Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 22, 2014 at 23:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor flying  (Read 2269 times)
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #20 on: Aug 12, 2009 at 14:54 »

I'm serious, I will pack up all my Steeler stuff, and there's a shitload of it in my house, and ship it to Mr. Rooney if he signs Vick. This would ruin football for me.

really?   :huh:

They've made some disagreeable choices in the past but I would find it hard to have these words leave my lips...btw, I'm not for it, I think he's highly overrated.  Minimally exciting sometimes but definitely not someone I'd pine for to wear the colors.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Aug 12, 2009 at 16:02 »

I'm serious, I will pack up all my Steeler stuff, and there's a shitload of it in my house, and ship it to Mr. Rooney if he signs Vick. This would ruin football for me.

really?   :huh:

They've made some disagreeable choices in the past but I would find it hard to have these words leave my lips...btw, I'm not for it, I think he's highly overrated.  Minimally exciting sometimes but definitely not someone I'd pine for to wear the colors.

Absolutely. And I'm not trying to convince anyone to do the same. I'm not gonna judge anyone. If you want to keep watching the and rooting for the Steelers, I'm coll with it. I'm not gonna grab a sign and picket the stadium or anything. I would just root for another team. We all have our limits.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Aug 12, 2009 at 16:19 »

I just can't see the Steelers signing Vick.  I've got no problem if they do, as Vick has done his time and I'm gonna let the guy move on with his profession. 

He's two years out of football, the Steelers have a good young QB in Dixon, and I don't think there is much cap room (extension needed for Jeff Reed). 

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #23 on: Aug 12, 2009 at 16:42 »

Collier actually made a good point in his chat today, and for once it wasn't surrounded by 7 paragraphs of flub. He said he thinks that because of Tomlin's and the Steeler's ties to Dungy, they weren't going to come out and flat say "no fucking way" so they threw a bone out there to kind of help out the situation. Also, Vick is from Tomlin's hometown. I sure they want to look like good guys and make it seem like they are trying to get a rehabilitating individual back on his feet.

There's no fucking way they sign Vick.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #24 on: Aug 12, 2009 at 21:24 »

I sure they want to look like good guys and make it seem like they are trying to get a rehabilitating individual back on his feet.
Good point.

There's no fucking way they sign Vick.

Absofuckinglutely not.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: