Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 14:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: holy balls  (Read 724 times)
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« on: Jun 07, 2009 at 04:48 »

Anybody else see anything wrong with this?

PENALTY SUMMARY1st Period 07:16DETNiklas Kronwall : Tripping  - 2  min 19:39PITChris Kunitz : Interference on goalkeeper  - 2  min 2nd Period 05:53PITSergei Gonchar : Slashing  - 2  min 06:48PITEvgeni Malkin : Elbowing  - 2  min 13:50PITChris Kunitz : Roughing  - 2  min 17:37PITSidney Crosby : Slashing  - 2  min 17:57PITMaxime Talbot : Slashing  - 2  min 3rd Period 01:53DETMarian Hossa : Roughing  - 2  min 07:14PITEvgeni Malkin : Hooking  - 2  min 15:50PITPascal Dupuis : Hi-sticking  - 2  min 15:50PITCraig Adams : Misconduct (10 min)  - 0  min 18:08PITEvgeni Malkin : Cross checking  - 2  min 18:08PITMatt Cooke : Misconduct (10 min)  - 0  min 18:08DETBrett Lebda : Misconduct (10 min)  - 0  min 18:08PITMaxime Talbot : Misconduct (10 min)  - 0  min

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2009 at 12:33 »

I see something wrong with it.  We might want to stay out of the box.  When you play like shit, penalties are going to be called.  Minus the B.S. interference call on Kunitz, they were all well deserved.  

They threw us off our game and completely dominated us for two and a half periods of hockey.  We started taking dumb penalties out of frustration.  Hats off to them for playing a great game.  

Last night was all on the Penguins.  The players are even acknowledging that much...

"The best thing you can say about tonight is that we shot ourselves in the foot," defenseman Rob Scuderi said.

"They played really well," Penguins forward Max Talbot said. "We didn't."

The Penguins offered up what Eaton described as "an awful second period,"

"We started being undisciplined, took some bad penalties," said Talbot

"Their power play was on tonight," Penguins right winger Bill Guerin said. "And we just kept going to the box."

« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2009 at 13:18 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2009 at 21:46 »

yeah, i watched the game...i know we got out played.  my point was kinda how we looked so dominant in game 4 & look like we dont belong in game 5.

disheartening...

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2009 at 06:32 »

yeah, i watched the game...i know we got out played.  my point was kinda how we looked so dominant in game 4 & look like we dont belong in game 5.

disheartening...

Night and day between game 4 and game 5.  Just ugly.  While losing that game did not come as a complete shocker to me, losing in that fashion is what did surprise the hell out me.  Through the whole regular and post season I have never seen them completely lose their composure like they did the other night.

What can you do though?  Put it behind us and return the favor tomorrow night on our home ice.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2009 at 07:37 »

I cannot disagree that this was on the Pens, and they played a monumentally stupid game Sat. night.  However, my issue with the penalties is the ones NOT being called on the Wings, while we seem to draw all of them.  Again, Pens committed a bunch of these, but it seems as if the Wings have gotten plenty of slack in all three home games, and in game 4.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2009 at 09:17 »

Well, after five games it's 18 to 11 in PP's, favoring Detroit.  

The PP chances in Mellon Arena? 6 for the Pens, 6 for the Wings.  The three games in JLA? 12 for the Wings, 5 for the Pens.  Take what you will from those numbers.  If anything those numbers should put to rest the conspiracy theories out there about how the NHL front office wants the Penguins to win the Stanley Cup.

Game two was horribly officiated in my opinion.  There is no doubt in my mind that we got hosed in that game.  From the B.S. interference call on Malkin to the ignored interference involving Samuelsson on Malkin which led to a Detroit goal.  No idea what that game was all about when it came to the officials. 

This last game, we deserved everything we got.  When you are very rarely putting on pressure/cycling the puck in the offensive zone, it's kind of hard to get PP's thrown your way.  Detroit had no reason to take penalties.  They were thoroughly dominating us in every aspect of the game after the first period.  I thought they played a fairly clean, composed and responsible game.  The complete opposite of what we were doing out there.
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2009 at 09:36 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: