Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 21, 2014 at 18:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stanley Cup Finals  (Read 7144 times)
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #80 on: Jun 10, 2009 at 08:01 »

With Mcguire, Edzo and the rest of the assholes on NBC doing these games I feel like I'm in Detroit, in a Red Wings bar, surrounded by Detroit fans, and Detroit is winning 56-0. I mean, the Penguins took it to these assholes for 2 and a half periods and it doesn't matter to these guys.

As usual, great calls by the refs at the end. It's getting ridiculous and if there is any justice in the world the Penguins will be skating with the cup in Detroit Friday night while Hossa sits against the boards staring into space.

Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #81 on: Jun 10, 2009 at 09:20 »

I am fucking pissed about several things from last nights game.

1. What Detroit did at the end of the game was fuckin ridiculous.  How is it legal for 3 guys to push our players into the goal.  What if the puck would have trickled in?  That was bullshit.
2. Someone needs to stick Franzen in the head.  He throws elbows left and right and the refs ignore and the Pens take it.  Man up and take the MF out...after we have a 4-0 lead in game 7.
3. As for Mcguire, Edzo and the rest of the assholes on NBC- Fuck them.  If I were Gary Bettman I would be begging for the Pens to win the series.  Not saying that I want to win with any assistance from the zebras, but c'mon call it how you see it, don't be afraid to make a call. They are a team with star power that can elevate the sport to the mainstream.  Bettman needs to step in and tell them, namely Edzo, to not be so bias against the Pens.  Oh yeah and Fuck Barry Melrose...he is just a douchebag.
4. I wish that the NHL would take a closer look at the clutching/grabbing and general interference that takes place every shift.  If they called the game according to the rulebook we would have 10 PP per game.

Thanks to Scuderi, Flower, Staal and TK.

Brinker
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2009 at 09:24 by Brinker » Logged

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #82 on: Jun 10, 2009 at 12:15 »

I was just about to complain about the NBC broadcast, but you all beat me to it.

I think it's rediculous.  So much is missed because they are switching camera angles and it's difficult to refocus on what's going on. Almost missed a goal from the faceoff last night to the left of Osgood because of the switching. 

The other thing is how they do the interviews while play is going on (Versus is actually worse about that)...yapping about some crap no one cares about, missing what's going on during the game.  The 4 analyst box is annoying....and

Mike Milbury is obnoxiuos as an analyst.  Everything should be an interference penalty on the Penguins.

Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #83 on: Jun 10, 2009 at 13:24 »

Scuderi for Prez

Ditto. How the fuck did he not get one of the three stars?

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #84 on: Jun 10, 2009 at 13:36 »

I am fucking pissed about several things from last nights game.

1. What Detroit did at the end of the game was fuckin ridiculous.  How is it legal for 3 guys to push our players into the goal.  What if the puck would have trickled in?  That was bullshit.
2. Someone needs to stick Franzen in the head.  He throws elbows left and right and the refs ignore and the Pens take it.  Man up and take the MF out...after we have a 4-0 lead in game 7.
3. As for Mcguire, Edzo and the rest of the assholes on NBC- Fuck them.  If I were Gary Bettman I would be begging for the Pens to win the series.  Not saying that I want to win with any assistance from the zebras, but c'mon call it how you see it, don't be afraid to make a call. They are a team with star power that can elevate the sport to the mainstream.  Bettman needs to step in and tell them, namely Edzo, to not be so bias against the Pens.  Oh yeah and Fuck Barry Melrose...he is just a douchebag.
4. I wish that the NHL would take a closer look at the clutching/grabbing and general interference that takes place every shift.  If they called the game according to the rulebook we would have 10 PP per game.

Thanks to Scuderi, Flower, Staal and TK.

Brinker

1. They've been beating the shit out of Fleury all series. Unfortunately, the only forward we have with the siz/weight/speed ratio to give Osgodd a nice retaliatory forearm in the chops like Fleury ogt on that interference call is Malkin, and he's taking too many fucking penalties already.

2. Was that Franzen that caught Crosby in the corner? It looked like a good hit at first, then they showed the replay and it was a blatant elbow to the collar bone.

3. Bettman doesn't care who wins, he just wanted it to go to 7. Dynasties sell just as well as rivalries. Although, if the Pens win this year, it would sure make a rubber match next year something they might try to promote.

4. Granted, but we would get called a lot more too. Of course, if they were calling the fucking things, then maybe our guys wouldn't think they'd have to pull that shit too, you know, the "well, if they're getting away with it, we may as well do it too" mentality.

Anyway, thinking of playing in Detroit is making my stomach turn. I hate that place. I almost thing we need to do the constant line changes to get the matchups like they've been doing at the Igloo. Whenever they get the matchups they want, about the only effective line we have is the Staal line. Everbody else shits the bed. They just collapse on Sid and Malkin and wait for the turnover in our zone.

I'm a mess. I need a sedative. Somebody hold me.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #85 on: Jun 10, 2009 at 14:44 »

North Stars went 6

were they still alternating the home/away teams in the finals back then?  instead of the better record having home ice advantage?

i remember paper cutouts posing as fans filling up the plethera of empty seats wherever they freakin played their games at, so they sure as hell didnt have a better record than the pens that year.

bring home the cup boys, hopefully it doesnt end up at the bottom of Mario's pool this time around.  Grin

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #86 on: Jun 10, 2009 at 15:06 »

North Stars went 6

were they still alternating the home/away teams in the finals back then?  instead of the better record having home ice advantage?

i remember paper cutouts posing as fans filling up the plethera of empty seats wherever they freakin played their games at, so they sure as hell didnt have a better record than the pens that year.

bring home the cup boys, hopefully it doesnt end up at the bottom of Mario's pool this time around.  Grin

I don't remember if it was 2-2-1-1-1, or 2-3-2, but I do remember that both cup victories were on the road.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #87 on: Jun 10, 2009 at 17:20 »

Sykora out for game 7:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=281457

It probably doesn't matter, dress a 7th defenseman and double shift Sid and Geno.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #88 on: Jun 11, 2009 at 12:22 »

If he misses Friday's game, it will be the second time that Sykora will have been sidelined by an injury late in a Stanley Cup final. While playing for the New Jersey Devils in 2000, Sykora took a blow to the head from Dallas Stars defenceman Derian Hatcher during Game 6, and was taken to hospital for tests. The Devils won the Cup that night

I'll take anything as a sign of good mojo.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #89 on: Jun 12, 2009 at 08:11 »

I am seriously jacked already.  Don't know how I'm going to make it to 8, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to have to hit any and everything in red today.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: