Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 21:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Isaac Redman  (Read 1466 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 09:20 »

Taking it to another level, isn't FWP's contract up after this year?  I'm a fan of Parker, but I'm not a fan of breaking the bank to sing running backs to long-term deals.  Could we find two more diamonds in the rough in Redman and Vincent?

I think Vincent may be JaG.  I'm trying not to get too caught up in UDFA hype with Redman, given the LOC he faced in the Cards game... but getting 7 GL carries from Tomlin, a bunch against the first team, and converting 5/7, HAS to be a HUGE vote of confidence.

Wex says Davis is a lock, based on STs.  OK, well.  If I'm keeping FWP, RM, and MM, and then adding two of (Summers/Redman/Davis), my criteria might be something like this: 1) short yardage back, 2) can play traditional FB, 3) STs, 4) can catch the dumpoff.  For those criteria, my early guess to hazard an order of ability might be: 1) Redman, Summers, Davis; 2) Summers, Davis, Redman; 3) Davis, Summers, Redman; 4) Redman, Summers, Davis.  Just a hunch.  Makes it a close call, and Davis has experience.  Might mean Summers goes to the PS and Redman gets the nod.  I'm not a Davis fan, and would love to see Summers really step up and Redman keep crushing it, allowing Davis to get on with his life's work...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 09:31 »

4) Redman, Summers, Davis. 

The only one I'd change is this one, to: Redman, Davis, Summers.

IMO, Summers is toast. The PS is already bound to have at least one receiver and maybe two. At least one corner and maybe two. One o-lineman, and one LB. I think Summers is on the outside looking in.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #12 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 10:01 »

IMO, Summers is toast. The PS is already bound to have at least one receiver and maybe two. At least one corner and maybe two. One o-lineman, and one LB. I think Summers is on the outside looking in.

I think it's extremely early to give Summers the axe.  I also think it is way too early to give Redman a job.  We didn't even get a chance to see Summers carry the ball more than once I believe.  From what I heard, he is doing a spectacular job in camp at fullback.  That means Davis is out, IMO.  Summers has a lot of upside to talk of him not making the team after one exhibition game.....Give the kid a chance.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 10:10 »

I think it's extremely early to give Summers the axe.  I also think it is way too early to give Redman a job.  We didn't even get a chance to see Summers carry the ball more than once I believe.  From what I heard, he is doing a spectacular job in camp at fullback.  That means Davis is out, IMO.  Summers has a lot of upside to talk of him not making the team after one exhibition game.....Give the kid a chance.
Obviously, this is all "as of right now". And is subject to change without warning. Hills looked like a piece of crap in the first few practices, but had a decent preseason game and is now supposedly impressing the coaches. Guys get better without warning. But IMO, Summers needs to "get better" in a hurry of he's toast.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 10:56 »

FARNK TH"E TARNK" SUMNERS IS A BUSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DID WE DARFT HIM?!?  ODIOTS!!!!!!!!!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Aug 17, 2009 at 12:06 »

In spite of his ST play, Carey Davis will always be on my bad side because he replaced Dan Kreider.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: