Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 16:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who would you take?  (Read 573 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Aug 21, 2009 at 09:56 »

I have the 7th pick tomorrow and can guess that several the following players will be available...3 points passing TD 6 points rushing TD, no points per reception, 1 point every 10 yards rushing/receiving, 1 point every 20 yards passing.

LT
Chris Johnson
Steven Jackson 
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Drew Brees
Randy Moss
Steve Slaton
DeAngelo Williams
Frank Gore
Brandon Jacobs

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2009 at 10:19 »

3 points per passing TD and no PPR drives up the value of RBs, IMO.  LT will be healthy again, with a healthy Gates and solid cast on offense.  I think he'll be under-drafted this year.  At 7, he'd be my top pick, but Slaton may not be a bad choice if you want to go younger.  The other RBs IMO can be had a little later: you may get one of them R2.  If not, you can definitely snag some top WR talent on the comeback.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2009 at 11:58 »

I have the 7th pick tomorrow and can guess that several the following players will be available...3 points passing TD 6 points rushing TD, no points per reception, 1 point every 10 yards rushing/receiving, 1 point every 20 yards passing.

LT
Chris Johnson
Steven Jackson 
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Drew Brees
Randy Moss
Steve Slaton
DeAngelo Williams
Frank Gore
Brandon Jacobs

Small, fast backs like Johnson scare me. They usually miss 4-5 games, and Lendale looks good this year. I'm guessing he gets the goal line carries..

Bulger's hurt again, Rams suck. Everyone will be keying on Jackson.

Fitzgerald will be getting double teamd and they have a lot tougher scedule this year.

Calvin Johnson has a roookie QB throwing to him.

Do you really trust that Andre Johnson will go two years in a row without blowing out a knee?

Brees is gold.

I think Brady needs a year to get back to his old level. Moss will put up nice numbers but not like he did in 2007.

Slaton's supposed to share some carries with Brown who is healthy and looks good this year.

Williams will give up more carries this year than last year to Stewart.

Singletary is gonna run Gore into the ground. Lots of carries. But, does he stay healthy?

Jacobs no longer has Plax down field taking the top off the defense.

I'd say Brees is the most sure thing.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: