Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 22, 2014 at 01:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PENGUINS R CHAMPS!!!!!  (Read 3823 times)
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 16:35 »

i've had read and watched penguin news for non stop since the game ended.  It was an awesome weekend full of smiles and feel goodieness.  and plenty-o-beers.  I still havent had enough.

the parade was nice to watch on the tube this afternoon.  was quite upset that Errey didnt do his Sophie Masloff imatation this time around.  also, Guerrin really has grown on me since he has come here and wouldnt mind seeing him in a penguin sweater next year.  hope he will play for less than a mill.  but i doubt it.

i would also welcome back the prodigal son, back with open arms.  Hossa would make this team freakin untouchable.

F Bombs go out to...

Draper...shut the hell up already you whiney pussy. Sid didnt want your loser stank rubbing off onto him during the handshake.

Detroit fans....classy as usual

Franzen...for only taking 2 sticks to his ear.  should have been a boatload more.

Edzo....what a clown

NBC censor police....come on man, let Geno rain the F bombs on national TV next time FFS.  Its very cute with a russian accent.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 18:33 »

Went down to the parade today and it was simply unbelievable.

Estimated crowd number:  375,000

Estimated crowd number during XLIII parade: 350,000

Between Friday night, being on the South Side on Saturday night and being at the parade today, my voice is officially shot.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 20:07 »

Just finished watching the parade, channel 4's hour and a half coverage.  Just the best feeling in the world.

My favorite moments:

JackSplat's girlfriend Sally Wiggin comments on Fleury and Crosby... "There goes Fleury... and Crosby... what a pair."

Mr. and Mrs. Malkin and Crosby on stage.

The players getting out of the cars and partying with the fans.  At one point I noticed Guerin stopped, put his arm around somebody, took their camera and snapped a pic.  Class to the end.

I could go on.  So proud of my city.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 22:02 »

Here you go Brinker, from letsgopens.com. Pretty nice spreadsheet here with the roster, salaries, and contract lengths. Definitely some decisions to be made.

http://www.letsgopens.com/pens_roster.php

Jordan Staal signed an extension, so he's locked up for 5 more years, I think.

Scuderi is the biggie...perhaps Fedentenko.

Still feel that we need a solid multi-year FA signing on Sid's line for a little more Offense.  I think all the other lines are fine.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=PIT

hockeybuzz.com cap central is a little more up to date and it shows minor league players salaries as well. There are a lot of UFA's on that list but no one un-replaceable. I'd like to see Fedotenko and Guerin back. It would be nice to retain Scuderi but at the Pens price, not an over-inflated market value. As solid as he's been, I still think he can be replaced. Don't see Gill or Boucher being brought back. Goligoski has to be ready to put in a full season with the big club and maybe even Ben Lovejoy. Both Adams and Zigomanis are UFA's so Id like to see one if not both resigned. It would be nice to see one or two Baby Pens step up in training camp and take a roster spot made vacant by Sykora and Satan.

As far as the Detroit fans go, I honestly think they were booing Gary Bettman as soon as the saw him coming out of the corridor. To my surprise, there were many Wings fans cheering when Malkin picked up the Calder and for the passing of the cup.

I'd love to be the GM of Monreal, NYR, or Nashville.  Hope they have a good farm system- and I'm really glad Shero worked out extensions this year with our core.  Figuring out who to get to complement Sid is much better of a problem than what those other teams face!
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #34 on: Jun 15, 2009 at 22:26 »

I was just perusing the "expert picks" on CBSSports.com and noticed something odd.  They had four guys picking, of the four, one guy picked the Pens in each round until the finals.  Of the other three, one guy picked the Pens once (1st round), the rest of the time it was the opponent until they all picked the Pens in the finals.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Jun 16, 2009 at 16:16 »

JackSplat's girlfriend Sally Wiggin comments on Fleury and Crosby... "There goes Fleury... and Crosby... what a pair."

dude get with the program...i dumped that broad the moment she lost this look:

thats the same year she started hangin with Don Cannon before the news for cocktail hour. 

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Jun 16, 2009 at 16:40 »

dude get with the program...i dumped that broad the moment she lost this look:

I forgot you're a star fucker and switched affiliation to channel 2:

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: