Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 17, 2014 at 14:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Least favorite Playoff games  (Read 799 times)
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« on: Jun 05, 2009 at 11:58 »

What are your least favorite Steelers playoff games of all times?

Mine in this order:

1) Jax @ Pit, Jan 2008.  Ben's worst playoff game, IMO... and the fact the NFL network repeatedly broadcats it of late
2) NE @ Pit, Jan 2002.  The three liabilities in the early 2000's reared their head: Kordell, Cowher play call, and special teams
3) Pit @ Indy, Jan 2006.  I still can't watch the 4th quarter of this game to date.  From the Morrelli call to the fumble, I still can't believe they held on to win the game
4) Denver @ Pit, Jan 1998.  Kordell.  We lose to the Pack in the SB if he just manages the game better.
5) SD @ Pit, Jan 1995. Bad play call.  Why not pass more to score?

Honorable mentions:
NE @ Pit, Jan 2005 - So close but really the team was a year away w/ Ben as a rookie and the development of Troy & Hope.
Pit @ Oakland, Jan 1977 - The best defensive performance by a team in the regular season (better than the 85 bears, IMO) wasted due to injuries in the playoffs

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2009 at 12:11 »

I really hated the Tennesee game earlier in the decade where their kicker missed a makeable FG only to flop, draw a penalty and make a much shorter one.  I believe this spawned the infamous "I Just Wrote Bud Selig" thread on the 4 letter word boards.

Was that NE/Pitt game in 2002 the one where Troy Edwards ran out of bounds and NE got to redo a punt/kickoff and returned it for a TD?  That one sucked. 

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2009 at 13:25 »

Yea, I forgot about that Tennessee one.  I don't mind the 2002 games, as our secondary was torched so bad that year that I really didn't expect much. 
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2009 at 15:55 »

Yeah, jonzr, that was the 2002 game...  That may be my least favorite.  I nearly fucking Brinkered over that game.

The Indy game required Mrs. F. getting out the paddles to revive me, but I'll never put a win, especially in that 2005 postseason, in a worst games category.

How about the Chargers Pupunu-ing us to move on to the SB and get creamed by the Niners? 

And frankly, any of those losses to the Belichimp Pats chaff my ass.  The 2005 season Benny goes 15-1, including ripping the Pats and Iggles to shreds, only to have our clocks cleaned in the AFCC again.  Gaddamn, I hate those Patriots.  Still.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2009 at 13:21 »

The 2002 AFC Title game and it's really not close for me.  I was absolutely crushed.  Tough to say they could have beat the Rams in the Super Bowl that year, but that was a game that should have been won.  Also, who knows what happens with Beardy and the Pasties down the road if that game turns out differently.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2009 at 15:43 »

Also, who knows what happens with Beardy and the Pasties down the road if that game turns out differently.

I've wondered that as well.  Considering that Bledsoe came off the bench to get it done in that game, is Beardy even the starter the following season?  Had Bellychump seen enough yet?  Grrr.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jun 08, 2009 at 13:23 »

1.  2002 Pats. Hands down. 
2.  Do Super Bowls count?  That loss to Cowboys really sucked.  They were cocky bastards with a crappy coach, and we had 'em.  Effing had them if we don't give them 14 points.
3.  '05 Pats - mainly because of #1.

Big gap

4.  94? AFCC vs. SD
5.  AFCC loss vs. Broncos.  Another winnable game we pissed away.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jun 09, 2009 at 11:19 »

How about the Chargers Pupunu-ing us to move on to the SB and get creamed by the Niners?

The 2002 AFC Title game and it's really not close for me.  I was absolutely crushed.  Tough to say they could have beat the Rams in the Super Bowl that year, but that was a game that should have been won.  Also, who knows what happens with Beardy and the Pasties down the road if that game turns out differently.

And frankly, any of those losses to the Belichimp Pats chaff my ass.  The 2005 season Benny goes 15-1, including ripping the Pats and Iggles to shreds, only to have our clocks cleaned in the AFCC again.  Gaddamn, I hate those Patriots.  Still.

This.

This.

And, this.  In this order...I think.

I'll also add as a fourth, the '07 WC loss to the Jags.  Yeah, maybe they go on to get waxed by the 18-1 (HA!) Patriots, but damn, I wanted to see this team get another shot.  Plus, losing to Jacksonville, at home, in a snowstorm, in January, is inexcusable.  A QB sweep from a shotgun formation on 3rd and 6 with the game on the line is inexcusable.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
sage
Kickin the Bengals Ass since 1933
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #8 on: Jun 09, 2009 at 11:26 »

i can't rank them.....they all piss me off! cussing

Go Steelers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: