Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 02:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shocker! Manny Ramirez on the 'roids!?  (Read 937 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: May 07, 2009 at 11:15 »

Well, it's not really a shock.  But, nothing like a sensational headline is there?  Dodgers want a do over?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4148907

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009 at 14:55 »

That collective *sigh* you heard was the entire NY Met fanbase (+ Minaya and the owners, Wilpon family) for not pulling the trigger and signing him before the season.

FWIW, I heard it was PED and not steroids tho.

Couldn't happen to a better guy.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2009 at 12:43 »

Add another one to the list...

Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz were among the 104 major league players listed as having tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003, lawyers with knowledge of the results told The New York Times.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4366335
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2009 at 12:56 »

It really is a non story. Who really cares anymore? Seriously. They test for it now. Now is what matters. All of the steroid era players who would have normally been HOFs, should be. I wish the media would get off their high horse.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2009 at 13:01 »

Speaking of being on a high horse, I find it funny that Ortiz was the one who came out earlier in the year and stated that if you are busted using roids, you should be suspended for 100 games.

Yeah, Mr. Clean up there in Boston.  :rolleyes:
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2009 at 13:16 »

Speaking of being on a high horse, I find it funny that Ortiz was the one who came out earlier in the year and stated that if you are busted using roids, you should be suspended for 100 games.

LOL! Forgot about that. Incidentally, wasn't saying you were on a high horse Smiley

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2009 at 13:35 »

LOL! Forgot about that. Incidentally, wasn't saying you were on a high horse Smiley

I'm not saying you did.  I was speaking of Manny being on his high horse.  If he wants to destroy his body, fine by me.  To come out and lecture others and make the statements he did at the time was idiotic.  The guy is a joke.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: