I am fucking pissed about several things from last nights game.
1. What Detroit did at the end of the game was fuckin ridiculous. How is it legal for 3 guys to push our players into the goal. What if the puck would have trickled in? That was bullshit.
2. Someone needs to stick Franzen in the head. He throws elbows left and right and the refs ignore and the Pens take it. Man up and take the MF out...after we have a 4-0 lead in game 7.
3. As for Mcguire, Edzo and the rest of the assholes on NBC- Fuck them. If I were Gary Bettman I would be begging for the Pens to win the series. Not saying that I want to win with any assistance from the zebras, but c'mon call it how you see it, don't be afraid to make a call. They are a team with star power that can elevate the sport to the mainstream. Bettman needs to step in and tell them, namely Edzo, to not be so bias against the Pens. Oh yeah and Fuck Barry Melrose...he is just a douchebag.
4. I wish that the NHL would take a closer look at the clutching/grabbing and general interference that takes place every shift. If they called the game according to the rulebook we would have 10 PP per game.
Thanks to Scuderi, Flower, Staal and TK.
1. They've been beating the shit out of Fleury all series. Unfortunately, the only forward we have with the siz/weight/speed ratio to give Osgodd a nice retaliatory forearm in the chops like Fleury ogt on that interference call is Malkin, and he's taking too many fucking penalties already.
2. Was that Franzen that caught Crosby in the corner? It looked like a good hit at first, then they showed the replay and it was a blatant elbow to the collar bone.
3. Bettman doesn't care who wins, he just wanted it to go to 7. Dynasties sell just as well as rivalries. Although, if the Pens win this year, it would sure make a rubber match next year something they might try to promote.
4. Granted, but we would get called a lot more too. Of course, if they were calling the fucking things, then maybe our guys wouldn't think they'd have to pull that shit too, you know, the "well, if they're getting away with it, we may as well do it too" mentality.
Anyway, thinking of playing in Detroit is making my stomach turn. I hate that place. I almost thing we need to do the constant line changes to get the matchups like they've been doing at the Igloo. Whenever they get the matchups they want, about the only effective line we have is the Staal line. Everbody else shits the bed. They just collapse on Sid and Malkin and wait for the turnover in our zone.
I'm a mess. I need a sedative. Somebody hold me.