Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 23:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers sign Stepanovich  (Read 749 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Aug 10, 2009 at 11:11 »

Steelers sign Stepanovich at center
Monday, August 10, 2009
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers said today that the team has signed center Alex Stepanovich, a six-year veteran who played for the Atlanta Falcons last season.

Stepanovich, who played at Ohio State and was a fourth-round draft pick and former starter for the Arizona Cardinals, was released by the Falcons in June.

Center Justin Hartwig has not been practicing because of a toe injury. Darnell Stapleton, who became the starting right guard last season but had been playing center since the start of training camp, had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee last week.

The Steelers released defensive lineman Jordan Reffett to make room for Stepanovich on the roster.

The Steelers have only two healthy centers, first-year pro Doug Legursky and rookie A.Q. Shipley, neither of whom has played in an NFL regular-season game.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09222/989899-66.stm#ixzz0NnTsF7IF
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2009 at 11:29 »

Enjoy Latrobe, Alex.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2009 at 12:41 »

Kinda surprised he was available.  He was a pretty decent player last season for ATL.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2009 at 13:52 »

Step as a body to give Legs and Q a rest, okay.

Ref had good size for a 3-4 DE.  He wasn't making the team but had a good camp last year. 

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2009 at 14:56 »

To me, Stepanovich is Legurski with a better college career on his resume as well as a history of injury. But it makes me wonder just how bad Hartwig's foot is.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Steeltrapmike
N00b

« Reply #5 on: Aug 10, 2009 at 15:41 »

Step missed 12 games last year with ATL, and played mostly special team. I did see in that Examiner that, he played guard in college. Could he become Essex's backup while Stapelton is out?

Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 10, 2009 at 16:00 »

Step missed 12 games last year with ATL, and played mostly special team. I did see in that Examiner that, he played guard in college. Could he become Essex's backup while Stapelton is out?

He played guard? I remember him as the Buckeye starting center. Am I thinking of the right guy?

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: