Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 17, 2014 at 20:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pirates Trade McLouth  (Read 2197 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jun 04, 2009 at 15:52 »

After 17 straight losing seasons, I think the residents of Pittsburgh have all the reason in the world to "bitch" and "complain" when it comes to this organization.  I think that's the least the Pirates can allow us to do after the people who actually live in this city/area helped fund that ball park.

We "bitch" about the trades because that organization has been doing the same damn thing for seventeen straight years with the same results.  We "complain" because we have been hearing and seeing the same old song and dance from that organization for over a decade and a half.  

What in the hell do people expect the fans to do exactly?  Judging by the attendence at PNC, some are just tired of blindly following that pathetic organization and are no longer drinking the Pirate kool-aid every year.  It's about time.  

They have officially become the most pathetic sports franchise in all of sports. But hey, Coonelly, Huntington and Nutting want us to drink up...

« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2009 at 16:14 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jun 04, 2009 at 16:27 »

How many times do they give up something for nothing?
How many times have we drafted in the top 5 in the last 20 years?

C'mon do not your love for the Pirates cloud the facts...our ownership sucks the big one....you can't make chicken sandwiches from chicken shit

Brinker

Don't worry, it's all part of the Pirates "commitment to build a strong core". At least that's what they stated shortly after giving Nate his extension during the offseason. :rolleyes:
RoundTripperKipper
N00b

« Reply #12 on: Jun 04, 2009 at 16:55 »

I realize the trades over the course of the past 17 years have stunk. The player drafting and development has stunk. I am willing to give this GM, who has been on the job a little over a full year, some time before I make a judgment. They had an excellent draft this past June and that gives me a little belief that things may change.

I won't stop attending games because it is something my family enjoys.

I understand everyone is tired of the same old, same old.

I am willing to give it one more shot with the current regime. If things continue on the same path I will probably be on the side of most of you, but for now I am not.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jun 04, 2009 at 23:01 »

I realize the trades over the course of the past 17 years have stunk. The player drafting and development has stunk. I am willing to give this GM, who has been on the job a little over a full year, some time before I make a judgment. They had an excellent draft this past June and that gives me a little belief that things may change.

I won't stop attending games because it is something my family enjoys.

I understand everyone is tired of the same old, same old.

I am willing to give it one more shot with the current regime. If things continue on the same path I will probably be on the side of most of you, but for now I am not.

You know what?  I agree.  I grew up on all sports pittsburgh, and I will be that way until I die.  There is nothing better than sitting with my dad watching a game at PNC, except, of course, sitting with my dad watching a game at the Civic Arena.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #14 on: Jun 05, 2009 at 06:49 »

I LOVE going to PNC to watch a game. I HATE what the Nuttings have done to the Pirates. It is an embarrassment.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
RoundTripperKipper
N00b

« Reply #15 on: Jun 05, 2009 at 19:43 »

So we all agree on this:

1. Pirates stink
2. PNC is awesome
3. Pens are halfway home to the cup
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #16 on: Jun 06, 2009 at 11:37 »

So we all agree on this:

1. Pirates stink
2. PNC is awesome
3. Pens are halfway home to the cup
Agreed.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Jun 30, 2009 at 16:48 »

And now we have traded Morgan and Burnett for one of the biggest a-holes in baseball...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09181/980813-100.stm

Way to go Bucco's.  Can't wait to hear Joseph Goebbels....I mean Neil Huntington sell this one.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Jun 30, 2009 at 19:52 »

Wow.  Just, wow.

Milledge isn't all bad; I watched him come up (I've lived in NYC for a while now) and never thought he had a chance to grow up because of the oppressive NY media.  He has talent I'd compare to pre-roids Bonds.

Having said that, this is twice in two months we've traded our best player.  Seems like Nutting is the same vampire as McClatchy.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Jun 30, 2009 at 19:56 »

Thank you Jack Wilson...

"The bottom line is, even if this trade does work out, it's not going to matter to 80 percent of the people in here," Wilson said. "And over the years, these trades haven't worked. Show me the ones that have worked."

Wilson described himself as "beyond, beyond tired" of such moves.

"We know that they're looking to the future, which doesn't say much about 2009," he continued. "That's probably what's so shocking. We're five games out, and we lost two or three of our everyday players. That's what hits us the most. You can understand if it's the end of July. You see that stuff coming. ... They're businessmen. They're trying to achieve winning baseball in Pittsburgh. The biggest question is: When is that going to be. When do things start turning around? It's just hard for guys who have been here and seen these exact same trades happen and seen it absolutely do nothing. I've been here nine years. I've seen these trades 2 or 3 times a year every year and still haven't had a winning season. You hope, eventually, some of these trades will work out. It's just they haven't yet. They think they're getting deals they can't pass up. I guess. I guess. I guess. Whatever."

On Morgan, specifically, Wilson said: "What you saw on the field wasn't even close to what he brought to the team. That's the type of player, guys those type of caliber, like Jason Bay, Nate McLouth ..."

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/pbc/default.aspx

« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2009 at 19:58 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: