Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 22, 2014 at 10:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential for history to repeat itself (SB XL-style)  (Read 415 times)
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Aug 21, 2009 at 15:02 »

I meant to post this other day, but a combination of laziness and bad memory prohibited me from doing so.

As some of you know, I attended training camp last Saturday (sorry Jonzr - I still couldn't get the pictures to upload; different browsers, different PCs, etc. and all I could get was a one and done).

Anyway, the last time I made it to camp, the Steelers won the Super Bowl. But wait, there's more.

At that camp, I got Alan Faneca's autograph (it is on a muddy Terrible Towel that I now use as a golf towel). At this camp, I got Ryan Clark's autograph (on a green Steelers hat with two shamrocks on  it). Yes, I felt stupid/toolbaggish getting an autograph this go-round, but he was up in my grill and happy to sign, so I thought, "WTF? Why not?"

That SB XL-winning year, the Steelers squared off against the Titans in the season (home) opener and, thanks to my man your all's favorite corner, Pacman, I was able to attend. This year, Steelers again square off against the Titans in the season (home) opener and barring some unforeseen circumstance, I will also attend that game.

It's almost uncanny the similarities between how that season started and how this one is beginning. Hoping the end result will be the same.

BTW, anyone going to the season opener? If so, I'd love to meet up with you for some beers.

Some side stats:

I think I've attended about 10 Steelers games (2 away - Nashville, Cincinnati; 1 Neutral - SB XLIII; the rest home, including one or two pre-season games, which don't really count). Of those, the Steelers have only lost one (last year at Nashville).

The Steelers are 1-1 against the Titans in games I've attended (1-0 at home, but my car got towed during the game and impounded until Monday morning, so that was a huge L for me).
The Steelers are 1-0 in primetime games I've attended (SB XLIII).

I guess I'm subtly asking for a collection from all of you to buy me tix to as many games as possible to ensure the Steelers keep winning. For the benefit of the Steelers and all of you, I will fall on that sword (wearing this helmet in case my head bears the brunt of the blow)  helmet .

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
OhioU_Stlrs_Fan

« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2009 at 11:36 »

Me and one of my Producers are going to be there! Section 129 row O (15)

I Heart The Steelers.

Movie On Repeat (1) - Death Race
Movie On Repeat (2) -Max Payne None
Song On Repeat (1)- Jay Z - Brooklyn We Go Hard
Song On Repeat (2)-Here We Go, Duh its Playoff Time!
Book i cant put down -Dean Koontz - Shadowfires
Gnutella
YO!
N00b

Pittsburgh: Super Bowl capital of the world!

« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2009 at 01:09 »

Sweet! So that means that six months from now, we'll get to put up with another round of whiny-ass bullshit from fans of other teams about how we didn't deserve to win the Super Bowl because the Rooneys and the refs are all members of the Bilderberg Group.

Another interesting parallel between 2005 and 2009: we play the NFC North. (Maybe Rashard Mendenhall can flatten Nick Barnett in the snow around Christmas.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: