Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 21, 2014 at 18:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweed  (Read 3904 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 09:12 »

I think everyone needs to see some genuine remorse in his eyes.

Acting: so easy, a caveman can do it!

Stand by my comments, above, on "looking into someone's eyes" to discern fucked-up-edness.  You can look into Suzy Crotchrot's baby blues under the moonlight, by the lake, and see she's all misty, and think things are going smoothly, and it could all turn out to be a case of allergy meds or something.

We shall see what he has to say on 60 Minutes Sunday night.

I hope they ask about the Ron Mexico incident, too.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 09:17 »

Anyway, re-jacking this thread to its title subject, got home late and watched the 1H through tired eyes.  Will re-watch in entirety tonight.

Thought Sweed's 2 1H catches were tremendous, taking the hit over the middle in traffic, and coming back on the underthrow.  Understand he had a 2H drop; oh well.  The guy looks, I dunno, more muscular, more confident, and as SDW said, like Plax, but without the shooting of one's own leg idiocy.  Curious to see Wallace, and heard that MacDonald dominated the scrubs, as well he should have: might have been more an eval on Dixon, then, than SM.  Sweed may be Nate+, but I'll reserve judgment on going as far as SDW's bold prediction.

In any event, I think we're set 5 deep at wideout, and after 1 PS game I think the other guys can't do much to crack that.  Why bother with 6? 

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 09:21 »

Not everyone in the good ol' USA grows up in an environment where dogs are cuddly critters that fetch your slippers. I'm sure the gay Dachshund at our place gets treated a little differently than the dogs that wander the streets in East St. Louis. Not that any of them should be electrocuted...just sayin'.

I wouldn't watch rabid weasels fight. Not into hunting, even though where I'm from, it's a big deal. The best part of hunting season was all those extra ladies at the bar. I will admit to eating a number of beavers over the years, and I have no remorse

Anyway, I heard that Fat Andy is gonna put a shock collar on Vick. It's all about performance...and money.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 09:33 »

Ok here is the reason --he killed dogs.  By electrocution, drowning and smashing them into the ground.  And he did it for 7 years.  He did not go out and get hammered and decide to drive and kill someone.  He was killing animals for 7 years.  And why, because they could not perform in his eyes.  That is sick demented behavior.  Now that being said he has paid his debt to society...but is he rehabilited, I doubt it.  I think everyone needs to see some genuine remorse in his eyes.  We shall see what he has to say on 60 Minutes Sunday night.
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/11/21/virginia-charges-reveal-michael-vick-put-family-dogs-into-pit/

Those acts are definitely committed by someone screwed up in the head, no doubt.  And, I'm not saying he is rehabilitated, but at some point he does deserve an opportunity to show that he is.  Hopefully, interacting with dogs in a different way, will have a positive effect.

So, Brinker, and others, what is more appropriate for Vick?  More prison time, or being banned,for life, from NFL.

Didn't mean to jack the thread, but this was going to come up at some point.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #14 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 09:53 »

I am conflicted.  I guess I can hope that he plays in the NFL and donates a significant portion of his salary to the Humane society.  He would also need to talk to people in the community abouy how he was wrong, how dogfighting is wrong.  Maybe from a negative there can be a positive.  No matter what happens, it will not be forgotten in many peoples eyes.  You can forgive to a certain extent, but that depends on what exactly he says and does.

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #15 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 10:01 »

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 10:23 »

Quote from: Oat
Not everyone in the good ol' USA grows up in an environment where dogs are cuddly critters that fetch your slippers.

Understood.  In some parts of the country, the KKK still holds rallies, and in some parts it's probably more acceptable to marry your cousin than to believe in evolution.  If you don't like the greatest country on Earth, Otis, get the fuck out!

Quote from: Dog Hatin' Virg
So, Brinker, and others, what is more appropriate for Vick?  More prison time, or being banned,for life, from NFL.

He's paid his dues, fine.  I don't think more prison or a lifetime NFL ban is necessary, however distasteful Vick's actions.  But NFL teams are under no obligation whatsoever to facilitate Vick's financial and career resurrection: plenty of talented young kids coming up every year, and the hyperbole about how great Vick is really overlooks the fact that when Mike Vick is presented with "DEFENSES," he reads it as "FEDNSE."  Aside from not reading defenses, really, his passing career was thanks to Algae Crumpler.  Horrible completion percentage and passer rating.  Great QB on the run, but how long will that last for a guy who's 29 and spent a couple years in jail?  

What's appropriate for Vick?  Teams can decide for themselves.  They have.  Personally, I see the Eagles decision as bad from a personnel standpoint, a team psychology standpoint, and a huge gaffe as a PR standpoint.  But I'm not the man signing the check.  Not saying Vick shouldn't make a living or whatever; karma's not for me to decide.  I'm sure there will be a dog-and-pony show with the 60 Minutes piece and other media shit, and he'll speak to kids about how dogs are swell and we shouldn't hurt them, and a few years from now he'll be the same Ronnie Mexico we all know and adore, fucking up again. 

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 11:03 »

So, based on the numbers in Brinker's post, it goes on (dog fighting), it is known, it is cruel and indogane (like inhumane).  But, it is a class D felony.  If Vick was not an NFL commodity, he would have been sentenced to 3 months, max.  And as far as dog killin goes, isn't it a common practice at dog tracks, or performed by people that race grey hounds?  I know tracks are scrutinized, but those breeders kill dozens of dogs for every decent race dog they get.  Not saying it is right or acceptable, I'm just sayin.

Like Otis mentioned, to people that hunt, don't really give a rip about dogs, or aren't animal lovers, they think he more than paid his dues.  People and the media cry out after he signs with the team, because it is PC, and they will be abundant for a few weeks but a week or three into the season, it will be a non-issue among the majority, IMHO.

*BV looks around for the family mutt.  Surely it must be time for a smack down*   JUST KIDDING.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 11:11 »

People and the media cry out after he signs with the team, because it is PC...

Thanks for clarifying.  I thought the PC position was the redemption angle Dungy and Rev. Jesse were selling.

So glad to know I'm politically correct!

Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #19 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 11:29 »

If Vick was not an NFL commodity, he would have been sentenced to 3 months, max.

How do you figure that?

He fought and killed dogs for 7 years...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: