Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 20, 2014 at 17:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 ... 5 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweed  (Read 3679 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Aug 13, 2009 at 19:58 »

Great catch on the first ball and then comes back on the 2nd ball for a 44 yard gain...nice!

Mendenhall look sgood as well...

Brinker

Oh the wife, who is more of a dog lover than I am, and is from Philly, has just stated that no philly games will be televised in the Brinker house...

50 yard FG by Reed...

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Gobo Fraggle

« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 20:22 »

Thank the Lord that the Mitch Berger-Paul Ernster era is over!!!!!!  Protect Sepulveda at all costs.

WTF is a Fraggle?
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 20:42 »

Sweed does look good.

Burnett with the fumble on the punt return...man how hard is it to find someone to hold on to the ball and have half-way decent returns??
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 21:05 »

Also, FWIW I'm elated/ecstatic/thrilled to have Sepulveda back...never thought I'd have that much love for a punter, but damn...I was getting really tired of watching 18-27 yard ducks last season.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 06:50 »

Minus the dropped pass on the Cards eight in the third quarter which would have led to a first down, Sweed looked good.  While it's still early, I was not impressed with Mendenhall last night.  9 carries for 24 yards is not exactly something to write home about. 

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 08:03 »

Minus the dropped pass on the Cards eight in the third quarter which would have led to a first down, Sweed looked good.  While it's still early, I was not impressed with Mendenhall last night.  9 carries for 24 yards is not exactly something to write home about. 

Mandenhall can't run...   if the line keeps doing this.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 08:06 »

Sweed looked good in getting open, but that drop shouldn't have happened. It was just like the one he dropped on the bomb last year. He should have laid out for it intead of trying to catch it on the run. If I was the coaches, I'd stick him fifteen yards away from Ben and tell Ben to throw a hundred passes to one side or the other and force Sweed to dive for them.

Mendy looked tentative to me. I wonder if he's still thinking about the shoulder.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 08:49 »

Great catch on the first ball and then comes back on the 2nd ball for a 44 yard gain...nice!

Brinker

Oh the wife, who is more of a dog lover than I am, and is from Philly, has just stated that no philly games will be televised in the Brinker house...

50 yard FG by Reed...

I don't understand what appears to be the majority feeling about Vick, based on the headlines and stuff in the Philly papers this morning.

I think 2 years in prison and losing however many millions by not playing and "community service" or whatever he is doing with the humane society constitutes serving his debt to society. 

If he was participating in a cock fighting ring (not that kind of fighting or ring, Otis), nobody would care, but because everyone treats their own dogs like the messiah, he should spend life in prison?  Isn't the purpose of prison to rehabilitate?  How does society know if he has been rehabilitated if he isn't given a 2nd chance?

Release the hounds

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 09:02 »

Brinker

50 yard FG by Reed...

I don't understand what appears to be the majority feeling about Vick, based on the headlines and stuff in the Philly papers this morning.

I think 2 years in prison and losing however many millions by not playing and "community service" or whatever he is doing with the humane society constitutes serving his debt to society. 

If he was participating in a cock fighting ring (not that kind of fighting or ring, Otis), nobody would care, but because everyone treats their own dogs like the messiah, he should spend life in prison?  Isn't the purpose of prison to rehabilitate?  How does society know if he has been rehabilitated if he isn't given a 2nd chance?

Release the hounds

The dog-fighting wasn't Mr. Mexico's first deplorable act.  And like it or not, we segregate our perception of what's acceptable, with having hundreds of dogs rip each other to shreds and/or being electrocuted at one end of the continuum, and squashing a roach at the other, for instance.  I for one don't have a problem with that, but I'm not a Buddhist.  The thing I would ask is what kind of mindset it takes to engage in this kind of activity; the well-known serial correlation to animal cruelty notwithstanding, I see this less as an issue of Vick having made an "error" for which he needs feign "repentance," and more an issue of someone who is fundamentally fucked up and THEE leading candidate to go OJ ten, twenty years downstream.  Dungy looked into his eyes with probably the same psychological acumen that Cowher looked into Zo's, and all the "give a brother a chance" stuff is fine, 'cept I'm not buying. 

Vick just ain't good people.

Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #9 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 09:07 »

Ok here is the reason --he killed dogs.  By electrocution, drowning and smashing them into the ground.  And he did it for 7 years.  He did not go out and get hammered and decide to drive and kill someone.  He was killing animals for 7 years.  And why, because they could not perform in his eyes.  That is sick demented behavior.  Now that being said he has paid his debt to society...but is he rehabilited, I doubt it.  I think everyone needs to see some genuine remorse in his eyes.  We shall see what he has to say on 60 Minutes Sunday night.
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/11/21/virginia-charges-reveal-michael-vick-put-family-dogs-into-pit/

« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2009 at 09:10 by Brinker » Logged

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 09:12 »

I think everyone needs to see some genuine remorse in his eyes.

Acting: so easy, a caveman can do it!

Stand by my comments, above, on "looking into someone's eyes" to discern fucked-up-edness.  You can look into Suzy Crotchrot's baby blues under the moonlight, by the lake, and see she's all misty, and think things are going smoothly, and it could all turn out to be a case of allergy meds or something.

We shall see what he has to say on 60 Minutes Sunday night.

I hope they ask about the Ron Mexico incident, too.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 09:17 »

Anyway, re-jacking this thread to its title subject, got home late and watched the 1H through tired eyes.  Will re-watch in entirety tonight.

Thought Sweed's 2 1H catches were tremendous, taking the hit over the middle in traffic, and coming back on the underthrow.  Understand he had a 2H drop; oh well.  The guy looks, I dunno, more muscular, more confident, and as SDW said, like Plax, but without the shooting of one's own leg idiocy.  Curious to see Wallace, and heard that MacDonald dominated the scrubs, as well he should have: might have been more an eval on Dixon, then, than SM.  Sweed may be Nate+, but I'll reserve judgment on going as far as SDW's bold prediction.

In any event, I think we're set 5 deep at wideout, and after 1 PS game I think the other guys can't do much to crack that.  Why bother with 6? 

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 09:21 »

Not everyone in the good ol' USA grows up in an environment where dogs are cuddly critters that fetch your slippers. I'm sure the gay Dachshund at our place gets treated a little differently than the dogs that wander the streets in East St. Louis. Not that any of them should be electrocuted...just sayin'.

I wouldn't watch rabid weasels fight. Not into hunting, even though where I'm from, it's a big deal. The best part of hunting season was all those extra ladies at the bar. I will admit to eating a number of beavers over the years, and I have no remorse

Anyway, I heard that Fat Andy is gonna put a shock collar on Vick. It's all about performance...and money.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 09:33 »

Ok here is the reason --he killed dogs.  By electrocution, drowning and smashing them into the ground.  And he did it for 7 years.  He did not go out and get hammered and decide to drive and kill someone.  He was killing animals for 7 years.  And why, because they could not perform in his eyes.  That is sick demented behavior.  Now that being said he has paid his debt to society...but is he rehabilited, I doubt it.  I think everyone needs to see some genuine remorse in his eyes.  We shall see what he has to say on 60 Minutes Sunday night.
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/11/21/virginia-charges-reveal-michael-vick-put-family-dogs-into-pit/

Those acts are definitely committed by someone screwed up in the head, no doubt.  And, I'm not saying he is rehabilitated, but at some point he does deserve an opportunity to show that he is.  Hopefully, interacting with dogs in a different way, will have a positive effect.

So, Brinker, and others, what is more appropriate for Vick?  More prison time, or being banned,for life, from NFL.

Didn't mean to jack the thread, but this was going to come up at some point.

Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #14 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 09:53 »

I am conflicted.  I guess I can hope that he plays in the NFL and donates a significant portion of his salary to the Humane society.  He would also need to talk to people in the community abouy how he was wrong, how dogfighting is wrong.  Maybe from a negative there can be a positive.  No matter what happens, it will not be forgotten in many peoples eyes.  You can forgive to a certain extent, but that depends on what exactly he says and does.

Brinker

Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #15 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 10:01 »

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 10:23 »

Quote from: Oat
Not everyone in the good ol' USA grows up in an environment where dogs are cuddly critters that fetch your slippers.

Understood.  In some parts of the country, the KKK still holds rallies, and in some parts it's probably more acceptable to marry your cousin than to believe in evolution.  If you don't like the greatest country on Earth, Otis, get the fuck out!

Quote from: Dog Hatin' Virg
So, Brinker, and others, what is more appropriate for Vick?  More prison time, or being banned,for life, from NFL.

He's paid his dues, fine.  I don't think more prison or a lifetime NFL ban is necessary, however distasteful Vick's actions.  But NFL teams are under no obligation whatsoever to facilitate Vick's financial and career resurrection: plenty of talented young kids coming up every year, and the hyperbole about how great Vick is really overlooks the fact that when Mike Vick is presented with "DEFENSES," he reads it as "FEDNSE."  Aside from not reading defenses, really, his passing career was thanks to Algae Crumpler.  Horrible completion percentage and passer rating.  Great QB on the run, but how long will that last for a guy who's 29 and spent a couple years in jail?  

What's appropriate for Vick?  Teams can decide for themselves.  They have.  Personally, I see the Eagles decision as bad from a personnel standpoint, a team psychology standpoint, and a huge gaffe as a PR standpoint.  But I'm not the man signing the check.  Not saying Vick shouldn't make a living or whatever; karma's not for me to decide.  I'm sure there will be a dog-and-pony show with the 60 Minutes piece and other media shit, and he'll speak to kids about how dogs are swell and we shouldn't hurt them, and a few years from now he'll be the same Ronnie Mexico we all know and adore, fucking up again. 

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 11:03 »

So, based on the numbers in Brinker's post, it goes on (dog fighting), it is known, it is cruel and indogane (like inhumane).  But, it is a class D felony.  If Vick was not an NFL commodity, he would have been sentenced to 3 months, max.  And as far as dog killin goes, isn't it a common practice at dog tracks, or performed by people that race grey hounds?  I know tracks are scrutinized, but those breeders kill dozens of dogs for every decent race dog they get.  Not saying it is right or acceptable, I'm just sayin.

Like Otis mentioned, to people that hunt, don't really give a rip about dogs, or aren't animal lovers, they think he more than paid his dues.  People and the media cry out after he signs with the team, because it is PC, and they will be abundant for a few weeks but a week or three into the season, it will be a non-issue among the majority, IMHO.

*BV looks around for the family mutt.  Surely it must be time for a smack down*   JUST KIDDING.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 11:11 »

People and the media cry out after he signs with the team, because it is PC...

Thanks for clarifying.  I thought the PC position was the redemption angle Dungy and Rev. Jesse were selling.

So glad to know I'm politically correct!

Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #19 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 11:29 »

If Vick was not an NFL commodity, he would have been sentenced to 3 months, max.

How do you figure that?

He fought and killed dogs for 7 years...

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 12:35 »

Mendy looked tentative to me.

That's what I thought last night.  Get a few more preseason games under his belt and hopefully he's fine.  I was not impressed last night though.  Every time he was touched he went down.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 15:34 »

That's what I thought last night.  Get a few more preseason games under his belt and hopefully he's fine.  I was not impressed last night though.  Every time he was touched he went down.

what the hell is this crap?  how dare you hijack an already hijacked thread.  can we get an admin to title this thread Sweed/vick/peta/mendenhall?

as for the game, I was in the third freakin row baby! unfortunatley it was 3 rows from the ceiling and couldnt see shit.  Been checking out 212 to catch a replay on 2 occasions, both of them was Brady vs. the eagles.

But the field looked excellent from the heavens.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Aug 15, 2009 at 09:58 »

If Vick was not an NFL commodity, he would have been sentenced to 3 months, max.

How do you figure that?

That's my guess based on a Class D felony.  He was the poster child for being dog fightin busted and still didn't get max time.  3 years was the max. sentence by law ( I wonder what the average sentence is for people busted for this).  How much time did Vicks cohorts get?  If it wasn't Vick "being made an example of" he would have got Stallworth time.

AJ - LC  Care to weigh in?

I don't know what the right punishment is, I'm just sayin

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2009 at 10:00 by Big Virgil » Logged

leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Aug 15, 2009 at 12:36 »

How do you figure that?

That's my guess based on a Class D felony.  He was the poster child for being dog fightin busted and still didn't get max time.  3 years was the max. sentence by law ( I wonder what the average sentence is for people busted for this).  How much time did Vicks cohorts get?  If it wasn't Vick "being made an example of" he would have got Stallworth time.

AJ - LC  Care to weigh in?

I don't know what the right punishment is, I'm just sayin

Actually, the max for the Federal charge is 5 years.  He was sentenced to 23 months and served 18, I think.
On the Virginia state charge, he was actually sentenced to 3 years but the time was dropped for good behavior.  I don't know much about what the normal sentence is for dog fighting, but would be surprised if this isn't more than most convicted serve.

I do think he was made an example of.  And I feel he's served his time and deserves to get on with his life.  I'm just glad it's not as a Steeler.

When people bitch about Michael Vick - and I in no way condone any part of what he did - I wonder what they think of Donte Stallworth. I have a hard time reconciling his sentence with that of Michael Vick.
I love dogs more than most people, but Stallworth killed a person. While driving drunk.  And he got 23 days.

Give me a break.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Aug 15, 2009 at 13:15 »

People and the media cry out after he signs with the team, because it is PC...

I thought the PC position was the redemption angle Dungy and Rev. Jesse were selling.

I think that's propaganda.

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Aug 16, 2009 at 00:41 »

I feel Vick did his time and good for him.  I'm just happy the Steelers passed on him.  Just because he did his time, doesn't mean I have to respect the man.  IMO, I think the guy is a scumbag who has no remorse.

As for Stallworth, I feel he should still be in jail and never be allowed back in the NFL.  That's just too harsh these days though.  Dat's just crazy talk.  Afterall, he did stop after he killed a man while drunk and stoned...at least he stopped. :rolleyes:

*steps off soapbox 'quickly'*  
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2009 at 00:49 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 07:58 »

I think that's propaganda.

It may be propaganda for Vick and Jesse.  I don't think it's propaganda for Dungy.  He gives every impression of being one of the most real and sincere people about everything that he says and does.  I don't think he would be doing this if he didn't believe in Vick's ability to be a better person.

As for the Stallworth comments, how about Leonard Little?  IIRC, he killed someone in a DUI, served no time, and then got another DUI without a license about a year later.  Never served time and never missed a game.

I do believe that people have the ability to change and be better.  Whether or not Vick has actually done that remains to be seen, but I'm hoping that he succeeds in getting his life together.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 09:35 »

I know this sounds strange, but I'd like to see Vick hug a dog and let it lick his face. I can accept him back in the NFL, but he will be the villain in my eyes until I see him show some affection for dogs. He can talk to kids all he wants about the evils of dogfighting, but I never questioned whether or not he cared for kids in urban neighborhoods. It's his relationship with animals I question. And, by the way, Little and Stallworth will be villains to me no matter what the hell they do.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 10:12 »

The Stallworth case, as I understand it:  Donte gets a $4.75M bonus, decides to go out at 2 a.m. with friends (Braylon Edwards, others) to celebrate.  They order a bottle of Patron and shots.  Donte goes home around 5 a.m., can't sleep, decides to go out for breakfast.  (At some point over the days prior to the accident, Donte also celebrated with some weed, but that timeline's unclear.)

He gets to the accident site, which is a 6-lane highway with a concrete divider.  He's doing 50 in a 40, and is in the far left lane.  He sees Reyes starting to cross and flashes his lights and honks the horn.  Reyes is crossing to catch a bus, though not in the crosswalk, and apparently with the idea of vaulting the concrete barrier.  This business of darting out into traffic is apparently pretty common down there, as waiting for the next bus means having to hang tight for 45 more minutes.  Stallworth thinks Reyes is hesitating to allow his car to pass, but then Reyes comes out when Stallworth can't stop.  Some accounts say Stallworth was not driving as if impaired, despite the .126 BAC.

I question Stallworth not using his brakes instead of signaling Reyes, who may never have heard or seen him.  I'm also not clear as to why the other cars were stopped, unless the signal had just changed.  But let's say it changed, Stallworth is set to go around, makes a bad call on not using the brakes, and it really is just a bad accident.  I can actually buy that.  The BAC and pot make the picture less clear:  Stallworth's about 200#, and given the timing of the accident, he probably had about 8-9 drinks, with a couple of hours to straighten up some.  Doesn't sound like he was raging drunk, like .19, but that's little consolation.  At the very least, the BAC would seem to have made him a little impatient, if not impaired.

On the plus side, he didn't flee the scene.  He called the cops, was very cooperative, and settled with the family without taking it to court.  Seems like the minimum one would expect, but not every NFL player would have done the same.  To whatever degree he was impaired, it does sound to me like he wasn't driving like a maniac -- 50 mph doesn't scream wasted, 90 might have -- and the way the accident unfolded seems to put some portion of the blame on Stallworth and some on Reyes, sadly.  I don't know if Stallworth is genuinely remorseful -- if he "gets it" -- and I certainly put the life of even one human over that of any number of canines.

But the big difference is that Stallworth's incident as a one-off occurrence, and it did involve circumstance.  Yes, the BAC and failure to break put some of the blame on Stallworth, but if you were in his situation and credibly believed the person was stopping, it comes down to a split-second thing where he assumed the pedestrian not going to walk into traffic.  That's a very different set of circumstances from Vick.

Vick was given the choice to kill, or to stop what he was doing, over and over again for a period of FIVE YEARS.  He didn't just let dogs rip each other to death, he also participated in hanging them, and electrocuting them.  It takes a particular mindset to be able to numb out the idea that killing hundreds of dogs this way is wrong.  It's the kind of mindset that a Dahmer or any number of serial killers (who honed their killing chops on animals) might have exhibited.  A hunter values the deer he hunts, but the dog killer sees his kills as worthless, meaningless, just flesh to be bet on and discarded.  (He could have played poker with his buddies, or any number of other ways to amuse himself.)  And even if this activity occurs in some places in America, Vick was exposed to enough people with enough, well, civilization that he should have known better.  You don't think he ACTIVELY hid this from all but his closest dog-fighting buddies?  Why bother, if it's so accepted?  

The other thing is, he lied.  He lied to authorities, he lied to Goodell.  He was betting he could dodge this, with that player sense of entitlement that allows some guys to think they are above the law.

I'm not condoning Stallworth's actions.  He made errors with drinking and driving, with not using the brakes instead of signaling devices.  And the ultimate price is egregious.  But it's an accident.  Whatever the criticism of the law for this sort of thing may be, he didn't choose to do what he did, over and over.

Vick did.  And unlike Stallworth, once the crime occurred, he didn't man up.  Stallworth did.

Put yourself in either man's shoes.  I can see being in Stallworth's; that's human error.  I cannot see being in Vick's; that's just a mindset I cannot fathom.

Vick also had no moral compunction about giving a girl herpes during unprotected sex, when he knew he had the disease, and lying to her about his true identity. See the correlation?  He lies to escape any consequence.  All that matters is not what happens to the victim, but his own cheap pleasure.  No responsibility, no morality.  The only "mistake" in either incident is him getting caught.  Stallworth?  I think he understands his mistakes, and re-thinks what he could have done differently.  I think he feels some measure of interior pain.  Vick, not so much.  

A person with Vick's mindset doesn't have any capacity for empathy.  He can read a script and he can act like he's sorry, but nothing he does from here on would surprise me.  Hence, my prediction he's the athlete most likely to go OJ on us.

Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 10:48 »

It's the kind of mindset that a Dahmer or any number of serial killers (who honed their killing chops on animals) might have exhibited.

That's funny, the wife didn't get to see the 60 Minutes interview, and she asked me what he looked like, and I described his eyes like "Dahlmer eyes". So, we're on the same page as to what we expect. I don't expect Mikey to go out hugging dogs, because I don't think he has it in him to sympathize for the ones he killed. He doesn't care for them at all.

But, I used to fry ants with my magnifying glass when I was a kid because the other kids did it. I wouldn't do it now. I just kill them humanely with chemicals. Just saying, people can change. He might become a dog lover. If he does, I'll be cool with him. hy would I keep holding it over his head at that point? But I don't see that happenenning . I see him doing the "kid's circuit" in which he visits urban kids and lectures them on the the dogfighting "mistake" he made. Don't get caught.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 10:50 »

BTW, Little blew a 0.19, which is very, very drunk.  He also blew a red light.  And didn't learn his lesson, went out DWI again.

Much less gray area with little.  Would it be possible to have the Stallworth incident occur to you when not impaired?  Sure, someone darts out.  The Little incident?  Far less likely.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 10:52 »

It's the kind of mindset that a Dahmer or any number of serial killers (who honed their killing chops on animals) might have exhibited.

That's funny, the wife didn't get to see the 60 Minutes interview, and she asked me what he looked like, and I described his eyes like "Dahlmer eyes". So, we're on the same page as to what we expect. I don't expect Mikey to go out hugging dogs, because I don't think he has it in him to sympathize for the ones he killed. He doesn't care for them at all.

But, I used to fry ants with my magnifying glass when I was a kid because the other kids did it. I wouldn't do it now. I just kill them humanely with chemicals. Just saying, people can change. He might become a dog lover. If he does, I'll be cool with him. hy would I keep holding it over his head at that point? But I don't see that happenenning . I see him doing the "kid's circuit" in which he visits urban kids and lectures them on the the dogfighting "mistake" he made. Don't get caught.

As I said before, there's a continuum of acceptability, from zapping dogs at the wrongest of wrong, down to killing bugs.  Frying ants does not a serial killer make.

And maybe he does rehabilitate himself.  Don't care if he likes dogs, and maybe he really does get it.  But I doubt it.

Anyway.  Limas Sweed looks good.

vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #32 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 12:25 »

what the hell is this crap?  how dare you hijack an already hijacked thread.  can we get an admin to title this thread Sweed/vick/peta/mendenhall?

as for the game, I was in the third freakin row baby! unfortunatley it was 3 rows from the ceiling and couldnt see shit.  Been checking out 212 to catch a replay on 2 occasions, both of them was Brady vs. the eagles.

But the field looked excellent from the heavens.

And about the field. Of course it looked good. It's August. Get a couple of months of 75 games a week being played on it, and things will change. What about some field turf for Heinz Field? Anyone? Anyone?

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #33 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 12:26 »

Oh yeah, I was not impressed at all by Mendenhall Saturday.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 15:54 »

Quote from: CBS Sports tweets
3:22:19 pm Some light-hearted humor in the morning practice. Steelers K Jeff Reed and P Daniel Sepulveda put a frog in WR Limas Sweed's helmet. Apparently Sweed is afraid of frogs.

I can see this will take our thread in a whole new direction...

Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 18:46 »

Dude's afraid of frogs? JHC

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #36 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 19:39 »

Just so long as he's not afraid of tigers and ravens and brownstains then I don't care.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 08:01 »

For anyone interested in animal welfare, The wife and kids are gone this week and I'm "home alone" with dum dum.

evil4     Evil_2     evil7    

give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 08:06 »

3:22:19 pm Some light-hearted humor in the morning practice. Steelers K Jeff Reed and P Daniel Sepulveda put a frog in WR Limas Sweed's helmet. Apparently Sweed is afraid of frogs.

What about the frogs, Mike?  What about the frogs?

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 08:55 »

What about the frogs, Mike?  What about the frogs?

"Frogs?  I don't nothin' about no frogs, man.  I wasn't killin' no frogs, and I don't know no one who was.  Besides, I was at a friend's barbeque when that frog shit happened..."

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 09:37 »

Hmmm.

Well, I don't mean, Mmmmmmmm, just Hmmmm?!?!

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #41 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 13:31 »

Sweed was fine until that day at the natural history museum.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #42 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 17:10 »

Dude's afraid of frogs? JHC

heard on the radio yesterday that Sunday was rookie talent show day.  and cant remember who did the skit, but someone acted out the entire Sheetz incident (at the prodding of Sweed) poking fun of jeff reed and one paper towel dispenser.  heard it included props as well.

guess Reed returned the favor with the old frog in the helmet trick

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Pages: 1 2 ... 5 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: