Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 22:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers not bringing Miller back?  (Read 669 times)
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Jul 03, 2009 at 19:58 »

http://www.examiner.com/x-14024-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Examiner~y2009m7d1-Steelers-TE-Miller-may-become-a-salarycap-casualty

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2009 at 21:20 »

It would be a lot more devastating to lose him if Arians would actually involve Miller in the gameplan.  As it stands though, I'd rather have Santonio Holmes than a painfully under-utilized Miller if it came down to choosing between the two.  At least Holmes is an integral part of the offense. 

I'd sure hate to see him go though.  If used properly, the guy is a top 5 TE.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2009 at 21:51 »

It's speculation, while the Steelers are in a tight cap situation now, nobody knows what it'll look like after this year.  I think the Steelers and Miller can find common ground if it's at all possible.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2009 at 08:02 »

Using the franchise tag is another possibility.

Still, nothing in that article seems particularly substantive.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2009 at 08:03 »

The Steelers are very picky with their C$3.  Hampton and Keisel won't get it from Pittsburgh, as with so many teams turning to a 3-4, they'll be sought after and paid more than Pittsburgh would offer.

With the current CBA, Miller's a RFA next year.  Nothing impending on the CBA front from what I've read. 

They'll likely look at extending Holmes next year, as I believe he'll be heading into the last year of his contract.  And Holmes could be a priority next year.

I dunno.  My expectation is they'll take care of Miller.  It's a different regime now but so much was made of finally finding a great Steelers TE when Miller was drafted, that I don't think they'll want to wade through the Reimiersma's and Tuman's for another five years.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: