Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 30, 2014 at 17:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stapleton injured?  (Read 1213 times)
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Aug 05, 2009 at 15:56 »

OK, move Colon to guard...

Oh, never mind.

I went over to Lolley's blog and it's all speculation on there for now. But the post is old so he may have been on the radio and said that.

I dunno. Unless someone like Foster or Legursky steps up, there's no fucking way we can go into the season with Parquet or Urbik as our primary backup at guard. We'd have to go in search of a FA.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 23:14 »

Steelers guard Darnell Stapleton will undergo arthroscopic knee surgery this morning. Coach Mike Tomlin said it is unknown how long Stapleton, who underwent an MRI on Monday for swelling in his right knee, will be sidelined.

"We're going to clean it up and kind of go from there," Tomlin said following Thursday's practice.

Asked about a time frame for Stapleton's recovery, Tomlin replied, "We'll see."

Stapleton started the final 15 games at right guard last season. Trai Essex is running with the first-team in Stapleton's absence.

"I want Darnell to get back," said Essex, a versatile lineman who signed a two-year deal in the offseason. "I'm well aware of this opportunity ahead of me. Right now, it's a competition. I've still got (rookie) Kraig Urbik fighting for the same position. It is a great opportunity for me. I'm going full-force ahead trying to grab it."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_637169.html

Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 08:05 »

If it's nothing serious, then arthro usually means about 4 weeks, right? Prolly good news.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #13 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 09:05 »

If it's nothing serious, then arthro usually means about 4 weeks, right? Prolly good news.

I think getting knees scoped becomes routine for some of these guys.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 14:10 »

The Steelers worked out two free agent centers today at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe as they brace for bad news on the injured left knee of Darnell Stapleton.

Alex Stepanovich, a six-year veteran who played for the Atlanta Falcons last season, and rookie Alex Derenthal of Temple both worked out for the team today. However, both left the Saint Vincent campus at mid-afternoon, heading back to the Pittsburgh airport.

Stepanovich, who played at Ohio State and was a fourth-round draft pick and former starter of the Arizona Cardinals, was released by the Falcons in June. Derenthal signed as an undrafted rookie with the New York Giants, but was released before the start of their training camp.

Stapleton had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee and while neither the team nor coach Mike Tomlin have said anything, the word going around training camp is that the offensive lineman could be lost for the season. Stapleton became the starting right guard last season but was playing center at the start of training camp because of a toe injury to Justin Hartwig.

Tomlin said that Hartwig should be ready to resume practice soon. The Steelers have only two healthy centers, first-year pro Doug Legursky and rookie A.Q. Shipley, neither of whom have played in an NFL regular-season game.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09219/989347-66.stm#ixzz0NWfMJBS1
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 14:19 »

Stepanovich sucks.  Derenthal was in the running for the Rimington, but got cut by the Giants before camp.  Fact is, we're looking for camp bodies.  You promote Legs and Q to run the first team, you need someone to drill the scrubs.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Aug 08, 2009 at 09:20 »

Some good news on Stapleton...

Coach Mike Tomlin said after practice last night at Latrobe Stadium that Stapleton will miss "a couple of weeks" after arthroscopic surgery on his left knee yesterday.

Tomlin called it "exploratory surgery" and said they would let him rest for two weeks and see how his body responds. Tomlin ruled out placing Stapleton on injured reserve, which would end his season.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09220/989535-66.stm#ixzz0NbL1FZRR
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: