Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 13:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe It Was Brian Jackson  (Read 8355 times)
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #100 on: Aug 19, 2009 at 10:11 »

SOP for lawyers to file for dismissal, at least in a case like this with no evidence - no evidence that we know of, anyway.

The judge can choose to dismiss it entirely, or just dismiss one or more of the defendants.

It will be interesting to see what happens.  Hopefully the judge chooses to dismiss it with prejudice, so she can't file again.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #101 on: Aug 19, 2009 at 18:51 »

The end or close to it:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_638971.html

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #102 on: Aug 19, 2009 at 21:42 »

I'm glad this stuff is coming out, but it makes me furious that she did this.
Yet another reason I don't date bitches...
 angry4

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #103 on: Aug 20, 2009 at 06:53 »

I'm glad this stuff is coming out, but it makes me furious that she did this.
Yet another reason I don't date bitches...
 angry4

Where did I read that the imaginary Iraq soldier was also named... wait for it... Ben?

Obsess much over things that aren't real???

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #104 on: Aug 20, 2009 at 07:20 »

Obsess much over things that aren't real???

I believe Browns fans refer to this as the Superbowl Dream.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #105 on: Aug 22, 2009 at 09:28 »

Ben's legal team isn't messing around. They filed a 43-page legal brief and 29 exhibits.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/22/roethlisberger-continues-relentless-assault-on-his-accuser/

"Plaintiff is a disturbed and calculating woman," Roethlisberger's memorandum states at the outset of the "Introduction" section, "who, together with counsel, fabricated a claim of sexual assault against a two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback to save her job and extort a large monetary payoff."

Roethlisberger also alleged that the plaintiff and her counsel hinted that criminal charges would be filed absent a settlement.  Roethlisberger, in turn, accuses the plaintiff and her lawyer of committing a felony under Nevada law:  "A person who, with the intent to . . . gain any money . . . threatens directly or indirectly to accuse any person of a crime . . . is guilty of a category B felony . . . ."

Roethlisberger also claims that the plaintiff obtained her U.S. Naturalization through false statements, falsely received disability benefits to cover a leave of absence from work, and has "defiled the sanctity of this Court with unsubstantiated and salacious allegations of sexual assault."

The memorandum attaches various affidavits that, in Roethlisberger's view, support the contention that the plaintiff is "an admitted sex addict," that she was "excited about the prospect of having sex with" Roethlisberger, and that she told one of her co-workers that she was interested in having sex with him.

Though the memo contains no express admission by Roethlisberger that a sexual encounter occurred between Roethlisberger and the plaintiff, he never denies it -- and the text of the memorandum strongly implies it:  "Plaintiff boasted that her sex encounter with Mr. Roethlisberger as the 'best ever' and that she did not care if it ever happened again because the sex was 'soooo good.'"

Roethlisberger requests that the plaintiff be required to submit to an "immediate medical examination," alleging that "there is no question that Plaintiff is unstable mentally."

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #106 on: Aug 24, 2009 at 11:40 »

Ben's legal team isn't messing around. They filed a 43-page legal brief and 29 exhibits.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/22/roethlisberger-continues-relentless-assault-on-his-accuser/

"Plaintiff is a disturbed and calculating woman," Roethlisberger's memorandum states at the outset of the "Introduction" section, "who, together with counsel, fabricated a claim of sexual assault against a two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback to save her job and extort a large monetary payoff."

Roethlisberger also alleged that the plaintiff and her counsel hinted that criminal charges would be filed absent a settlement.  Roethlisberger, in turn, accuses the plaintiff and her lawyer of committing a felony under Nevada law:  "A person who, with the intent to . . . gain any money . . . threatens directly or indirectly to accuse any person of a crime . . . is guilty of a category B felony . . . ."

Roethlisberger also claims that the plaintiff obtained her U.S. Naturalization through false statements, falsely received disability benefits to cover a leave of absence from work, and has "defiled the sanctity of this Court with unsubstantiated and salacious allegations of sexual assault."

The memorandum attaches various affidavits that, in Roethlisberger's view, support the contention that the plaintiff is "an admitted sex addict," that she was "excited about the prospect of having sex with" Roethlisberger, and that she told one of her co-workers that she was interested in having sex with him.

Though the memo contains no express admission by Roethlisberger that a sexual encounter occurred between Roethlisberger and the plaintiff, he never denies it -- and the text of the memorandum strongly implies it:  "Plaintiff boasted that her sex encounter with Mr. Roethlisberger as the 'best ever' and that she did not care if it ever happened again because the sex was 'soooo good.'"

Roethlisberger requests that the plaintiff be required to submit to an "immediate medical examination," alleging that "there is no question that Plaintiff is unstable mentally."

I have to admit, I like the aggressiveness of his attorneys.

Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #107 on: Sep 08, 2009 at 21:57 »

Roethlisberger's accuser offers to settle lawsuit
Tuesday, September 08, 2009
By Dan Majors, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The woman who has accused Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault has offered to settle a civil lawsuit against him if he admits he assaulted her.

It is one of three conditions attorneys for the woman, a former Harrah's employee, outline in a letter they submitted to a Nevada court offering to settle the matter.

The conditions are that: first, he must admit that he assaulted her; he must deliver to her a letter of apology withdrawing "the false statements and allegations that he and his agents have made about her." And, lastly, he must donate $100,000 to the Committee to Aid Abused Women in Reno, Nev., "or a similar entity designated by the plaintiff."

The filing was submitted to Washoe County Court in Reno late Friday and made public yesterday. It was signed by Monique Laxalt, law partner of Calvin R.X. Dunlap, who is representing the 31-year-old woman who claims Mr. Roethlisberger assaulted her at Harrah's Lake Tahoe in July 2008, when he was there for a charity golf event.

The filing and the letter from the plaintiff indicate that the admission and apology must be made "within five days," but do not make clear on what date that deadline will expire.

Attorneys for Mr. Roethlisberger and for his accuser could not be reached for comment tonight. The Post-Gazette does not publish the names of alleged victims of sexual assault.

According to the filing, the offer to settle was in response to an Aug. 19 filing by Franklin Brockway Gowdy, a San Francisco-based attorney for Mr. Roethlisberger, in which Mr. Gowdy likened the civil lawsuit against Mr. Roethlisberger to extortion.

"This letter is submitted to the court in order to rebut defendant Roethlisberger's counsel's unfounded and false suggestion that plaintiff has brought this suit for the purpose of 'extorting' a large monetary recovery," the motion said. "Plaintiff's only interest has been and is to regain the dignity that was taken from her."

Also named in the civil lawsuit, filed July 17, are eight current or former employees of Harrah's Lake Tahoe, whom the plaintiff accuses of ignoring her claims of being assaulted or conspiring to cover them up.

Attorneys for all eight employees and Mr. Roethlisberger have filed motions to dismiss the case as well as motions for a change of venue from Washoe County, where the lawsuit was filed, to Douglas County, where the alleged assault is said to have occurred.

The case has been assigned to Second Judicial District Court Judge Brent Adams, who will rule on the motions to dismiss and the change-of-venue requests. No hearings have been set.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09251/996537-66.stm#ixzz0QZg5x6Js

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #108 on: Sep 08, 2009 at 22:11 »

Roethlisberger's accuser offers to settle lawsuit
Tuesday, September 08, 2009
By Dan Majors, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The woman who has accused Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault has offered to settle a civil lawsuit against him if he admits he assaulted her.

Somehow, I don't see this happening. 

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #109 on: Sep 09, 2009 at 04:01 »

Sounds like a last ditch effort to save some face, Dunlap in particular.  Scumbags.

Pages: 1 ... 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: