Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 23:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plax gets 2 years in prison!  (Read 1170 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« on: Aug 20, 2009 at 10:08 »

WOW! 2 years on a PLEA, amazing!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4411373

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2009 at 10:39 »

If you don't know...

Plaxico...

Is gonna go...

Live with the Po-po...

Guy's crime probably didn't warrant this sentence, but he asked for it after the fact.  He acted like an arse about things rather than taking responsibility, and it clearly pissed off the powers that be.  If he'd held out for trial, I think it would have been worse.

Man, Mark Madden was right...we REALLY should have ponied up to re-sing him in 2004.  We're gonna regret that one day!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2009 at 11:10 »

Shoulda flashed his lights.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2009 at 11:16 »

Seems like a lot, but it's a lot less than he would have gotten if that bullet had hit someone else.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2009 at 12:13 »

Coming next spring on the the Lifetime Network, the true story of NFL player Plaxico Burress, They Don't Serve Key Lime at Rikers.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #5 on: Aug 20, 2009 at 12:17 »

Haha, stupid gansta. But we all know he'll only end up serving half of that.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 20, 2009 at 20:29 »

stupid gansta.

True.

But we all know he'll only end up serving half of that.

And very true.  Once again, must be nice... :rolleyes:
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Aug 21, 2009 at 07:51 »

Well, I know I'm in the minority, but I feel sorry for him. Plax is a dope, but he's not a bad guy. Yeah, he COULD HAVE hurt someone, but since he only hurt himself and the gun was for self defense, I would have given him probation (I understand the NY laws have minimum sentencing, I'm just saying that's what I think he deserves.)

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #8 on: Aug 21, 2009 at 08:18 »

Well, I know I'm in the minority, but I feel sorry for him. Plax is a dope, but he's not a bad guy. Yeah, he COULD HAVE hurt someone, but since he only hurt himself and the gun was for self defense, I would have given him probation (I understand the NY laws have minimum sentencing, I'm just saying that's what I think he deserves.)

I agree SDW. 2 years, for stupidity, where he didn't hurt anyone but himself. It is excessive IMO.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Aug 21, 2009 at 11:38 »

I thought it was somewhat harsh also.  And I never saw Plax as a bad person - based on media reports, having never met him - but more as a guy who's not particularly bright or highly motivated.  This was in the category of stupid decision.  I almost feel that the fact that he has to deal with the embarassment of Barney Fifeing himself is punishment enough. 

I completely understand the reason for the law; you don't want an argument in a club and all of a sudden 20 people are pulling guns - or one for that matter.  And letting him walk would have sent the wrong message.  So some jail time was called for, just seemed like a lot.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: