Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 20, 2014 at 16:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beer Question  (Read 2407 times)
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 23:51 »

there's a couple local breweries i like here...Brooklyn Lager and the Brooklyn Pennant Pale Ale are my faves and the Six Point Brews are all pretty good.  My all time fave is Sam Smith's Nut Brown Ale, it's from England and is like 4 bucks for a 22 ish size bottle but it's so damn sweet!  the older I get though i am starting to understand the simplicity of Bud in a bottle.  Hopefully the Euros taking them over won't diminish the um..taste.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Aug 01, 2009 at 17:02 »

I don't like the major domestics, but am a fan of many micro-brews.  Alltech brews several beers down here, including a bourbon barrel ale that they age in old bourbon barrels.  Very tasty, though, as always, better on tap than in the bottle.

I like my Guinness, some Leinenkugels (sp?), but my fave is a hard cider from England called Strongbow.  A little sweeter than beer, but also not as frothy.  And about 5 1/2% alcohol, so when people say it's a girly drink, I just smile and keep drinking.

I can't even drink Bud, Bud Light, Miller, etc. anymore.  Even if it's free.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Aug 01, 2009 at 17:12 »

Smithwicks is good.  Still haven't tried Sam Smith's...  Bud gives me the screamers, as does Busch, although I could theoretically stomach Miller and the rest.

Troeg's Summer Pils is 5.3%, with some sweet/floral but nicely balanced with some tart/hoppy.  IMO, the perfect summer beer.  Not bad with some citrus slices in it, but more than OK without.

http://www.troegs.com/beers_sunshine.htm

The Hopback (thank you Mike and Lori) was a birthday party contribution, and it's got a real nice hoppy hit, but it's not something that you really acclimate to.  It's 6%, so it's a sipper, too.

http://www.troegs.com/beers_hopback.htm

Their Oatmeal Stout is 6.8%, and frankly, it's thicker, heartier, darker, chewier, more everything than Guinness.  Football season, nothing beats it.  Drink your dinner, honey.

http://www.troegs.com/oatmealstout.htm

The Pale Ale may be my favorite all-around.  It's 5.4%.  I like how they have the hop bitterness scale, which provides only relative sense of bitterness since I have no clue what an IBU is. 

http://www.troegs.com/beers_pale.htm

A friend of mine works for them now, not that it gets me any free beer.  Dammit. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
The Emperor

« Reply #13 on: Aug 01, 2009 at 17:39 »

My favorite was Murphy's Irish Amber, but I have not been able to find it for several years now.  I can find the stout, but it's not the same.  I also like Harps.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
Gnutella
YO!
N00b

Pittsburgh: Super Bowl capital of the world!

« Reply #14 on: Aug 02, 2009 at 04:07 »

Psychostick - BEER!

headbang
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2009 at 04:12 by Gnutella » Logged

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Aug 02, 2009 at 06:39 »

there's a couple local breweries i like here...Brooklyn Lager and the Brooklyn Pennant Pale Ale

Fuck Brooklyn Brewery.  Motherfuckers support the stadium.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #16 on: Aug 02, 2009 at 15:33 »

Psychostick - BEER!

That could be the theme song for the Idiocracy!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Aug 02, 2009 at 21:50 »

Caffrey's Irish Ale was my favorite until those fuckers from Coors made sure it wasnt available in the US anymore.

But other than that, i dont care what kind of beer I drink.  Anything costing more than $15 a case is all right with me.  less taste?? who gives a crap...just drink more

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Joetorious

« Reply #18 on: Aug 03, 2009 at 10:17 »

Guiness, Stella, Fullers London Porter, Heinekin, Yuengling....not averse to traditional domestics, but just don't like 'em as much as I did in college. I'll never turn down anything ranging from Coors Light to a Natty Light (just saw a Natty commercial for the time ever), but am grateful for the person who poors me any of the five favs.

Finny - I had some Troegs when I first moved to Richmond a few years ago. Not bad. I have some Troegs pilsner glasses at the homestead to remind me of the occassion.

Edit: I have some Brooklyn Brewery glasses as well. Can't remember if the beer was any good, but the glasses are aight.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Aug 03, 2009 at 10:32 »

Stuff on tap is so much better.

No question.  Even mediocre beer is better on tap.  One reason I like Guiness is because the sealed bottle/can gives it a very similar taste to the tap.

My all time fave is Sam Smith's Nut Brown Ale,

Tried it for the first time this weekend, and it was excellent! 

I like to try the microbrews around town, although I've never really found one that was a "favorite."  I usually take in a sampler if I'm in a place that has a wide micro selection.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: