Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 06:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweed  (Read 3804 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 10:50 »

BTW, Little blew a 0.19, which is very, very drunk.  He also blew a red light.  And didn't learn his lesson, went out DWI again.

Much less gray area with little.  Would it be possible to have the Stallworth incident occur to you when not impaired?  Sure, someone darts out.  The Little incident?  Far less likely.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 10:52 »

It's the kind of mindset that a Dahmer or any number of serial killers (who honed their killing chops on animals) might have exhibited.

That's funny, the wife didn't get to see the 60 Minutes interview, and she asked me what he looked like, and I described his eyes like "Dahlmer eyes". So, we're on the same page as to what we expect. I don't expect Mikey to go out hugging dogs, because I don't think he has it in him to sympathize for the ones he killed. He doesn't care for them at all.

But, I used to fry ants with my magnifying glass when I was a kid because the other kids did it. I wouldn't do it now. I just kill them humanely with chemicals. Just saying, people can change. He might become a dog lover. If he does, I'll be cool with him. hy would I keep holding it over his head at that point? But I don't see that happenenning . I see him doing the "kid's circuit" in which he visits urban kids and lectures them on the the dogfighting "mistake" he made. Don't get caught.

As I said before, there's a continuum of acceptability, from zapping dogs at the wrongest of wrong, down to killing bugs.  Frying ants does not a serial killer make.

And maybe he does rehabilitate himself.  Don't care if he likes dogs, and maybe he really does get it.  But I doubt it.

Anyway.  Limas Sweed looks good.

vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #32 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 12:25 »

Mendy looked tentative to me.

That's what I thought last night.  Get a few more preseason games under his belt and hopefully he's fine.  I was not impressed last night though.  Every time he was touched he went down.

what the hell is this crap?  how dare you hijack an already hijacked thread.  can we get an admin to title this thread Sweed/vick/peta/mendenhall?

as for the game, I was in the third freakin row baby! unfortunatley it was 3 rows from the ceiling and couldnt see shit.  Been checking out 212 to catch a replay on 2 occasions, both of them was Brady vs. the eagles.

But the field looked excellent from the heavens.

And about the field. Of course it looked good. It's August. Get a couple of months of 75 games a week being played on it, and things will change. What about some field turf for Heinz Field? Anyone? Anyone?

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #33 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 12:26 »

Oh yeah, I was not impressed at all by Mendenhall Saturday.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 15:54 »

Quote from: CBS Sports tweets
3:22:19 pm Some light-hearted humor in the morning practice. Steelers K Jeff Reed and P Daniel Sepulveda put a frog in WR Limas Sweed's helmet. Apparently Sweed is afraid of frogs.

I can see this will take our thread in a whole new direction...

Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 18:46 »

Dude's afraid of frogs? JHC

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #36 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 19:39 »

Just so long as he's not afraid of tigers and ravens and brownstains then I don't care.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 08:01 »

For anyone interested in animal welfare, The wife and kids are gone this week and I'm "home alone" with dum dum.

evil4     Evil_2     evil7    

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 08:06 »

3:22:19 pm Some light-hearted humor in the morning practice. Steelers K Jeff Reed and P Daniel Sepulveda put a frog in WR Limas Sweed's helmet. Apparently Sweed is afraid of frogs.

What about the frogs, Mike?  What about the frogs?

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 08:55 »

What about the frogs, Mike?  What about the frogs?

"Frogs?  I don't nothin' about no frogs, man.  I wasn't killin' no frogs, and I don't know no one who was.  Besides, I was at a friend's barbeque when that frog shit happened..."

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: