Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 11:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stanley Cup Finals  (Read 7258 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009 at 17:26 »

This year, the overlap of realism and optimism is much larger.

Click it, yo.

No predictions but I'm pulling for you guys.  The red menace must be stopped!

That is awesome, jonzr. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009 at 20:56 »

And Fluery scores two goals for the Red Wings....  way to go.

Otherwise the team is playing pretty good, but I think trying to be a little too cute especially on the power play.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009 at 21:04 »

Man, is Gill slow

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009 at 21:45 »

The defense did not play a great game tonight.  Gill, Scuderi and Gonchar had a very tough night.  How many times did we turn the puck over tonight?  How about that dead PP?

Eitherway, you are not going to beat the Detroit Red Wings (or the New York Islanders for that matter) by scoring one goal.  We have no choice but to win game two.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009 at 21:47 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009 at 13:15 »

I guess there is two ways to look at this loss. The optimistic way, which is to say that we played much better last night than early on last year. We were right in that game and if we finish on some of those scoring chances we might have gone up 3-1 in the second. Fluery gave up 2 soff goals imo, and our PP did jack shit and we were still very much in that game.

Then there is the pessimistic way, which is to say we have to finish on scoring chances. We have to make them pay on the PP (they have been pretty bad on the PK throughout the playoffs). Fluery cannot give up soff goals. We have to put more pucks on Osgood. We have to CLEAR THE FUCKING ZONE. For instance, the Crosby line had multiple chances to get the puck deep and did not which lead to a Wings goal.

They were missing alot of firepower and if we executed properly last night's game was there for the taking. Now we put ourselves in the position where we have to win today or this thing might get ugly.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009 at 20:55 »

I hate blaming the officials.  I hate it when other teams blame the officiating (Flyers), but these last two periods have been complete fucking bullshit.  No hack on Hossa shortly before the Wings second goal?  Give me a break.

Detroit bitched and hinted at Penguin favortism before this series started because of the scheduling, but they have no room to fucking talk.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2009 at 21:07 »

I hate blaming the officials.  I hate it when other teams blame the officiating (Flyers), but these last two periods have been complete fucking bullshit.  No hack on Hossa shortly before the Wings second goal?  Give me a break.

Detroit bitched and hinted at Penguin favortism before this series started because of the scheduling, but they have no room to fucking talk.

I also try not to bitch about officiating in any sport but it's like watching James Harrison get held every play. I mean if you're not going to call anything, fine, but don't call ticky tack shit on Malkin while letting Hossa break someone's fucking stick and half.

And we're still not finishing.

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2009 at 21:41 »

Down two games to zero and we are definately in trouble.  Plain and simple.  Win two at home is our only chance.

DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2009 at 21:43 »

Calls or no calls, we have a bigger problem...and it's just not going to be our year.  We don't have the goaltending to compete.  We could play all evening in the offensive zone, but the time Detroit creates congestion around our net, its in behind.

I don't think you can ask Crosby or Malkin to step up their game much more.
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #29 on: Jun 01, 2009 at 08:06 »

Calls or no calls, we have a bigger problem...and it's just not going to be our year.  We don't have the goaltending to compete.  We could play all evening in the offensive zone, but the time Detroit creates congestion around our net, its in behind.

I don't think you can ask Crosby or Malkin to step up their game much more.

Come on now...  How can you possibly think that we don't have the goaltending to compete?  Panger and Penis head were pretty hard on Fleury after game 2, but Milbury was surprised how critical they were being.  I share his thoughts on Fleury.  In my opinion, Fleury has only let in one bad goal (3rd goal last night.)  I think the bounces off the bullshit Detroit boards were flukey, and hard to get used to.  I gave Fleury game one, and said that if he gets fooled by the bounces again, shame on him.  Last night, he didn't.  Filpulla's goal was just hard work, and if Fleury would have saved that, it would have been out of this world. 

On the flip side, I think that Osgood has made some great saves, but I also think that he has gotten extremely lucky so far.  Pucks being shot into his pads, pucks hitting posts.  There were about two times that he got hit with pucks last night, and had absolutely no clue where they were.  His rebound control is suspect.  If the Pens could get a guy in front of the net, we could expose him. 

Lastly, I think that we have played pretty well through two games.  Unfortunately, we have nothing to show for it and we're waist deep in shit.  We HAVE to win 3 & 4.  We win both of them, I promise we will steal 5 in Detroit.  It isn't far fetched to say that we could easily be up 2-0 in this series, or at least tied.  The Hockey Gods need to cut us some slack, and give us a bounce.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: