Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 30, 2014 at 14:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is there a greater than zero chance the Steelers would even consider Vick?
No - 22 (100%)
Yes - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: Vick to the Steelers  (Read 1444 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: May 21, 2009 at 12:14 »

James Harrison of the AFCN Blog thinks so.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009 at 15:07 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009 at 12:25 »

Great fit for the Bengals, IMO.  He'd get along great with Chris Henry, lol.

Seriously, I could see it happening and them implementing some sort of wildcat.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009 at 12:27 »

There was an article on espn yesterday where Mortenson had the Steelers, Cardinals, Browns and some other teams interested. I'd imagine this was a report leaked by his agent to make it look like the two most successful teams last season as well as a family run organization were interested.

Walker is pretty good and usually unbiased (given the fact that he used to cover the Ravens exclusively, I think), but there is no well in hell the Steelers sign Mike Vick, Ron Mexico, or inmate # 345678.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009 at 13:54 »

Hell YES, sign him, and sign him NOW!

Tony Dungy's caressed his balls and whispered the name of the Lord into his ear, so we know Vick's a new man, hallelujah.  Humbled.  Chastened.  Sincere.

Even though he's not a fit with our offense, when you have an athlete of Vick's cancre, errrr, caliber, you find a way to fit him in, just like Ronnie Mexico slips it in without mentioning the nasty news.  Imagine Kordell, but with far, far better sweaters.  Have you ever seen the Vick line?  I mean the line of sweaters, dudes.  Fashion is important, especially for the Steelers.  The Chairman was a clothes-horse, the Ambassador is a clothes-horse, and Junior spends more time in haberdashery shops than he does watching scouting film, that's for sure.  Let other teams worry about outdated and outmoded concepts such as "character" and "risk" and "fan toxicity" and "fuck no this guy is not Steeler caliber in any way shape or form."  Those quaint notions never helped us forge a team identity, as if such a thing meant squat.  Hell, if it did, we'd've won a Super Bowl or six.  Bah, I say.  BAH.

Moreover, while other QBs-slash-inmates might come out of the hoosegow a step slow, behind in physical conditioning and mental acuity, something in my gut tells me Vick isn't like that.  He's been nothing if not the model of industry, whether it be sneaking ganja through airports, pickpocketing people's watches, or overseeing a vast extermination operation for pooches (and makin' money from it, no less)!

Are you telling me you'd rather have that old dustfart Charlie Batch?  Batch, instead of Vick?  Michael Vick can run for a hundred yards, and throw to his tight end!  Michael Vick has ten thousand hundert million times the arm strength of Charlie Batch!  Michael Vick can mentor young Dennis Dixon far better than Charlie Batch, if Vick is the third QB and the Steelers hire Batch as an assistant QB coach!  Mike Vick has brung himself up from nothing to the heights of glory, back to nothing... you see where this is going... what's next, kids?...  next stop, HEIGHTS OF GLORY AGAIN!  It's as predictable as the tides, as constant as a sine wave, as sure a bet as Bear Stearns stock.

Look, sometimes you have to have the vision to do the smart thing, the thing that's not garnering popular support.  You have to go left when everyone else goes right.  You have to leave the room suddenly at the best part in the movie without telling anyone you farted.  You have to roll the dice, and if one of the dice gets eaten by the dog, you have to call up Mike Vick to open the dog up with a knife so you can re-roll and determine whether Vick, for example, is the guy you want.  Why?  Because Mike Vick is not afraid to cut open a dog.  Oh, and why is Mike Vick the guy you want to add to a team that doesn't need a high-risk dude, but rather a smooth continuous system of upgrades from within, also known as the Steeler Way?

I'll tell you why.  Hey, what the fuck is that?  Over there?  [*Pointing*]

[*Runs out of room, leaving behind a fart smelling of putrid death and chili dogs.  Dogs.  Get it?*]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009 at 14:03 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009 at 14:02 »

Vick to the Steelers

God no.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009 at 21:44 »

Hell YES, sign him, and sign him NOW!

Tony Dungy's caressed his balls and whispered the name of the Lord into his ear, so we know Vick's a new man, hallelujah.  Humbled.  Chastened.  Sincere.

Even though he's not a fit with our offense, when you have an athlete of Vick's cancre, errrr, caliber, you find a way to fit him in, just like Ronnie Mexico slips it in without mentioning the nasty news.  Imagine Kordell, but with far, far better sweaters.  Have you ever seen the Vick line?  I mean the line of sweaters, dudes.  Fashion is important, especially for the Steelers.  The Chairman was a clothes-horse, the Ambassador is a clothes-horse, and Junior spends more time in haberdashery shops than he does watching scouting film, that's for sure.  Let other teams worry about outdated and outmoded concepts such as "character" and "risk" and "fan toxicity" and "fuck no this guy is not Steeler caliber in any way shape or form."  Those quaint notions never helped us forge a team identity, as if such a thing meant squat.  Hell, if it did, we'd've won a Super Bowl or six.  Bah, I say.  BAH.

Moreover, while other QBs-slash-inmates might come out of the hoosegow a step slow, behind in physical conditioning and mental acuity, something in my gut tells me Vick isn't like that.  He's been nothing if not the model of industry, whether it be sneaking ganja through airports, pickpocketing people's watches, or overseeing a vast extermination operation for pooches (and makin' money from it, no less)!

Are you telling me you'd rather have that old dustfart Charlie Batch?  Batch, instead of Vick?  Michael Vick can run for a hundred yards, and throw to his tight end!  Michael Vick has ten thousand hundert million times the arm strength of Charlie Batch!  Michael Vick can mentor young Dennis Dixon far better than Charlie Batch, if Vick is the third QB and the Steelers hire Batch as an assistant QB coach!  Mike Vick has brung himself up from nothing to the heights of glory, back to nothing... you see where this is going... what's next, kids?...  next stop, HEIGHTS OF GLORY AGAIN!  It's as predictable as the tides, as constant as a sine wave, as sure a bet as Bear Stearns stock.

Look, sometimes you have to have the vision to do the smart thing, the thing that's not garnering popular support.  You have to go left when everyone else goes right.  You have to leave the room suddenly at the best part in the movie without telling anyone you farted.  You have to roll the dice, and if one of the dice gets eaten by the dog, you have to call up Mike Vick to open the dog up with a knife so you can re-roll and determine whether Vick, for example, is the guy you want.  Why?  Because Mike Vick is not afraid to cut open a dog.  Oh, and why is Mike Vick the guy you want to add to a team that doesn't need a high-risk dude, but rather a smooth continuous system of upgrades from within, also known as the Steeler Way?

I'll tell you why.  Hey, what the fuck is that?  Over there?  [*Pointing*]

[*Runs out of room, leaving behind a fart smelling of putrid death and chili dogs.  Dogs.  Get it?*]

clap

Wondermous!

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009 at 06:30 »

He should go to the Ratbirds, then maybe Ray Ray can show him how to be a good citizen :eyeroll: following a serious crime.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009 at 06:41 »

I'd like to see the Steelers sign him, just to see Brinker's reaction.
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009 at 08:00 »

He should go to the Ratbirds, then maybe Ray Ray can show him how to be a good citizen :eyeroll: following a serious crime.

Just what the Steelers need, another thug from the Hampton Roads area. At least we got rid of Plax before his bone-head gun action!

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009 at 10:02 »

I'd like to see the Steelers sign him, just to see Brinker's reaction.

How long before BV orders a Ron Mexico jersey?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: