Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 18:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bray's not following through on his throws  (Read 641 times)
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« on: Aug 21, 2009 at 07:43 »

He's 8 for 16 for 85 yards 1 TD and 1 Int against first teamers. That's a 60 rating. I think he's got an issue. Look at the highlights of the last two pre-season games. He's fine throwing the ball when he's just throwing the quick out to Welker on the side, or when he's in space, but when he's in the pocket with junk in front of him, he doesn't stride through his throw. He throws off the back foot, like he's subconsciously thinking about someone coming from the pile in front of him and rolling up that plant leg. That's why his deep balls aren't connecting. Compare it against some highlight clips from 2007 and you'll see the difference. In 2007, he follows through like a pitcher. This year, he's pulling up short.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2009 at 08:35 »

I know it's sick to think this way, but nothing would make me happier than to see Beardy throw for 3900 or so yards, 14 TDs and 27 INTs all while his former backup lights it up in KC or wherever he landed. 

Meanwhile, let the defense continue to age and have to try and win the games for a change and let's see how much of a genius ol' Bellychump is then.

It could happen ...

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2009 at 10:02 »

I've stuck the fork in the Patriots a bit prematurely every year since 2001.

I'll believe it when I see Beardy's corpse in the road with my tire marks on him.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2009 at 11:44 »

It's basically been two years since he's had to throw under real game conditions.  Natural for his timing to be off.  We'll see when the real games start.

I know it's sick to think this way, but nothing would make me happier than to see Beardy throw for 3900 or so yards, 14 TDs and 27 INTs all while his former backup lights it up in KC or wherever he landed. 

That's not sick - you're not wishing for someone to take out his other knee (at least not in print), just that he has a bad year - or 10.  Cassell succeeding wouldn't change the equation a whole lot for me.  He was gone no matter what.  I have a feeling that he's more Scott Mitchell and less Brady.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2009 at 17:59 »

Would it be sick if I wished for Brady to have Jerry Jones' new video screen fall on his testicles -- so forcefully that it caused his eyes to eject from his head?

The right eye could lodge into Welker's throat, the left in Moss's.

That'd be SWEET.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 03, 2009 at 21:42 »

Eh, that kinda injury heals quick.  Just ask Carson Daly.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: