Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 22, 2014 at 23:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BUF game on at 1pm ET on NFLN  (Read 306 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Aug 30, 2009 at 11:37 »

Gotta run and set the DVR!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2009 at 19:03 »

Ben looks as locked in as I've ever seen him right now.  I think it's safe to assume that McNulty garbage isn't going to distract him this season.  Hell, if anything, it's going to leave him with a chip on his shoulder and he ends up playing even better because of it.  O-line protected Ben as well as I have seen them do in years.  When was the last time you saw Ben have 5-6 seconds in the pocket without having to run away from 3-4 defenders.  It was happening all night in this game.  They couldn't get any holes opened for Mendenhall, but if they can keep Ben upright all season, I'll take it.

Defense is awesome, nothing really to say about them.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2009 at 20:15 »

Ben looks as locked in as I've ever seen him right now.  I think it's safe to assume that McNulty garbage isn't going to distract him this season.  Hell, if anything, it's going to leave him with a chip on his shoulder and he ends up playing even better because of it.  O-line protected Ben as well as I have seen them do in years.  When was the last time you saw Ben have 5-6 seconds in the pocket without having to run away from 3-4 defenders.  It was happening all night in this game.  They couldn't get any holes opened for Mendenhall, but if they can keep Ben upright all season, I'll take it.

Defense is awesome, nothing really to say about them.

Dammit, missed this because I was at a horse show all day.  Highlights I saw looked good, even the OLine.
Ben scrambling, but that's Ben.
Hines Ward?  What can you say?
Sweed making a tough catch knowing he's getting hit.  I love that in a receiver.

Run game needs work, but I agree the line isn't givin' 'em much.  Hopefully that improves.
And I too, will take it, as long as they keep Ben upright all season.

Dude, they do that and take us to a 7th Lombardi, I'll do more than post full frontal....
 eck02
 B)

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: