Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 18:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweed  (Read 4019 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Aug 13, 2009 at 19:58 »

Great catch on the first ball and then comes back on the 2nd ball for a 44 yard gain...nice!

Mendenhall look sgood as well...

Brinker

Oh the wife, who is more of a dog lover than I am, and is from Philly, has just stated that no philly games will be televised in the Brinker house...

50 yard FG by Reed...

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Gobo Fraggle

« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 20:22 »

Thank the Lord that the Mitch Berger-Paul Ernster era is over!!!!!!  Protect Sepulveda at all costs.

WTF is a Fraggle?
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 20:42 »

Sweed does look good.

Burnett with the fumble on the punt return...man how hard is it to find someone to hold on to the ball and have half-way decent returns??
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 21:05 »

Also, FWIW I'm elated/ecstatic/thrilled to have Sepulveda back...never thought I'd have that much love for a punter, but damn...I was getting really tired of watching 18-27 yard ducks last season.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 06:50 »

Minus the dropped pass on the Cards eight in the third quarter which would have led to a first down, Sweed looked good.  While it's still early, I was not impressed with Mendenhall last night.  9 carries for 24 yards is not exactly something to write home about. 

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 08:03 »

Minus the dropped pass on the Cards eight in the third quarter which would have led to a first down, Sweed looked good.  While it's still early, I was not impressed with Mendenhall last night.  9 carries for 24 yards is not exactly something to write home about. 

Mandenhall can't run...   if the line keeps doing this.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 08:06 »

Sweed looked good in getting open, but that drop shouldn't have happened. It was just like the one he dropped on the bomb last year. He should have laid out for it intead of trying to catch it on the run. If I was the coaches, I'd stick him fifteen yards away from Ben and tell Ben to throw a hundred passes to one side or the other and force Sweed to dive for them.

Mendy looked tentative to me. I wonder if he's still thinking about the shoulder.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 08:49 »

Great catch on the first ball and then comes back on the 2nd ball for a 44 yard gain...nice!

Brinker

Oh the wife, who is more of a dog lover than I am, and is from Philly, has just stated that no philly games will be televised in the Brinker house...

50 yard FG by Reed...

I don't understand what appears to be the majority feeling about Vick, based on the headlines and stuff in the Philly papers this morning.

I think 2 years in prison and losing however many millions by not playing and "community service" or whatever he is doing with the humane society constitutes serving his debt to society. 

If he was participating in a cock fighting ring (not that kind of fighting or ring, Otis), nobody would care, but because everyone treats their own dogs like the messiah, he should spend life in prison?  Isn't the purpose of prison to rehabilitate?  How does society know if he has been rehabilitated if he isn't given a 2nd chance?

Release the hounds

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 09:02 »

Brinker

50 yard FG by Reed...

I don't understand what appears to be the majority feeling about Vick, based on the headlines and stuff in the Philly papers this morning.

I think 2 years in prison and losing however many millions by not playing and "community service" or whatever he is doing with the humane society constitutes serving his debt to society. 

If he was participating in a cock fighting ring (not that kind of fighting or ring, Otis), nobody would care, but because everyone treats their own dogs like the messiah, he should spend life in prison?  Isn't the purpose of prison to rehabilitate?  How does society know if he has been rehabilitated if he isn't given a 2nd chance?

Release the hounds

The dog-fighting wasn't Mr. Mexico's first deplorable act.  And like it or not, we segregate our perception of what's acceptable, with having hundreds of dogs rip each other to shreds and/or being electrocuted at one end of the continuum, and squashing a roach at the other, for instance.  I for one don't have a problem with that, but I'm not a Buddhist.  The thing I would ask is what kind of mindset it takes to engage in this kind of activity; the well-known serial correlation to animal cruelty notwithstanding, I see this less as an issue of Vick having made an "error" for which he needs feign "repentance," and more an issue of someone who is fundamentally fucked up and THEE leading candidate to go OJ ten, twenty years downstream.  Dungy looked into his eyes with probably the same psychological acumen that Cowher looked into Zo's, and all the "give a brother a chance" stuff is fine, 'cept I'm not buying. 

Vick just ain't good people.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #9 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 09:07 »

Ok here is the reason --he killed dogs.  By electrocution, drowning and smashing them into the ground.  And he did it for 7 years.  He did not go out and get hammered and decide to drive and kill someone.  He was killing animals for 7 years.  And why, because they could not perform in his eyes.  That is sick demented behavior.  Now that being said he has paid his debt to society...but is he rehabilited, I doubt it.  I think everyone needs to see some genuine remorse in his eyes.  We shall see what he has to say on 60 Minutes Sunday night.
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/11/21/virginia-charges-reveal-michael-vick-put-family-dogs-into-pit/

« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2009 at 09:10 by Brinker » Logged

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: