes, whimpered a bit, cried for his "binky," and sat on the bench with his sippy cup sniffling.  Later, Coach Tomlin took him for soft ice cream and all was well.

Ben, tough guy...

The media have been particularly focused on second-year receiver Limas Sweed in the wake of losing Nate Washington to free agency.  Sweed showed flashes of talent last year, being able to stretch the field like it was Silly Putty and then being able to drop passes like they were flaming logs of dog doo.  This year, he's been working hard to put it all together.  When asked if Sweed has been working hard, veteran receiver and future Hall of Famer Hines Ward said, "Yeah."  And when asked if he still has work to do, Ward replied, "Yeah."  In an astounding change from his performance last year, reporters have written that Sweed was making some great catches, and dropping other very catchable balls.  This clearly means that Sweed has no shot at being the Steelers' third receiver.  Either that, or he has a very good chance.  The competition is over, which is why Shaun MacDonald was brought in.  Or, possibly, no position battles are won in shorts, and Sweed may yet win the job.  The Lazy Guy's analysis is this:  Sweed is gonna surprise some people this year, for better or for worse.

Speaking of wide receivers, rookie speedster Mike Wallace claims he is faster than Ike Taylor, Willie Parker, Troy Polamalu, and Casey Hampton.  Wallace is busy in his role as possible kickoff return man, and trying to learn the complexities of NFL route-running.  It will be difficult for Wallace to bring the ball out better than Gary Russell did last year, as Russell revolutionized the job as one where the returner allowed the ball to slip through his hands in a clever ploy to confuse coverage units, and turned it into one where the return man actually caught the ball and avanced it several inches in a forward direction.  As a receiver, Wallace will have to adjust to learning more than one pattern.  At Ole Miss, his playbook consisted of two words: "run fast."

No one told Wallace that OTAs were not black tie; turns out Wallace is a wrinkly old white dude.

Finally, in a relief to Steelers fans, possession of marijuana charges were dropped against Santonio Holmes.  Holmes, the beloved MVP of Super Bowl XLIII, can return to favor with fans now, until his rookie contract expires after the 2010 season and he magnanimously decides to endeavor to assist a team more in need of his talents better their lot, for a lot of cash money.  At that time, Holmes will undergo the Plaxification Process of being another top wide receiver who bolts the fold and suddenly becomes a thug.  So enjoy him while he's still part of the Steeler family, rather than just another fungible entity.

Holmes celebratory after Super Bowl XLIII; Holmes in 2010.

The engima that is Brett Favre continues to keep us all spellbound

Rumors that Brett Favre would indeed join the Minnesota Vikings heated up as Favre had an operation that will allow him to drag out the inisipid media gongoozling of his every twitch of intention for the next month and a half.  Meanwhile, Favre, his agent Bus Cook, and Vikings head coach Brad Childress helped clarify the unfolding situation with some definite indications of how this will all play out.  Favre said that he has never spoken with Childress about joining the Vikings, doesn't know where the rumor got started, and claims to have never even heard of the Vikings.  "Now if you'll excuse me, Deanna and I have a lot of packing to do... for... our vacation in, uh... Delaware..."  Meanwhile, Childress gave Favre a firm deadline of the end of the week to make a decision, but then explained that he meant "we're temporarily suspending our pursuit of Favre, if indeed we even know who Favre is."  Childress then said that the extent of his knowledge of Favre was that he "had watched some film on the guy" in Something About Mary.  "It's ridiculous to think I would know who Favre is, much less be actively trying to bring him in here.  I mean, there are dozens and dozens of NFL guys, who can keep track?  Besides, we're really happy with Travis Jackson [sic] and Sage Peppermints [sic]."  

Favre's agent, Bus Cook, claimed that he was actually Beano Cook, and reporters should quit asking him about Favre.  "Believe me, if I were Bus Cook, and I even knew Brett Favre, and there was some sort of behind the scenes deal that everyone pretty much knew about -- which there isn't -- I would tell you guys in a minute."

One person who did claim to know who Favre was happened to be random man on the street Ted Murphy, a lifelong Packers fan.  "Course I know who Favre is.  All I can say is, he's turned into a real fucking tool."

Mrs. Childress is worried that Brad may be running the team with too much discipline.

Random Vikings fan Ted Murphy.  It took some sleuthing to figure out his allegiance.

Rex Ryan takes after his dad

Head Coach of the New York Jets wasted no time putting his imprint on the team when he proclaimed to the press: "I feel like punching the fuck out of Kevin Gilbride's face, but since I need to do things my own way, I wouldn't mind beating the crap out of Stockard Channing."  When Ryan was told who Channing was, he laughed obligingly and said, "my bad, I meant Carol Channing."  Ryan finally figured out that he meant Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder.  Crowder replied, "let the fat boy step to me, dog, he'll be down before he knows what hit him."  Ryan chuckled when told of this, saying: "I shit bigger'n that kid on my way to a real fight.  In fact, my wife's Uncle Frank came over for Sunday dinner the other week and 'FWOOP,' he just disappears.  Turns out he got sucked into my greasy maw like a goose into a jet engine, and a week later I'm about to get into a fight at the local bar when holy crap, out comes Uncle Frank and clogs the bar terlit."  Asked what the nature of the quarrel between himself and Channing Crowder was, Ryan replied "who?"

Girls just wanna have fun

All seems well again between receiver Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson and his quarterback Carson "Daly" Palmer.  "Yeah, we all Brokeback Mountain and whatnot now," Ocho giggled.  When told that Brokeback Mountain was about two gay cowboys, Ocho affirmed, "yeah, we totally gay."  A reporter asked whether he meant "gay" in a fun, slangy sense that had nothing to do with homosexuality, Ocho frowned.  "We put our dicks in each other on a regular basis.  That clear enough for you?"

Palmer was attending his annual Cornhole Tournament and could not be reached for comment.

The flamboyant (now it all makes sense!) receiver later was asked whether his facial tattoos were real, a la Mike Tyson.  "Girlfriend, no!  If I did that my grandmomma would slap the tar out me!  And Granny slap hard!"  Ocho showed reporters that the tattoos were actually stickers, of rainbows and unicorns.   "She already mad that Carson and me havin' the sex."

Falcons release Michael Vick

This story is pretty new, so the Lazy Guy really has no details on what would drive the Falcons to release quarterback Mike Vick.  It all seems out of the blue, but we'll all probably know more as we head into the dog days of summer.

Omar Khan to be released by President Obama

Omar Khan, who was taken into custody by the George W. Bush administration under the Military Commission Act of 2006, and later sent to Guantanimo detainee facility, has been told by his lawyers that President Obama plans to send him to a remote Pacific Island, once he can find another island besides Palau that will accept a few hundred million dollars to repatriate Gitmo detainees.  Khan, who was picked up on suspicion of terrorism "for having a ferrin soundin' name," according to a former Bush aide who wished to remain anonymous (we can rule out Dick Cheney), has been unable to work on the Max Starks contract or any rookie signings.  "We also need to sign James Harrison to an extension," he bemoaned, thinking of all the lost negotation time.  When told that his underlings had finalized that deal in his absence, Khan replied: "Oh good, how much... twenty million?  Twenty five?"

Ryan Leaf to turn himself in

Ryan Leaf, who has a warrant out for his arrest following failure to turn himself in on drug charges, has contacted authorities and will now turn himself in voluntarily, although the exchange by phone with the sheriff's department was far from smooth.  When asked when he planned to appear, Leaf screamed: "Just fucking don't talk to me, all right! Knock it off!"

Leaf has been undergoing substance abuse therapy somewhere in Lapland, from famous doctor NJord Nuudlestand.  Leaf had been trying to deal with painkiller addiction and ongoing anger issues while coaching a pony football league, but apparently had a meltdown while trying to steal Vicodin from one of the players' mom's purses.  "Why the fuck do you fucking football moms have to hide your fucking dope so fucking... fuck... where the fuck... "

Leaf, a former Heisman finalist and the second overall pick in the 1998 draft, was in the running for Fuckup of the Decade, but even fucked that up, losing to President Bush.  "Never misunderestimate the power of my strategery," Bush snickered.  "Fuck you, you got that?  Fuck you!" snarled Leaf as Bush accepted the award.

Famous doctor of some sort NJord Nuudlestand.
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2009 at 12:35 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Aug 05, 2009 at 14:46 »

A couple of months have gone by, and what's really changed?  Scanning over the news stories from the past 60 days, the entire world stopped on its axis when Michael fucking Jackson croaked.  Seriously, Obama has turned this country into the United States of Marxism, the economy is like a clogged airport shitter where the bowel rafts and paper are floating right up at the rim in some fetid murk (so, is it merkin?), a new Harry Twatter movie came out, and all the press can talk about is Jackson.  Fuck, I'm clicking around the channels last night and Larry King, who by all accounts did himself die at least 10 years ago, has on Jackson's manager and some other douchebag, I kid you fucking not, and this is how long after the addled diddler finally rang up some dead pool points?  And I'm in a state of disbelief, because I swear they're moving King with strings but they have somebody doing his voice perfectly, and because his manager is continuing the post-mortem propaganda that Jackson never did any shit with kids.  He knows this because...  he slept in Jackson's bed with the kids?  Our media and our society, much like that airport clogger, is just shit a-swirlin'.

But at least Otis called dibs on Jackson's nose.

Now in a box in Otis's porno room...

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

That the media is fucked up should be evident to anyone with two ragged brain cells to scrape together.  The Michael Jackson frenzy is one example, but the Brett Favre brouhaha is almost as disturbing.  Other, more relevant stories cry out for coverage, and the talking heads are going after Favre like coked up laboratory monkeys masturbating.  Remember that Brady Bunch episode when Jan, the lesbian middle daughter, has her twat in a twirl because hot oldest daughter Marcia gets all the attention?  Well holy Eve's ignored Plum, there were other stories to report on besides Brett Favre.

I mean, God bless Favre.  Great QB in his day, all due respect, but he stopped being relevant... probably about the time he had that great game when his daddy died.  Seriously, he's been a fucking playoff embarassment since before Ben even hit the league, and what did he accomplish after Holmgren left?  The gunslinger made plenty of great plays, plenty of shitty plays, and racked up a ton of numbers.  But guess what, he still has one fewer ring than Ben, and I'm looking at his stats and he's the only QB to have beaten 31 other teams, and the only other guys to do that are Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.  Well, you chimps, Ben has beaten 30 and will likely tie you both this year (Raiders).  Not only that, but after Ben's rookie year, Favre threw 88 TDs to 84 INTs, with an average passer rating per year of 80.08, while Ben threw 84 TDs to 58 INTs for a passer rating of 89.55.  Ben and Brett are both guys who can make exciting plays happen, magical plays, plays you think can't be topped until the next time they come out and top them.  But unlike Ye God Favre, Ben doesn't shit the bed in the playoffs.

Favre is five years younger than me.  I'm wearing black socks and sandals, and I forget important things like It's your anniversary! and It's your wife's birthday! and It's Christmas! and Take the pants off before you shit!  I can't remember where I left the AARP paperwork, and if I eat dinner after 4:30 I get gassy.  My point is, what...  what... Oh, fuck me I can't remember.

Just shut the fuck up.  Seriously.

Look, even if Favre did un-retire and go to the Vikings, they win maybe one or two more games and still lose in the playoffs and then the whole Brett Favre retiring saga would start over.  But don't worry, he'll change his mind mid-season when the Vikings are third in their division and coach Brad Childress sees the guy with the hook at the edge of the curtain.  Then we get to do the whole mess over again.  Someone check on Madden, I think he's locked himself in the bathroom with some prescription pills and a bottle of Smirnoff.

Oh, well, here is the point.

One of the other stories crying for attention was the passing of Jim Johnson.  The same day the news that nothing was changing with respect to Favre broke -- the non-news that was news -- Johnson lost his 7-month battle with cancer.  Johnson, like fellow defensive coordinators Dick LeBeau and Monte Kiffin, deserves much of the praise for the success of his organization under his tenure.  Second in sacks, fourth in points allowed, blitzing like mad, Johnson unleashed hell on earth for poor Ben last fall when he was sacked six times in one game.  You could argue that McNabb and Reid choked away playoff opportunities that Johnson provided them.  The Eagles certainly would not have been one of the top NFL teams of the past decade without him, and he had a storied career that included stops at Notre Dame, the Arizona Cardinals, the Indianapolis Colts, and the Seattle Seahawks.  

God forbid Dick LeBeau dies and ESPN doesn't carry the story for shit because, oh I dunno, Kurt Warner can't decide whether to un-retire for the second time.  The whole thing was just another stellar example of how ESPN loses the stories that really matter in favor of knobbing the stars.  They've moved on to new obsessions -- whether Plaxico Burress will go to jail for one year or two, and whether an NFL team will sign Mike Vick or whether he will go to the USFL -- but they missed the memo: these stories are largely irrelevant.

Plaxico Burress has never been a dominant receiver, not as a Steeler, and not as a Giant.  After he left, Ben won a Super Bowl, and Eli turned to warm oatmeal, but that's a whole other story.  He's been a good player, a big target, but not a great player, and not exactly a team kinda guy with an exemplary work ethic.  Since Plax's rookie year, he's played 116 games, averaged 946.5 yards and 6.88 TDs per season.  Over that same time period, Hines Ward -- not the "big target," not the "receiver defenses fear" -- played 122 games, averaged 1028.0 yards and 7.63 TDs per year.  That doesn't account for lead-blocking, intangibles like leadership, or anything else that makes Hines Hines.  But it does look like the Steelers kept the right receiver.

Plax will be 32 next week (Happy birthday, and enjoy some key lime pie!), and by the time his prison stint is over, he'll be 33 or 34 and out of football for a year and a half, two and half years.  Sorry, but wide receivers are pretty replaceable, especially with younger, faster, hungrier, and harder working players.  Ton of 'em roll into the league every year.  Your time in the NFL goes quickly.  Plax is done in the NFL.  Done.  Done done done.  He is no more.  

Michael Vick is even more done.  Here's a guy with phenomenal talent at the collegiate level, who just has been spun beyond all recognition.  His career was basically one of dumpoff passes to Alge Crumpler, and running the ball.  Take that away and picture the Mike Vick highlight reel.  He's a career 53.8% completion percentage passer, with no year from 2001-06 over 56.4%.  That's plain fugly.  75.7 career passer rating.  Oh, and also?  It's 2009.  So, the guy never clicked as a passing quarterback, never adept at reading defenses or really developing as anything more than a guy who could scramble.  So spending time in jail and getting out of shape, that should all add up to a guy who can contribute to any team in the NFL?  First of all, he'll spend his suspension just getting back to football shape, but even then, whose playbook is he going to be able to digest?  The last thing this guy read was the words "Zig-Zag" on a package of rolling papers.  The Miami Dolphins have one season of success running the Wildcat offense (until they were humiliated by the Ravens, with an actual defense, in the playoffs), ergo Mike Vick is a guy whose personal issues pale next to god-like talent.  

Wow, so very worth all the media adulation.  

Ben Roethlisberger, Bargain Basement QB

Eli feels like he's won the Miss America contest!

Quote from: Pro Football Weekly
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2009 at 15:04 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 07:31 »

Lazy fuck. 

Almost time to get the real heavy hitting stuff.  First Take, 10 AM Eastern.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: