Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 23, 2014 at 23:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Reasons the Steelers WON'T Repeat  (Read 2876 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Aug 12, 2009 at 22:08 »

Wow that's bad.  For starters, I never really like the why teams won't be successful articles.  I could write 32 articles giving reasons why every team won't win, then after the SB claim I was right 96% of the time as 31 out of 32 predictioins came true.  Go out on a limb and tell me why some team will win.

Some other gems other than those already mentioned:

There is no depth on the roster in the WR position, and considering they do not have solid options at the No. 3 and 4 slots, this could be disastrous with Hines Ward's injury issues. Santonio Holmes will need to step up this season with the departure of Nate Washington,

Won't argue the depth pont - yet.  But Hines' injury history?  WTF?  Maybe I'm mistaken but I don't recall Hines ever missing a significant number of games in any season - ever.  Dude came back from a friggin appendectomy in 2 weeks.  Departure of Nate Washington?  Nice #3, had his moments, but isn't exactly like losing Jerry Rice in his prime.

The secondary, with the loss of Bryant McFadden this year, has only declined. Now relying on players such as Deshea Townsend, William Gay, Ike Taylor

Again, McFadden is a good corner, but was the regular starter for one season?  And the dude hasn't seen William Gay play yet apparently.

Thin at Running Back

Whatever.

Key Offseason Losses

...Bryant McFadden, WR Nate Washington, ILB Larry Foote, QB Byron Leftwich, andS Anthony Smith.

Ha Ha, joke's on me.  Got to this line and realized this guy has to be kidding - Or kidding himself at least - to put Anthony Smith in the same paragraph as the phrase "key offseason losses."

The Departure of Dan Rooney
For the first time in nearly four decades, the team isn't being steered by Rooney, after he was appointed U.S. Ambassador to Ireland. The Steelers haven't won a championship without his guidance and direction, and I see no reason for that to change now.

Wha...?  news flash - Steelers haven't won without a Rooney in charge.  Their record without a Rooney - 0-0.  Plus, I'm sure ol' Dan's gonna be really tied up for months with those intense US-Ireland peace talks.  I understand they're still pretty pissed about the whole Notre Dame mascot issue.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 08:00 »

Yeah, it's not like the transition from Dan to Junior has been going on over the past how many years now, anyway...  Sheeeeesh...

Anthony Smith?!?  Maybe I should read the article.  Need a good laugh in the morning...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 08:14 »

2 of my favorite words in a single post.  Well done.  Except of course for the later Pac 10 comment, I went to AZ State and we'll see how little Jack Elway does in the next couple years...

Sorry man...I'm down south in SEC country, so I feel a geographical obligation to blast all things PAC-10!  Grin  Although I'd say that my spite is mostly for USC and UCLA more than the rest of the league.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 11:17 »

Maybe we should send this link to him:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9919766/These-teams-will-challenge-Lions-for-futility-in-'09

I'd LMAO if the Browns went 0-fer.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #24 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 15:39 »

no offence at all taken.  I'm like a gang member sweating people over their shitty piece of turf, defensive about it because the only sports my school competes well in seem to be golf and women's softball.   Sad

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: