Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 03:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roenick  (Read 765 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Mar 25, 2009 at 10:01 »

Just another one in the long line of players who's jealousy has come out this year.  Apparently Crosby's interviews are not good enough for Roenick, who has a history of opening his mouth and inserting his foot.  I guess he want's Sid to become the NHL's version of Chad Johnson or T.O.?

"He's too quiet, too hum-drum, too cliched"<So, while his detractors rant and rave about his personality, Crosby will continue to focus on his on-ice tasks and ignore his post-game interview techniques and post-goal celebrations.

And that is what really matters

Here's what I don't get about one of Roenick's many lame-ass rant's/complaint's....

There are not many hockey player's out there who give the greatest of interviews. Did you ever see a Marty St. Louis interview? Holy hell, talk about dull. At the end of the day though, I really do not care if Marty St. Louis give's a dull interview or does an interview with two green and orange painted midgets standing next to him while standing on his head.

So is Roenick going to jump on St. Louis next? How about the many other players in the league who give "hum-drum" and "cliched" interviews on a nightly basis? I doubt he will. IMO, this goes beyond Sid's personality and interview technique with Roenick. I believe there is more to it.

When all is said and done, I pay to watch Crosby's skill, not his personality or his interview technique's.

whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 11:13 »

Roenick is a twat. Love the articles though. The detractors can say all they want, but the fact remains that Sid is one badass hockey player. I get tired of this shit, and I get tired of the endless debate, "Who is better, Ovechkin, Sid, or Geno?"

Well since two out of three play for my favorite team, I could give two shits about who is the best. With Sid and Geno in the Steel City we are contenders for the next decade for so.

Did anyone catch Puck Daddy's latest mini-doc on Sid? It was ridiculous, they compared Sid to the Rock of the former WWF...Just plain fucking stupid.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 12:19 »

Roenick is a twat. Love the articles though. The detractors can say all they want, but the fact remains that Sid is one badass hockey player. I get tired of this shit, and I get tired of the endless debate, "Who is better, Ovechkin, Sid, or Geno?"

Well since two out of three play for my favorite team, I could give two shits about who is the best. With Sid and Geno in the Steel City we are contenders for the next decade for so.

When Ovechkin starts forechecking or comes close to leading the league in takeaways he can be mentioned in the same sentence with Sid and Geno. Ovechkin is a monster with the puck, but he doesn't do any of the little things that Sid and Geno do. Geno is a better skater in my opinion and Sid's a better playmaker. Ovechkin is better at taking 25 shots a game. I'd take Geno or Sid over him in a heartbeat and I may be in the minority when I say I'd take Geno over the other two. But that's a debate for another day.

Oh, and Roenick needs to retire and shut up.
whitmer_87

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 12:45 »

I gotta go with Sid. He's a lot stronger on his feet(when he's in the corner with the puck no one can knock him off it), better passer(best in the league, can't fault Malkin there really), and he didn't choke last year in the finals. Geno is amazing though. Can't go wrong either way, I just feel I've seen more outta Crosby so far.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 13:15 »

I gotta go with Sid. He's a lot stronger on his feet(when he's in the corner with the puck no one can knock him off it), better passer(best in the league, can't fault Malkin there really), and he didn't choke last year in the finals. Geno is amazing though. Can't go wrong either way, I just feel I've seen more outta Crosby so far.

I agree that you can't go wrong either way (and we have both  yeh ). I guess alot of my reasoning for prefering Malkin is based on potential, which is scary. I think he has the skill set to be the best player to put on skates since 66. If he focuses and develops where he's lacking, puts on some more muscle, he is going to be even more dominating than he already is.

Regarding the finals last year, reports came out afterwards that he was pretty sick with the flu the whole time and was basically playing at hal strength. I don't know if it was due to being sick or just lack of conditioning, but he looked much slower in the finals than he did in the regular season and in the other playoff series. Who knows if the reports were true though.
whitmer_87

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 13:21 »

and we have both  yeh

Exactly! It'll definitely be interesting to see how things turn out in the next 10 years. I just hope they both stay in Pittsburgh their whole career.

headbang

Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 14:08 »

Ever hear an Ovechkin interview? Sounds like a retard on crack. I'll take "hum-drum" and "cliched" over that any day.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2009 at 09:28 »

I think what many people seem to forget when it comes to Crosby is that he is still only 21 years old, yet I still feel he's the best all-around player in the game.  He plays both ends of the ice just as good if not better than any forward in the league, something Ovechkin never does.  He can play physical at times even though that shouldn't really be expected, he's one of the smartest players in the game and his puck control and ability to shield players from the puck is unreal.  Yet, where I feel he beats out the whole NHL is his set-up abilities.  When he actually has legitimate wingers on his flanks, he's unbelievable.  Some people either have very short memories or a lack of knowledge when it comes to this aspect of Sid's game, but that was hard to see this year when he had Dupuis, Kennedy and Satan playing on his wings.

I'm not taking anything away from Malkin.  He's a fantastic player and that's an understatement, but I give Crosby the edge when it comes to bringing the overall package to the table.  While I would definately take Malkin over Ovechkin, I feel Ovechkin is also a fantastic hockey player and if I'm looking for a guy who strictly brings goal scoring to the table, I would definately want him on my team.  If I'm looking to start up a successful hockey franchise, I'll take Crosby or Malkin to run the show.

I'm with you though, when it comes to Sid and Malkin, I really don't care who's better.  I'm just happy they are both on this roster, because it probably won't last forever.  I'm rooting for both to beat out Ovechkin in overall points and I really don't care if it's Sid or Malkin who ends up with more overall points.  Never did.  Just win us that third cup in the future.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2009 at 09:43 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
whitmer_87

« Reply #8 on: Mar 28, 2009 at 11:45 »

I think what many people seem to forget when it comes to Crosby is that he is still only 21 years old, yet I still feel he's the best all-around player in the game.  He plays both ends of the ice just as good if not better than any forward in the league, something Ovechkin never does.  He can play physical at times even though that shouldn't really be expected, he's one of the smartest players in the game and his puck control and ability to shield players from the puck is unreal.  Yet, where I feel he beats out the whole NHL is his set-up abilities.  When he actually has legitimate wingers on his flanks, he's unbelievable.  Some people either have very short memories or a lack of knowledge when it comes to this aspect of Sid's game, but that was hard to see this year when he had Dupuis, Kennedy and Satan playing on his wings.

I'm not taking anything away from Malkin.  He's a fantastic player and that's an understatement, but I give Crosby the edge when it comes to bringing the overall package to the table.  While I would definately take Malkin over Ovechkin, I feel Ovechkin is also a fantastic hockey player and if I'm looking for a guy who strictly brings goal scoring to the table, I would definately want him on my team.  If I'm looking to start up a successful hockey franchise, I'll take Crosby or Malkin to run the show.

I'm with you though, when it comes to Sid and Malkin, I really don't care who's better.  I'm just happy they are both on this roster, because it probably won't last forever.  I'm rooting for both to beat out Ovechkin in overall points and I really don't care if it's Sid or Malkin who ends up with more overall points.  Never did.  Just win us that third cup in the future.

iagree iagree iagree

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009 at 00:42 »

Now he's jumping on Mike Babcock...

So if Babcock has a bias towards American-born players, why is he playing Brian Rafalski? 

IMO, Babcock benching Chelios has nothing to do with some sort of American-bias, but because Chelios is starting to resemble Mickey Rooney on skates. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009 at 00:49 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: