Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 19:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bridgeville, PA shooting  (Read 1339 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Aug 05, 2009 at 15:13 »

Looks like the same content, but the original site I liked is down now.

Shame.  Seemed like such a sweet fellow.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Aug 05, 2009 at 15:38 »

Did anyone else catch this?

August 3, 2009 (Day 7 of Chantix):
I took off today, Monday, and tomorrow to practice my routine and make sure it is well polished. I need to work out every detail, there is only one shot. Also I need to be completely immersed into something before I can be successful. I haven't had a drink since Friday at about 2:30. Total effort needed. Tomorrow is the big day.

Unfortunately I talked to my neighbor today, who is very positive and upbeat. I need to remain focused and absorbed COMPLETELY. Last time I tried this, in January, I chickened out. Lets see how this new approach works.

Maybe soon, I will see God and Jesus. At least that is what I was told. Eternal life does NOT depend on works. If it did, we will all be in hell. Christ paid for EVERY sin, so how can I or you be judged BY GOD for a sin when the penalty was ALREADY paid. People judge but that does not matter. I was reading the Bible and The Integrity of God beginning yesterday, because soon I will see them.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Aug 05, 2009 at 15:52 »

Wonder if this guy ever posted on the ESPN boards...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Aug 05, 2009 at 16:23 »

Wonder if this guy ever posted on the ESPN boards...

Was Bud Tarken's wife named Pam?
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Aug 05, 2009 at 18:39 »

Did anyone else catch this?

August 3, 2009 (Day 7 of Chantix):
I took off today, Monday, and tomorrow to practice my routine and make sure it is well polished. I need to work out every detail, there is only one shot. Also I need to be completely immersed into something before I can be successful. I haven't had a drink since Friday at about 2:30. Total effort needed. Tomorrow is the big day.

Unfortunately I talked to my neighbor today, who is very positive and upbeat. I need to remain focused and absorbed COMPLETELY. Last time I tried this, in January, I chickened out. Lets see how this new approach works.

Maybe soon, I will see God and Jesus. At least that is what I was told. Eternal life does NOT depend on works. If it did, we will all be in hell. Christ paid for EVERY sin, so how can I or you be judged BY GOD for a sin when the penalty was ALREADY paid. People judge but that does not matter. I was reading the Bible and The Integrity of God beginning yesterday, because soon I will see them.

Nice one, Oat!

Someone posted a picture of him.  Wasn't an unattractive guy.  He must've been one seriously weird customer is he hadn't had sex in over 20 years.

What a tragedy in all respects.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #15 on: Aug 05, 2009 at 22:46 »

Day 35 of Chantix, thank you very much.   :rolleyes:

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 10:32 »

The nut was living in the area where I was born (Scott Township) and it occured directly down the street from where I grew up (Nevillewood).  None of the names sound familiar, including the shooter.  Although the neighbors interviewed are familiar and I do know people who attend that gym.

It's very strange, the last two civilian rampage killings in the Pittsburgh area have occured in my neck of the woods.  First, it was Baumhammers and now this scumbag.  It's just a shame that instead of killing themselves, these type of people want to take others down with them because they couldn't hack it in life.  They have to blame others for their own failures.

RIP to the murdered.
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #17 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 12:24 »

Great article today about Pittsburgh and the past 6 months. Strangely enough, I was in Pittsburgh the weekend that the three cops were shot, only about 6-7 miles away from where it happened.
I prefer to focus on the Super Bowl and Stanley Cup...

Through highs and lows, Pittsburgh a city of resilience

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09219/989248-55.stm#ixzz0NW7T39My

We ecstatically waved Terrible Towels and sadly witnessed terrible events.

In victory, we lifted a championship cup above our heads. In despair, we raised our arms to the heavens.

We screamed with joy and wailed in horror.

All in the span of six months.

Between Feb. 1, when the Pittsburgh Steelers won the Super Bowl, and Tuesday, when a gunman killed three women, wounded nine others and committed suicide in a Collier gym, the region has experienced a dizzying dance between the highest highs and lowest lows.

In an entire year, one or two of the events would be exceptional. To have them occur in half a year is stunning.

It began with the Super Bowl victory. In its wake, an estimated 300,000 joyous fans attended a Downtown parade Feb. 3 to celebrate the team's sixth NFL championship.

But any residual happiness evaporated April 4 when three Pittsburgh police officers were ambushed and killed responding to a domestic call in Stanton Heights.

Community sadness gave way to civic pride nearly two months later when the White House announced Pittsburgh would be the site of the G-20 summit Sept. 24-25. And then only 12 days later, on June 9, British magazine The Economist declared Pittsburgh the most livable city in the United States -- and 29th worldwide.

The positive feeling continued. Regional glee transformed into exultation three days later when the Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup. On June 15, an estimated 350,000 fans honored their heroes with yet another championship parade Downtown.

And then, Tuesday's shooting rampage at the LA Fitness center in Collier swept the region back again from triumph to tragedy.

Pulitzer Prize-winning author David McCullough said in a telephone interview that the events say nothing about his hometown per se, but are examples of the human condition being dramatically exposed in an unusual clustering.

"My initial reaction is that Pittsburgh is a big city and big cities are always going to be a turbulent mix of good and bad, hopeful and discouraging, exciting and heartbreaking.

"We're human beings. We are full of ecstasy and tragedy and accomplishment. Pittsburgh is a confluence point of virtue and evil, success and failure.

"The human story is vibrant in Pittsburgh and always has been. I'm talking from a very biased position, a love of that city, and I thank my lucky stars I grew up there and still have family connections there and am proud of it."

Such Pittsburgh pride is why the region reacts so intensely, whether the event is one of joy or sadness, said Rabbi Jamie Gibson, of Temple Sinai in Squirrel Hill.

"We are a community with strong ethnic, religious, neighborhood ties. To go Downtown for a parade honoring the Steelers or Penguins is a joy. When we have to come and give support, aid and love to bounce back from tragedy, it does take a toll after a while, and yet Pittsburgh has shown tremendous resilience."

Allegheny County Executive Dan Onorato said the region is like one big neighborhood "that pulls together in good times and bad times. That's what makes our community so great, the unique ability to celebrate together and to help our neighbors when sad times are here."

Bishop David Zubik, of the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh, said the events of the past six months are a microcosm of life in general -- there is good and there is bad as well.

"I think those contrasts are so very real. It is what life really is. These are the extremes -- extreme joy and extreme struggles. It does say something that we had two major sporting victories in the same year. It says something that we went through two very deep community tragedies with April 4 and on Tuesday."

But, Bishop Zubik said, the area's character is the key to its ability to keep moving forward.

"We know hard work, we know the hard work it took to build this city and keep it going, and we know the great deal of work it takes to look for the sunshine in the midst of clouds.

"You see the goodness here. When the tragedies of April 4 or Aug. 4 happened, people came together. You see that as well with the exuberance of celebrating the Super Bowl and the Stanley Cup."

Whatever else fate holds in store for us, Pittsburgh will persevere, he said.

"I know that in the depths of my soul."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09219/989248-55.stm#ixzz0NW7AUCRt

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 13:44 »

It has definately been a strange six months in our city.  An emotional roller coaster for sure. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: