Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 23:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor flying  (Read 2167 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Jul 31, 2009 at 17:24 »

Just got a text message from the bro-in-law (and yes, he's sober...he hasn't made it to the downtown bars yet).

Supposedly, a private driver is claiming that he dropped Michael Vick off at the Steelers offices this afternoon.

Anyone heard anything about this?  Prolly just an average Joe getting a rumor started, but interesting nonetheless.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 17:57 »

Mike Vick is the new Elvis.  He's been spotted in every NFL team's closest airport, or choking down a dog at some street vendor's... err, hot dog, I mean... or whatever.

I would put the odds of Vick as a Steeler above those of Finny as a Steeler, but just barely.  And if I weren't a fuckin' head on a pillow, maybe I'd have the edge.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 18:02 »

Wexell said

"espn reported Vick at airport? Hilarious! Not a shred of truth. Stake my rep on it."

Next it'll be a real-estate agent's cleaning lady who overheard a phone conversation with an apartment-searching Vick.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 18:33 »

Vick was here, helping me put my new grill together today. Then he suggested I change an O-ring while I had my DE pool filter apart. All the while, playing with Guinness.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 20:25 »

Tifwiw, the media asked Tomlin today if he spoke to Michael Vick and Tomlin did not exactly deny that he talked to Vick.  While that obviously doesn't mean he will sign with the Steelers, I wouldn't be shocked to learn that he was in Pittsburgh today.

From the official site...

http://news.steelers.com/article/106494/
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2009 at 20:37 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 23:44 »

Wexell said

"espn reported Vick at airport? Hilarious! Not a shred of truth. Stake my rep on it."

Gee, that must mean it's totally false then. Everyone knows Jim Wexell.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2009 at 00:25 »

Could Michael Vick become a Steeler?

Coach Mike Tomlin didn't rule out the possibility today saying only that he would not discuss free agents.

"I'll say this," Tomlin said after the Steelers opened camp with their traditional run test. "We'll be prudent and do our due diligence as far as exploring people that could potentially help us win, guys who can throw, run, catch, block, tackle on a professional level. I'm just focused on the Steelers that are here and not interested in discussing potential free agents."

Vick, the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback, was recently released from prison after serving almost two years for dog fighting charges. A caller to ESPN radio today claimed he had picked up Vick at Pittsburgh International Ariport in his cab and driven him to the Steelers' practice facility in the South Side.

There isn't any indication that the Steelers met with or worked out Vick today and Tomlin said, "I'm in Latrobe and everybody else in our organization is."

Before Vick's fall from grace, he had been the top running quarterback in the league. Several Steelers veterans said they would have no problem with the team signing Vick and added that he deserves a second chance because he has paid his debt to society.

"We'd welcome him with open arms," inside linebacker James Farrior said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/viewfromthepressbox/

The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Aug 01, 2009 at 11:23 »

Patriots Pal
http://blog.theredzone.org/ViewItem.asp?Entry=2279

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Aug 01, 2009 at 12:25 »

Beauty.

Killah and the Cheats.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jcharding
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #9 on: Aug 01, 2009 at 22:43 »

Rumor shot itself down:

"Editor's note: It looks like I should stick to covering the Miami Dolphins and stop worrying about other teams in the division. Mike Reiss, the most respected reporter in the New England area, is reporting that Vick was not in New England and will not be in New England. If Reiss reports it, I'll take it as gospel. I'll now attempt to get down to the bottom of the inaccuracy of my sources. My sincere apologies for any waves I caused as a result of this report"

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/rollout/2009/07/source-vick-currently-working-out-for-patriots.html

I don't need no stinking avatar!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: