Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 20, 2014 at 17:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buzz Kill  (Read 773 times)
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« on: Jun 18, 2009 at 21:08 »

The NHL Network aired the 93' Pens/Islanders classic series episode tonight-  I think it's on again later tonight and tomorrow AM if you are interested in watching.

I still stare blankly at the TV when Volek's shot beats Barrasso.  I cant believe that team beat the Pens with Mario/Francis/Jagr/Mullen/Tocchet/Murphy  et al on it.

Far worse memory than the Final series last year.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 07:33 »

Yeah, I think the 93 team was their best team. Didn't then win like 20 in a row at one point? That was also the year Mario had a ridiculous 160 points in like 60 games played. They should have had a three-peat and then would have been talked about more seriously with the Edmonton teams on the 80s.

I still remember watching that game with my dad. That puck flew past Barrasso and there is no word to describe it. Stunned disbelief.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 13:33 »

Yeah, I think the 93 team was their best team. Didn't then win like 20 in a row at one point? That was also the year Mario had a ridiculous 160 points in like 60 games played. They should have had a three-peat and then would have been talked about more seriously with the Edmonton teams on the 80s.

I still remember watching that game with my dad. That puck flew past Barrasso and there is no word to describe it. Stunned disbelief.

Part of the 1-2 Francisco Cabrera sucker punch.  Think about it.  David Volek and Francisco Cabrera?  Stan Humphries?  BARRY FREAKIN SWITZER? Our teams were losing to every nobody on the block.  But we survived.  Too bad the Pirates are still in a coma, though.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2009 at 15:47 »

Part of the 1-2 Francisco Cabrera sucker punch.  Think about it.  David Volek and Francisco Cabrera?  Stan Humphries?  BARRY FREAKIN SWITZER? Our teams were losing to every nobody on the block.  But we survived.  Too bad the Pirates are still in a coma, though.

What you said + Alfred Pupunu.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: