Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 18, 2014 at 02:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friday Ride & short Video  (Read 603 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« on: Aug 21, 2009 at 15:43 »

Here is a link from my bike puter.  I'll have a couple of video's to follow.  This is the same ride I did last fall when I posted the bike ride pics.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/11651934

Only took a short video.  This is the end/bottom of the knarly section I mentioned in another post. I wasn't going to post the video, becasue it isn't much to see.

« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2009 at 08:57 by Big Virgil » Logged

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2009 at 09:11 »

Here is a video some one else posted of riding the Co Trail with a mounted camera.  You get a flavor for some of the terrain in the first minute or two.  You can also tell the uphill from the flat/downhill.  This section is what most of the trail is like - dirt trail, rocks and roots, etc. 

I have no idea why everyone puts videos like this to rap music. 

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2009 at 10:41 »

Blair Witch meets Dukes of Hazzard.

With the BET soundtrack.

Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2009 at 14:33 »

Looks like a hell of a ride. There was quite a nice slope on some parts of that, wasn't there?

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2009 at 15:57 »

Yup - The software where I upload my computer info for posting links has changed.  It used to show the % grade as one of the options on the graph, but no more.  The grade % shows on the training software that is static on my PC.  I'll have to see what it was.  Fortunately, there was 5,000 ft of descent compared to 2800 ft of ascent.  This ride is just about my max.  I can ride this and still walk up stairs and stuff after I get home and the next day, which is nice.  3,500 feet if ascent is probably physically my max.

Above the map, under "splits" activity #2 is the 3.72 miles of climbing switchbacks.  I wanted to see the stats for that section, so I isolated that part on the puter.  An hour to ride 3.72 miles, 1350 vertical feet of elevation gain, and avg heart rate of 168 for that hour. On the map, that section is where the red line goes from the white colored part of the map into the green and is squiggly.

Free bike tours for anyone that visits BV in Colorado!!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: