Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 24, 2014 at 08:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Day 7 of Chantix  (Read 2607 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Aug 08, 2009 at 09:36 »

Hmm, I wonder if it's the Chantix or some lifestyle changes..

Are you eating differently? Eating more junk/carbs?  Drinking more caffeine in the evening (will suppress deep sleep), or less caffeine during the day than you used to (since some people smoke with coffee)?

Could be an indirect kind of thing.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #31 on: Aug 08, 2009 at 13:28 »

I am drinking less coffee than before, but that's about the only difference offhand. I don't think the eating has changed much - some fresh veggies and fruit to snack on at work, occasional trail mix stuff.

It would probably help to hit the sack and get up at close to the same time every day.  I vary from 11pm - 1am to 6am - 7am or so on weekdays.  The weekends aren't much different but I usually sleep an hour later or so, got up about 8:15 today after going to bed at 12:30 or so.  Didn't really feel any more rested than if I'd only gotten 6 hrs.

But maybe normalizing the sleep pattern would help, tightening the range to sleep from 11:30pm - 12am to 6:30am - 7am.  I'm gonna do that for a week starting today and report back.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #32 on: Aug 31, 2009 at 09:24 »

I quit taking Chantix 8 days ago and already am feeling more rested in the morning.  We took the drug for 7 of the recommended 12 wks (that's 3 batches) so we didn't even finish the second batch. 

However, we're still not smoking and the cravings are far fewer and less intense.  Actually, I wouldn't even call them cravings, more like a thought that makes it's way to the top every now and then, sort of a "Hey bud, you sure you don't want a smoke right about now?"

So, I'd recommend Chantix to anyone who has had trouble quitting.  But do take as directed and only for as long as you feel you need it.

I also think it was affecting my ability to concentrate; whether that's due to the lack of restful sleep or a more direct side effect of the drug, I don't know.

But I'm glad to be done with it.

BAM!

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Aug 31, 2009 at 16:36 »

That is awesome.  I recently noticed the cost of a pack of cigs.  Depending on how much one smokes each day, and if a spouse is a smoker, that is easily the equivalent of a nice car payment every month.  Wow. 

Jonzr getting frustrated at work and not able to pay attention.  Looks like he picked the wrong week to quit sniffin glue.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #34 on: Sep 01, 2009 at 08:03 »

No doubt man, that is a car payment.  A really NICE car, too.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: