Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 22, 2014 at 18:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Corporations are people, too!  (Read 914 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 22, 2009 at 08:08 »

Maybe LC can weigh in with more authority, but my understanding of this case, and the RW-leaning SCOTUS justices' apparent preferences in it, scare me more than the outcome of any particular presidential election.

If Roberts & Co. give corporations the power to exert unfettered "free speech" [sic], I think we can safely say that the ideals of our American republic ever serving the interests of its individual constituents will be officially DEAD.  Consider how much money Obama raised via grassroots; then multiply that by a hundred, a thousand.  The Federal government will be a corporate complex figurehead.  And where is the rage, I ask you, from the teabag birther/death contingent?  Glenn Beck and his followers?  Why aren't people marching on Washington for this?

Because it's not a "sexy" issue.  Corporate control is just expected, and who really cares, etc.

Fucking crazy world we're about to enter.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Sep 22, 2009 at 08:57 »

Interesting.  Does that mean letting Lehman Bros fail was a sort of extremely late-term abortion?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2009 at 10:08 »

Interesting.  Does that mean letting Lehman Bros fail was a sort of extremely late-term abortion?

Touche, my good man!

Honestly, this is friggin' scary.  My level of fear over a great many things has increased dramatically over the last 8 years.  Everyone around me is talking about being afraid of the government--how about the big-money corporate giants who are controlling the government, to a greater degree each day?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: