Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 22, 2014 at 03:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favre to remain retired  (Read 1888 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Jul 28, 2009 at 16:24 »

Great.  Now can ESPN get off it now?

Quarterback Brett Favre has informed Minnesota Vikings officials that he will remain retired, according to The Star Tribune.

Coach Brad Childress confirmed the news to the Star Tribune, leaving the Vikings in an unexpected and awkward spot with training camp set to open Wednesday. The Vikings are now left to choose between Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels as their 2009 starter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4362093
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2009 at 16:27 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2009 at 16:46 »

I doubt it.  And I'll believe this after the season starts.  Or maybe after it ends.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jul 29, 2009 at 08:55 »

I doubt it.  And I'll believe this after the season starts.  Or maybe after it ends.

My first thought was, if Farverer wore down over a full season last year as a Jest, what do you think will happen with him turning 40 this season, recovering from the biceps tendon surgery?

He doesn't want to go to camp.

He doesn't want to play the first 4-6 games, which no one much gives a fuck about.

He wants to come in when Kordell and Maddox -- err, sorry, Tarvaris and Rosendipshit both shit the bed and the Vikes need a savior.  Fresh-armed yet hoary, the wily vet comes in and takes the Viqueens to glory.

Consider, GB will struggle with their new 3-4 defense but should be better on offense; Cutler changes the equation of Chicago, who now would seem to be the division faves; the Vikes may lose the Williams sisters and struggle on D, to say nothing of the QB issue.  Weeks 4-8, they get the Packers twice, the Ravens, and the Steelers.  They could start the season 3-0 and wind up 4-4 at the bye...

...which smells an awful lot like Farverer getting the call around week 7 pending a "mysterious" injury or rash of injuries to the starter and backup.  I'll bet $37 that if the Vikes are no better than 0.500 by the bye, there will be injuries.  It'll be the Childress Desperation Option.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 15:17 »

If I were a betting man, I'd swear Brett Favre would be joining the Vikings in the next few weeks, or at least attempt to join the team in that time frame. ...

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/nfl_tracker/posts/74281-report-unnamed-viking-says-favre-deal-already-done?eref=si_nfl

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 11:00 »

A source close to Brett Favre said the quarterback, pending a physical, will sign a contract with the Minnesota Vikings for between $10 million to $12 million, according to ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Vikings coach Brad Childress confirmed in an e-mail to The Associated Press Tuesday morning that Favre was traveling from Mississippi to meet with the team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4406963
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 11:36 »

Good.  Cuz ESPN was just not covering Favre quite enough up till now...

FavrESPN
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2009 at 11:47 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 11:51 »

I think he got pissed because the coverage switched from the "Favre's retired - or is he?" talk to that minor story about Vick signing with the Eagles.

"What do you mean I'm not leading Sportscenter any more?  What the hell else is there to talk about?  I'm Brett Friggin' Favre!  Fine, I'll 'unretire' again.  Cue up the DVR.  Only way to enjoy TV - all Favre, all the time."

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 11:57 »

Vick's heartwarming and truthful story about how he cried in prison over the regret he felt finally sent Favre over the edge.

I can't wait to watch the Steelers defense tear him up on October 25.  Should I bring a sign? Any ideas? Grin
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 11:59 »

Ya know, somebody who's clever with Photoshop should get a headshot of The Fav-ruh and stick those Vikings horns on it sans the helmet.  Just cut those suckers off and mount 'em straight on his head like devil horns.

Yeah, that's what somebody should do.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 12:00 »

Favre, Favre, Favre, Favre, Vick, Favre, Tiger, Favre, obligatory baseball story du jour, Favre, Favre, Favre, Vick, Favre, Tiger, Favre, Favre.

That's your hour of programming on FavrESPN.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: